Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(TESC) How are failed TECEPs reflected on academic evaluation online?
Mainly asking out of excitement and fear after taking the capstone for the BSBA. While I understand that there will be a time period before I can test again (if I choose to), how else does the academic evaluation reflect that I didn't pass a TECEP? Or does it change at all?
OfficerA Wrote:Mainly asking out of excitement and fear after taking the capstone for the BSBA. While I understand that there will be a time period before I can test again (if I choose to), how else does the academic evaluation reflect that I didn't pass a TECEP? Or does it change at all?

I can post from experience, I recently failed a TECEP
Previous to taking the TECEP, it showed on my academic evaluation in the space it would fill
When I failed, it disappeared, as if it was never taken .... the space became vacant
However when I look at the transcript section, the TECEP shows as NC

You get to take them twice.
When I retake the one I failed, and hopefully pass, I'll be able to see if it actually replaces the one on the transcript

Hope this helps Smile

Thanks, and sorry if this may have opened up old wounds (didn't think of it a the time). I just want to use my time productively while I wait, so I've got Calculus to worry about now and papers I've neglected for another class, on top of work.

Good luck on your TECEP re-test! Mind if I ask which subject it's on?
OfficerA Wrote:Thanks, and sorry if this may have opened up old wounds (didn't think of it a the time). I just want to use my time productively while I wait, so I've got Calculus to worry about now and papers I've neglected for another class, on top of work.

Good luck on your TECEP re-test! Mind if I ask which subject it's on?

It's ok Smile
The TECEP was Abnormal Psychology and I missed it by 1 mark banghead
The exam did not fit the study guide from TESC whatsoever and had different subject matter from what had been described on here ... oh well, hopefully next time
Goodluck with yours, at least with a math subject it's more straight forward and less "red herrings" Smile

GMT Wrote:It's ok Smile
The TECEP was Abnormal Psychology and I missed it by 1 mark banghead
The exam did not fit the study guide from TESC whatsoever and had different subject matter from what had been described on here ... oh well, hopefully next time
Goodluck with yours, at least with a math subject it's more straight forward and less "red herrings" Smile

I have that test on my to-do list... :p May I know which edition of the textbook did you use to prepare?
laughter Wrote:I have that test on my to-do list... :p May I know which edition of the textbook did you use to prepare?

I used 2 editions (14 and 16) to ensure I had coverage of both DSM-IV and DSM-V - I wasn't sure how indepth the test would go
The questions were not straight forward on my test, lots of head scratching and guessing to be honest ... and I have experience of this subject too
There were tons of questions about eating disorders, personality disorders and childrens stuff
I feel the childrens area is where I stumbled as I'd neglected to spend the time required on this section, sadly it was WAY more than 5% of the test

laughter Wrote:I have that test on my to-do list... :p May I know which edition of the textbook did you use to prepare?

I took this exam as well at the end of last fall & passed. I read the latest edition of the required textbook from cover to cover over a period of about 6 months. To be honest, for all the reading I did, I wasn't happy with my score, but I was happy to have passed. The test is very intense. The eating disorders questions were the easiest for me. I felt like I didn't remember enough about the individual psychologists and their theories. Plus, there is a lot of crossover in the childrens' disorder, which can get confusing when they are asking you to give a diagnosis.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Hm, okay. Thanks for the feedback, GMT and SweetSecret! Were the exam questions based on the DSM-V then? Does the sample questions in the test guide closely reflect the questions in the real exam? Any other tips?
laughter Wrote:Hm, okay. Thanks for the feedback, GMT and SweetSecret! Were the exam questions based on the DSM-V then? Does the sample questions in the test guide closely reflect the questions in the real exam? Any other tips?

On my test there were no questions on individual psychologists and their theories, shame because I know them really well lol
There were lots of questions where you had to diagnose the mental illness from the symptoms, those were based on DSM-V
I found the sample questions didn't reflect the exam

Put it this way, for my retake I'm simply digesting the whole 16th edition book and keeping my fingers crossed Smile

Owh, okay. I'll focus on the 16th ed then. Let me know how it goes. Smile (Who knows... you might get the version SweetSecret had - questions on the individual psychologists Big Grin )

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies badooble 42 14,637 09-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 2,917 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,642 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  URGENT HELP NEEDED! Survey on Online Digital Learning due by 23 June for Capstone! Nightmoves5 6 1,797 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: fork
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,261 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Three new TECEPs added Ideas 0 1,456 06-14-2018, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Public Relations Thought and Practice and Managerial Communications TECEPs gentleman4561 5 1,462 06-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about TECEPs xjarhead1999 2 1,118 06-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS Evaluation updated with AA completion? triforce828 10 2,536 06-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: MSK9