Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Fees Question
I have all the necessary credits to be awarded an ASAST degree from TESC. I am an out-of-state resident. Once I transfer in all my credits, I will not need to take any TESC courses. Will they allow me to pay a graduation fee or do I actually have to enroll and pay the annual enrollment fee to receive the degree? Thank you in advance for helping me.
You have to pay the enrollment fee. Does the ASAST have a capstone requirement? Almost all of them do now. You'll have to take that course through TESC.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
To graduate from any college you must be "matriculated" which means that you have been accepted into a particular degree program. So you will have to pay to enroll so they can "evaluate" and "accept" your credits from other sources on a transfer equivlency "TE" basis. You did not say in what field you are trying to get a degree, but if you are using license or cerification for credits, TESC may will also require a document of currency "DOC" for you credits. Aditionally, TESC can be very quirky in how they transfer courses form other sources into their equivelences. So you may have to take some courses after all.

It does not sound like you have even applied to TESC since you use the phrase "once I transfer-in all my credits". You send in all your transcripts and certs as part of the application process before you can even pay to enroll. TESC will then formally tell you what is necessary for a particlular degree. If you actually have already applied and recieived your "preliminary evaluation" and this is why you believe you will meet all the requirments when you send in your latest (end of semester?) transcript, you still need to enroll to become matriculated and have this evaluation "officially" accepted as your degree plan. Then you apply for graduation and pay again to have your degree plan "verified" as complete.
I believe TESC will allow you to earn more than one degree for the enrollment fee, which lasts one year.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
I just did this. And you will have to pay the enrollment fee plus a technology fee. The enrollment fee will allow you to be a student for a year. I asked a student services rep about multiple degree and she said as many as you qualify and pay for. That said, the only Associates degree they have that does not list a Capstone requirement is the AA. However, they do require you to earn a minimum 2.0 from them and the only way to achieve that is by taking a course from them.
2017 - Juris Doctor
University of the District of Columbia David A Clark School of Law

2013 - Bachelor of Art - Liberal Arts 
Thomas Edison State University
120/120 credits

16 Months of Independent Testing

TESC
3-Liberal Art Capstone

9-ALEKS CREDITS
3-College Algebra
3-Intermediate Algebra
3-Trigonometry

51-CLEP Credits
3-Info. Systems & Computer Applications
3-History of the US II
3-American Government
3-Prin. of Microeconomics
3-Prin. of Macroeconomics
3-History of the US I
6-Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
6-Social Sciences & History
6-Humanities
3-Psychology
3-Sociology
3-Human Growth & Development
6-College Composition

33-DSST Credits
3-Intro to Law Enforcement
3-Criminal Justice
3-Civil War & Reconstruction
3-Personal Finance
3-Environment and Humanity
3-UL-Substance Abuse
3-UL-Organizational Behavior
3-UL-Money & Banking
3-Western Europe Since 1945
3-UL-Rise & fall of the Soviet Union
3-UL-History of the Vietnam War

Other Credits
1- Information Literacy (Penn Foster)
23-FEMA ISP  Credits
jnewton0828 Wrote:I just did this. And you will have to pay the enrollment fee plus a technology fee. The enrollment fee will allow you to be a student for a year. I asked a student services rep about multiple degree and she said as many as you qualify and pay for. That said, the only Associates degree they have that does not list a Capstone requirement is the AA. However, they do require you to earn a minimum 2.0 from them and the only way to achieve that is by taking a course from them.

I never heard of this. On the evaluation, you need a minimum of a 2.0. I and many others have met this requirement with transfer courses. Even though transfer courses aren't used to calculate the official GPA, they are used to calculate an unofficial GPA on the evaluation for quality control. A lot of people completely tested out of their degrees, so they may or may not have had a GPA on their evaluation. But since passing a CLEP or DSST is the equivalent of getting a "C" or 2.0, I think that TESC finds this acceptable. Unless things have changed, people can still graduate from TESC without a GPA for programs that don't have a capstone. The last time I checked, there were other associate's programs that don't require a capstone, but they might have added them by now.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
According to the website, there are several associate's degrees that don't require a capstone yet.

ASNSM in Biology
ASNSM in Computer Science
ASNSM in Mathematics
AAS in Dental Hygiene
AAS in Multidisciplinary Technology
AAS in Polysomnography
AAS in Respiratory Therapy (maybe)
Associate in Arts
ASAST in Computer & Information Technology
ASAST in Nuclear Medicine Technology
Associate in Science in Business Administration
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I believe Sanantone is correct here. The 2.0 requirement is not a TESC GPA but the cum composite GPA of all the courses with grades applied to your degree in your evaluation. CBEs are already >2.0 by definition of acceptability for credit. The GPA that TESC comes up here with is not reported specifically, but only that it exceeds the minimum 2.0

While there is no capstone for the ASAST, there is a ("DOC") document of currency requirement for the professional credits. If this is an issue TESC should have noted it on your evaluation, I believe. You still may not have to take any courses for this DOC tag.

Bottom Line: bnm needs to enroll (i.e. pay-up), confirm with advising that his evaluation is current and complete to the final transcripts/certifications/licenses submitted and that he is interpreting it correctly to mean that he is ready to apply for graduation.

bnm will remain a paid up student for 1 year and is entitled to an evaluation for a follow-on bachelors degree (presumably but not necessarily) a BSAST. If he can complete the requirements for this degree within the 1 year, he won't have to pay additional enrollment fees.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,394 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  July 2018 current fees at the Big 3 dfrecore 70 12,661 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: KawJa
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,620 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,719 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,960 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,969 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,796 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,589 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,241 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM