Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC BSBA - knocking out residency requirements through TECEPs/easy classes
Good evening all,

I'll keep this thread simple: I'm looking for advice and recommendations regarding the 24 credits (minimum) I'm trying to knock out from TESC, preferably through TECEPs. Any input on classes (particularly with regards to difficulty) are welcome, especially for any of the requirements where I can freely select a class to fulfill it with.

After speaking with my advisor, with my main goal being to knock out the 24 credits required for residency at TESC (as I plan on transferring credits for the remaining requirements from both my current school + CLEPs/DSSTs), we've determined the following that I still need that should also meet the residency and degree requirements:

Strategic Management - planning on taking the TECEP; will probably save for last or near-last

Managerial Communication - any inputs are welcome; after reading the course description I'm kind of terrified by it

2 more for Personal Responsibility (diversity/global literacy + one elective) - feel free to suggest courses that are easy enough to fulfill these/TECEPs, if available

1 more for General Electives - need to check my notes if it has to be under Human Cultures or not; again, TECEP recommendations are welcome

2 more UL courses from 2 of the following: Accounting, Finance, or Marketing - could use input on this; I haven't tried a course on Finance yet, but from the reviews I've read for Principles of Finance (which I plan on CLEPing), Finance as a whole sounds brutal. Accounting I've enjoyed so far (currently in a Managerial Accounting class), while Marketing seems like it's easy enough based on my experience with the Principles of Marketing exam.

All other core requirements I've either taken care of, or will do so through CLEP/DSST. I may take one of sanantone's alternatives from the wiki for the Managerial Communication requirements; if so, I'm not sure what to replace it with, other than another core requirement that I originally wanted to test out of (English II, Introductory Business Law, or Business Ethics and Society). I can repost my Academic Eval if someone wants to look at it, although I've yet to transfer the credits from my current school.

The two things on my mind are a) maintaining a 4.0 GPA while b) knocking out my Bachelor's ASAP, the reason being is that I'm trying to commission in the USAF and my Time in Service + GPA are heavily factored into their decisions.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if a lot of this material has been asked before. Just trying to get a picture of where I am at, so that the 24 bare minimum I need for TESC can be done ASAP and the rest I can test out of, hopefully. I'm trying to only have to take one easy enough course for GPA purposes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,014 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Residency waiver @ TESU MNomadic 8 2,662 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Residency waiver for certificates Ideas 2 1,290 08-26-2018, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Saylor/TESU Discount Residency Waiver Fee for ASBA jumpstart 7 3,037 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,638 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  Help me fill degree requirements TESU BS NEET MNomadic 10 3,020 08-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,977 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro