Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Business & Society
Hey guys does anybody know where can I find that course or an alternate course that would fulfill that TESC requirement. I don't really want to take the TESC class and I am a horrible test taker for that reason I don't want to take the TECEP. That is the only course I need to get my business degree so your help will be warmly appreciated Smile
Sounds like somebody I know...... Lol

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Please take the DSST Business Ethics & Society -- it was sort of easy after prin of mgmt, human resource mgmt and business law. It's basically those three subjects rolled into one. IC flashcards (and specific feedback) was more than enough to pass this test.

Alternately Penn Foster has an ACE approved course: Business Ethics (BUS400) ICS 0216. You could call and ask advisor for approval. [TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
The DSST Business Ethics gives credit for Business Policy??????? Are you sure about that?
The OP asked about TESC Business & Society...and yes, I am sure, I took the DSST exam. http://catalog.tesc.edu/content.php?cato...ng_Options

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I have taken Ethics from Clovis
Do you think the classes would duplicate?
How is it listed on your evaluation? If it transferred as BUS-311 then yes it is a duplicate. I would call and talk to an advisor for clarity and options.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
Thank you very much! The problem is that I don't have an evaluation I was originally with EC however I noticed that for TESC I have already completed my requirements excepting Business in Society.
I see. Did you apply yet? Hopefully you did and are just awaiting the official evaluation. You never know what will be accepted (or not) until this step is completed. You may need more than just the one final course.

Anyway, ethics is usually considered a humanities course and will most likely transcribe as PHI-286. To complete the business degree core slot Business in Society or International Management the dsst exam (BUS311) is accepted, also the business society tecep (BUS311), and the ethics and the business professional course (PHI384).

Being so close to the end, if not taking a known accepted substitution, I would strongly advise that you wait and speak to an advisor. This way you are sure about the course/exam as it could be approved and planned on your evaluation so there will be no disappointments later.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
Quote:To complete the business degree core slot Business in Society or International Management the dsst exam (BUS311) is accepted, also the business society tecep (BUS311), and the ethics and the business professional course (PHI384).

I took the 'new' Straighterline Business Ethics course and it transcribed to TESC as PHI-384. According to my all-knowing advisor :roflol:, PHI-384 does not cover the Business in Society or International Management requirement.

Does anyone have any info or an evaluation showing PHI-384 meeting the Business in Society or International Management requirement? I thought I remembered seeing Business Ethics transcribed as BUS-311 in certain cases, but I have had no luck digging it up here or in the TESC catalog.
ALEKS: College Algebra, Introduction to Statistics, Pre-Calculus
CLEP: American Government, American History I, Principles of Marketing
DSST: Business Ethics and Society, Civil War and Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems, Money & Banking, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union
Straighterline: Accounting I, Accounting II, Business Communications, Business Ethics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Managerial Accounting, Organizational Behavior, Principles of Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,685 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,840 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,702 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,500 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,650 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 5,000 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,924 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,575 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Accounting vs Business Admin Rustydroid 20 3,622 06-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  Anyone has a uses TESU Business Capstone textbook I can buy Dowew 5 1,555 04-13-2018, 01:24 PM
Last Post: allvia