Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC - Online or E-Pack or Guided or ??
I just received my Evaluation back from TESC for my BA in Psychology. I have 86 credits that will transfer over right away. I have 3 credits for Child Development that will tansfer over once I raise my overall GPA. My days in college were obviously not been spent on much studying. I have 4 other classes that could transfer in too for a total of 16 more credits but I do not have anywhere for them to go so those are lost I guess. They are Urban Planning etc.

So that will give me 89 credits total able to be transfered to TESC. I need to take the following courses to complete my BA:
English 102 - 3 credits
1 Free Elective - 1 credit ( I will do a FEMA course)
Statistics - 3 credits
Experimental Psych - 3 credits

Then 8 Psychology Electives which I assume will be 7 Electives once I get the Child Devel transfered over. - 21 credits

I was planning on CLEP'ing my heart out for the next few months to knock out all of the Psych and English credits. I will have to take the Statistics course but have that lined up.

I want to get the grades on my transcripts so I can raise my GPA above 2.0 and so I can have some grades. I have time available for the next 3-4 months so I can jam out the classes but want to get the boards opinion on how best to go about it at TESC.

At TESC they have Online courses that are 12 weeks, you have to log in a certain # of times a week, participation, etc. That is not of too much interest to me but it does get a grade rather than CR / NC

E-Pack courses are also 12 weeks but you can go faster. There are some qizzes along the way that are not graded and just take the Proctored test at the end of the course. No mentors, no discussions etc. Not Graded at the end though- CR / NC. I have an approved Proctor already lined up so that is not an issue with me taking some courses rather than CLEP.

Guided study is also 12 weeks but there is a mentor if you need one, videos, workbooks etc. Graded at the end.

I am not too big on all of that interaction and needing to be logged in etc.

Thoughts???.... Please be gentle with me. I have been way over studying for my CLEP Human Growth & Develpoment, been obsessing over where to get my Teacher Prep Program or if I should just go for the Masters in Ed and be done with it, desparately waiting for my evaluation, got up at 3:30 am to have my telephone appt with TESC (big time difference between Japan and the East Coast) and to top it off it is now snowing here in Japan

Thanks Thanks Thanks...I love this board and can not wait to be promoted and get a picture too!
Hello- I, too would like to hear opinions on the various credit options available at TESC, particularly for Business Policy and Managerial Communications. Thanks , Greg
Financial Aid will only pay for Online Courses or Guided Study. Not E Pack or TECEP.

That may influence your decision.
[U][U]A pass is a pass![/U][/U]

CLEP Passed
Social Science & History (6)
English Comp w/Essay (6)
A & I Literature (6)
Biology (6)
Natural Science (6)
Intro to Psychology (3)
Intro to Sociology (3)
Intro to Educational Psychology (3)
Human Growth & Development (3)
American Government (3)

DSST Passed
Drug & Alcohol Abuse (3)
Organizational Behavior (3)
Intro to Computing (3)
Technical Writing (3)
Astronomy (3)
Counseling (3)

ECE
Research Methods in Psychology (3)
Cultural Diversity (3)

FEMA (25)
NFA (3)

***Admitted to Wayne State University Law School
YokotaJo Wrote:I just received my Evaluation back from TESC for my BA in Psychology. I have 86 credits that will transfer over right away. I have 3 credits for Child Development that will tansfer over once I raise my overall GPA. My days in college were obviously not been spent on much studying. I have 4 other classes that could transfer in too for a total of 16 more credits but I do not have anywhere for them to go so those are lost I guess. They are Urban Planning etc.

So that will give me 89 credits total able to be transfered to TESC. I need to take the following courses to complete my BA:
English 102 - 3 credits
1 Free Elective - 1 credit ( I will do a FEMA course)
Statistics - 3 credits
Experimental Psych - 3 credits

Then 8 Psychology Electives which I assume will be 7 Electives once I get the Child Devel transfered over. - 21 credits

I was planning on CLEP'ing my heart out for the next few months to knock out all of the Psych and English credits. I will have to take the Statistics course but have that lined up.

I want to get the grades on my transcripts so I can raise my GPA above 2.0 and so I can have some grades. I have time available for the next 3-4 months so I can jam out the classes but want to get the boards opinion on how best to go about it at TESC.

At TESC they have Online courses that are 12 weeks, you have to log in a certain # of times a week, participation, etc. That is not of too much interest to me but it does get a grade rather than CR / NC

E-Pack courses are also 12 weeks but you can go faster. There are some qizzes along the way that are not graded and just take the Proctored test at the end of the course. No mentors, no discussions etc. Not Graded at the end though- CR / NC. I have an approved Proctor already lined up so that is not an issue with me taking some courses rather than CLEP.

Guided study is also 12 weeks but there is a mentor if you need one, videos, workbooks etc. Graded at the end.

I am not too big on all of that interaction and needing to be logged in etc.

Thoughts???.... Please be gentle with me. I have been way over studying for my CLEP Human Growth & Develpoment, been obsessing over where to get my Teacher Prep Program or if I should just go for the Masters in Ed and be done with it, desparately waiting for my evaluation, got up at 3:30 am to have my telephone appt with TESC (big time difference between Japan and the East Coast) and to top it off it is now snowing here in Japan

Thanks Thanks Thanks...I love this board and can not wait to be promoted and get a picture too!
>>

Having not taken an e-pack, I can't really help, however I will suggest that if you still need a free elective then use the "lost" credit from your opening paragraph. Your BA allows 27 free electives, so those could be filled with anything.

If it were me, and I know it's not LOL, since your remaining credits are in your major, I'd take the classes in 2 semesters. Social Psychology is a super easy 6 credit course, and Research Methods (3) is easy too. If you want to go to grad school, having a higher GPA will be a benefit- ESPECIALLY in major.
It was Guided study, it was a lot of work, but I don't think that is the norm. If you are capable of learning on your own and have the self discipline why bother with the hassle of discussion boards?
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,089 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 2,902 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,618 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  URGENT HELP NEEDED! Survey on Online Digital Learning due by 23 June for Capstone! Nightmoves5 6 1,793 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: fork
  Online Course Finder launching. This might interest you if you're in California jsh1138 13 3,059 06-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Feelings about TESU / online schools Ideas 22 5,196 05-26-2018, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  Biology degree online can it be done? Tennesseegirl87 33 7,292 04-18-2018, 09:15 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Anyone take classes at DMACC upper-level, for under $200 online frank.f.franky 5 1,984 03-21-2018, 11:23 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,442 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,182 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill