Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC CLEP Policy for anyone interested
If anyone is interested, here is TESC's CLEP policy.
College Search - Thomas Edison State College - SATÂ, APÂ, CLEPÂ
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Hmmm...... I wonder why Thomas Edison does not grant credit for CLEP Principles of Accounting.
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
do you study just by instantcert? and how long does it take you to study for each clep?
empeee Wrote:do you study just by instantcert? and how long does it take you to study for each clep?

I use InstantCert plus a couple of other resources for each test. If you want to know specifically what I used to study for the tests I've taken, then you are welcome to PM me. Also, under the Specific Exam Feedback Section, I have posted the study materials I used for each exam I've taken.

As far as how long to study for each test, that varies for each person. Some study for a week, a month, or more.
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
[/SIZE]
Principles of Accounting is no longer a CLEP test, it was retired last June.
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Thanks for posting this. I am planning on attending TESC.

69+Brick & Mortar Credits
Financial Accounting Clep- Score 59
Prin. Of Marketing Clep- Score 62
Business Law- Score 57
Prin. Of Management- Score 72
Prin. Of Supervision DSST- Score 63
Human Resource Management DSST- Score 62
Organizational Behavior DSST- Score 62
Intro to Business- DSST Score 67
College Algebra Straighterline-FHSU-"A"
Pre-Calculus ALEKS-ACE-Pass
Microeconomics Clep- Score 64
TESC Business Letter and Report Writing PLA-Pass
Management Info Systems Clep-Score 433
Money and Banking DSST-Score 64
Sales Management TECEP-Pass
Principles of Finance DSST-Score 57
If anyone is curious about TESC's policy on how long it takes to post exam results, here is a quote from an advisor:

"Hello Greg,
MAR-323 will fulfill the last requirement in business electives. It has been added to your program plan. Grades for TESC courses are added four weeks after the last day of the semester. Credits from other institutions are also added approximately four weeks after they are received."

....which sounds fine, but I passed 5 CLEP/DSST between 1/22 and 2/26 that have not been posted yet. With the finish line in sight (1 current GS class & 4 Teceps scheduled by 4/25), I just don't want any last-minute surprises.
Welcome to my world. I've been complaining about this, as you may have noticed. In my experience, they take 8-12 weeks to add the info (after they receive it.)

gregjohnson Wrote:If anyone is curious about TESC's policy on how long it takes to post exam results, here is a quote from an advisor:

"Hello Greg,
MAR-323 will fulfill the last requirement in business electives. It has been added to your program plan. Grades for TESC courses are added four weeks after the last day of the semester. Credits from other institutions are also added approximately four weeks after they are received."

....which sounds fine, but I passed 5 CLEP/DSST between 1/22 and 2/26 that have not been posted yet. With the finish line in sight (1 current GS class & 4 Teceps scheduled by 4/25), I just don't want any last-minute surprises.
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
gregjohnson Wrote:If anyone is curious about TESC's policy on how long it takes to post exam results, here is a quote from an advisor:

"Hello Greg,

>>

I think you are mixing apples and oranges. The advisor's email to you is for classes, not CLEP exams.
I have taken CLEP's and had them added to my transcript in 2 weeks when it was a priority so that I could graduate on time. The last CLEP I took was In January it took about one week Feb 4th for TESC to receive the transcript from the CLEP people. I was not in a hurry so I have just sat back and waited and my updated transcript was done today 1 day less than 6 weeks. This is what I have been told is the advertised time it takes. If your are taking longer I would make sure TESC has recieved the transcript and then contact them. I have never had trouble getting things expedited when I asked nicely and it was a rush.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,824 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,644 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,585 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,647 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,572 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Age waiver denied from TESU. Policy changed Jan. 1, 2018 stampbuyme 61 11,579 05-31-2018, 08:05 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,220 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP + College Math CLEP ? Silly_Me 6 2,505 03-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  CLEP Newcomer backstabbathds 6 1,414 02-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,453 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd