Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Living Expense Loans
I'm still here, no worries.

That hurricane took a little bit out of me. A bit of cleaning up had to be done.

I also found a job.... 2 days/week @ a whopping $8.50/hour... And I'm still looking. My problem is working a non-steady shift will totally throw off my concentration on schooling. (It has before.) And I'm barely, if at all, going to be able to pay October's bills. Wonderful.

Times like this make everything in life suck just a little bit more.
Derek Wrote:I'm still here, no worries.

That hurricane took a little bit out of me. A bit of cleaning up had to be done.

I also found a job.... 2 days/week @ a whopping $8.50/hour... And I'm still looking. My problem is working a non-steady shift will totally throw off my concentration on schooling. (It has before.) And I'm barely, if at all, going to be able to pay October's bills. Wonderful.

I'm not sure what you want someone to say? Everyone else has a great life except you? No one else has to figure out how to work 2 days a week AND study? No one else wishes they had more money? Seriously, welcome to being a grown up.
Congratulations on finding a job, even it isn't ideal at the moment. Study when you have free time, you'd have to find the time if you found the perfect 40hr/wk job, so think of it as no different.
Next Goal - MS in Pharmacy, Major Pharmaceutical Sciences, concentration Forensic Science via University of Florida
BSAST Health Services Technology 2012
AA General Ed 2012
AAS Medical Laboratory Technician HCC 1994

Straighterline Courses
English Comp I
A&P II
Medical Terminology
Intro to Biology
Statistics
Managerial Accounting
Earned 127, currently enrolled at TESC working on last 6 credits in order to graduate by 6/2012!!
cookderosa Wrote:I'm not sure what you want someone to say? Everyone else has a great life except you? No one else has to figure out how to work 2 days a week AND study? No one else wishes they had more money? Seriously, welcome to being a grown up.
I'm finding this more and more true with each day I live. I'm learning to put the nose to the grindstone. Work hard, study hard, sleep hard, and if you have time left, play hard!!

Also, if you really commit to taking Sunday's off and just resting and doing something enjoyable, you can a really fast pace almost indefinitely. It really helps (maybe that's why its a commandment :coolgleam: ).
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
Derek Wrote:I'm still here, no worries.

Look at it this way. Almost everyone on this site has lots of other stuff going on. I have 5 kids and I work full time and I travel for work quite frequently, typically in the Spring and Fall.

TRUST ME there is nothing tougher than ending a full day's work only to have to figure out whether it's my night to cook while DH watches the kids or vice versa. Then after dealing with my youngest's teething issues and taking the dogs for a walk with kids in tow, bathing kids, reading stories, brushing teeth and getting them to bed, THEN I am TOTALLY and utterly exhausted. Oh yeah.. and then when I would rather be sleeping or doing a million other things, I have to start studying.

I'm not trivializing the way you feel and understand that studying can really suck. Life in general can really suck.. but trust me, it will be a lot worse without the piece of paper and its accompanying benefits than it will once you've got the B.S. behind your name.

I have a copy of this picture on my desk: Construction Workers Take a Lunch Break on a Steel Beam Atop the RCA Building at Rockefeller Center Photographic Print at AllPosters.com

Click on the link and take a look at it. It'll show you construction workers taking a lunch break. I have had this picture framed and on my desk for several years now and my DH got it for me when I was having a particularly rough time at work. If you feel like your day is horrible and everything sucks, take a look at what other people have to go through. No matter how bad my life is, it isn't nearly as difficult as what those construction workers had to deal with.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have two choices: 1) suck it up and get it done, realizing that your life isn't easy, but most people's isn't either OR 2) Wallow in self-pity and stop studying while you complain about your job and zone out in front of the TV or XBOX in your free time.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
burbuja0512 Wrote:I have a copy of this picture on my desk: Construction Workers Take a Lunch Break on a Steel Beam Atop the RCA Building at Rockefeller Center Photographic Print at AllPosters.com
Actually that looks awesome. I'd love to read one of my textbooks up there.

It could be like
Mom:"Johnny, you can't come down until you finish the book"
Johnny:"Okay Mom!" (chucks book over the edge and climbs down) Smile

Sorry for hijacking this, it was just such an inspirational photo :roflol: (note to self: don't use hijack during the month of Sept.)
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
This one usually does it for me. Suddenly my commute is nothing. Big Grin
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,636 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Should living in New Jersey affect my decision between COSC and TESU? SAmendola 4 1,550 04-09-2018, 10:53 PM
Last Post: rlw74
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,449 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,194 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,987 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,347 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,766 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,743 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,269 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,875 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby