Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Capstone Question
I am about to start the Thomas Edison Liberal Arts Capstone and was trying to figure out if I want to do the Guided Study or the Online Course?!?!?! Is there a cost difference?
Gooberman11 Wrote:I am about to start the Thomas Edison Liberal Arts Capstone and was trying to figure out if I want to do the Guided Study or the Online Course?!?!?! Is there a cost difference?

No, guided study and online are the same price for any course offered.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
I am about to finish up my Guided Study (TESC-Liberal Arts) course with Dr. Tomko! I have loved this version, although not many have taken it. There is no interaction with fellow students...you only talk with your mentor (Dr. Tomko is great). Some prefer the Online Study (with graded responses), but I have really liked my grade being solely wrapped up in my paper. (But, that's just me!) Hope it goes well!!!
TayTay Wrote:I am about to finish up my Guided Study (TESC-Liberal Arts) course with Dr. Tomko! I have loved this version, although not many have taken it. There is no interaction with fellow students...you only talk with your mentor (Dr. Tomko is great). Some prefer the Online Study (with graded responses), but I have really liked my grade being solely wrapped up in my paper. (But, that's just me!) Hope it goes well!!!

That's good to know. I just finished War & American Society OL where most of your grade was wrapped up in your responses. It was an easy A.

I am starting to plan to take the Capstone, and your remarks about Guided Study are intriguing. Do you still have to follow the same Module format as in OL, such as submitting the Intro and First Chapter, and the Bibliography for grading? Or is it graded at the end when you submit it?
corpsole2 Wrote:I am starting to plan to take the Capstone, and your remarks about Guided Study are intriguing. Do you still have to follow the same Module format as in OL, such as submitting the Intro and First Chapter, and the Bibliography for grading? Or is it graded at the end when you submit it?

It's the same format (as far as I know...someone correct me if I'm wrong). You submit a chapter (5 total) every two weeks and they are graded individually. Your last assignment is where you combine all the chapters and add the "extras" (abstract, etc.). In the end, they combine the individual grades plus the final Capstone grade, for your total.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,205 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,392 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,619 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,958 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,965 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,679 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,795 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium