Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Students and English Comp II using CLEP
Tedium Wrote:In the portion I quoted you told the poster that the CLEP would duplicate credit with 101 and to take the TECEP instead. At previous colleges I've attended they would have taken the CLEP and disregarded the 101 course, as happened with my Freshman College Composition, and I thought that is what you were telling them as well. Most colleges do not allow CLEP to fulfill partial requirements. If the CLEP fulfills 2 requirements for 6 credits then that is what goes on your transcript. In many cases you would not be able to keep the transferred course.

I don't see where you explained it any differently, which is why I made my post.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

In post #3 I explained it quoting the original post. Instead of quoting in my last post I typed out all the information but same exact message. It doesn't matter whether they transcribe the course or exam for ENC101 it's sitll duplicate credit. It makes more sense to just take the ENC102 TECEP for the needed 3cr than taking a 6cr exam that will require more work yet you will only receive half the credit.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:In post #3 I explained it quoting the original post. Instead of quoting in my last post I typed out all the information but same exact message. It doesn't matter whether they transcribe the course or exam for ENC101 it's sitll duplicate credit. It makes more sense to just take the ENC102 TECEP for the needed 3cr than taking a 6cr exam that will require more work yet you will only receive half the credit.

I see now, sorry. You're actually probably right. College Composition w/Essay was the longest test I've ever had to take in one sitting, and that was after finishing the multiple choice with 15 minutes to spare. At the end I just had to go to the bathroom so bad I would have written anything down to finish. If you don't have to sit through it, I would recommend you taking that option. It's just one of those draining tests, and that's coming from an English major! hilarious (why on earth is that smiley so huge?!)
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
I'd be interested to know how you get on. I've got this one scheduled for next month.

James
TESC BSBA in progress

CLEP
American Gov., Analysing and Interpreting Lit., Freshman College Comp., German, His. of US I, His. of US II, Humanities, Info Sys. & Comp. App, Intro to Bus Law, Intro to Psy., Intro to Soc., Natural Sciences, Prin. of Accounting, Prin. of Macroeconomics, Prin. of Management, Prin. of Marketing, Prin. of Microeconomics, Soc. Sci. & History, Western Civ. I, Western Civ. II

DSST
Bus. Law II, Criminal Justice, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Fund. Of Counseling, Here's to Your Health, Human Cultural Geog., Intro. to Law Enforcement, Prin. of Supervision, Western Europe Since 1945, Advanced Principles of English Composition, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management

UExcel / ECE
College Writing (B), Business Ethics (B)

TECEP
Networking Technology

ALEKS
Business Statistics, College Algebra

Saylor
BUS210: Corporate Communication (70)

Davar Academy
FIN 301 Introduction to Finance (85)

Sophia
Project Management
Hi - I took the English Comp II TECEP and it was easy! Print out the test description and answer the questions twice. Actually type the essays and answers. The exam might have a different topic for the essays but the types of essays they ask you to write are exactly the same. And you are allowed to have a handbook for the TECEP. I flagged my St. Martin's Handbook (bought used on Amazon) so I could turn right to the sections and not waste time during the TECEP. Very helpful for the citation portions. And I still use it for the 2 courses I'm taking now that didn't have a test option. On the back of the handbook was this website: bedfordstmartins.com/smhandbook with free questions on citation formats - very helpful in between practicing the essays.

Hope this helps.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
Eng comp 2 is one test I am not looking forward to. Glad to know this Tecep was not a killer. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU English Career Path? renaissancewoman87 14 4,750 08-27-2018, 08:19 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,813 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,580 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,642 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,566 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,942 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,220 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Technical Writing will not replace Comp II at TESU allvia 9 2,113 04-26-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jsd
  BOG Students verbatim21 3 1,374 04-23-2018, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Johmford