Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC: Time to enroll?
TESC has completed my initial evaluation and started the second one (as an applicant I only get two evals). There are a couple of issues that need addressed and some delayed transcripts. Do I work through these issues before enrolling or can I address them after enrolling? Would prefer to enroll so I can start knocking out TECEPs, but do not want to be in a position of being told "to late now, you enrolled and we won't change X".

The program is the BSBA:CIS. From my research here and the TESC site, I believe my remaining requirements will be: Strategic Management, 2 UL CIS, Macro Econ, Managerial Accounting, and the residency requirement. For the UL CIS i'm planning to take DSST MIS and TECEP Networking, both of which should require minimal prep for me.

Eval issues:
1. My COSC transcript was delayed and should be received next week. I don't care about transferring Cornerstone (unless it will count as Eng Comp I, see issue 2), but Software Engineering should be UL CIS.

2. I have taken an advance Writing course at one school and English Comp II at another school. COSC and the CC consider the advanced Writing course as English Comp I, but TESC is seeing it as English Comp II and a duplicate, leaving the English Comp I required unfilled. A course description was requested, but not sure if I will be able to get it since the class is almost 20 years old and hasn't been offered for at least 17 years. Taking the TECEP is not a big deal, but I would rather learn something new then retake something.

3. It sounds like they received an incomplete copy of transcripts from one school. Possibly only page one, so they are missing my Stats, Finance, and Business Law classes.

4. They took a 4 credit programming class and included it as a business elective and used one of my CC classes as LL CIS elective and will not move the programming class because of the 12 UL requirement. Is this something that I can have advising move around later?

thanks

(Someday I will talk about why I walked away from COSC, but not today.)
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

I'm enrolled with TESC under the pay per credit plan. I have been able to re-negotiate my course evaluations almost a year after enrolling, so my advice for you would be to just enroll now.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
ajs1976 Wrote:2. I have taken an advance Writing course at one school and English Comp II at another school. COSC and the CC consider the advanced Writing course as English Comp I, but TESC is seeing it as English Comp II and a duplicate, leaving the English Comp I required unfilled. A course description was requested, but not sure if I will be able to get it since the class is almost 20 years old and hasn't been offered for at least 17 years. Taking the TECEP is not a big deal, but I would rather learn something new then retake something.

Two points about this issue.

I was able to get a copy of the original catalog from 1995 with the course descriptions. Unfortunately, the description is vague and open for interpretation and TESC is still considering it a duplicate. I feel like I'm being punished for pushing myself and taking an advanced class years ago. Oh well, the TECEP shouldn't be to hard and I need the residency credit anyway and it isn't worth fighting over.

Second point, they're watching us. Confusedeeya: No where in the exchange with the advisor did I mention how other schools had evaluated the class or that I was considering Eng Comp II TECEP but both points were mentioned in the response. That's a bit of a coincidence.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:That's a bit of a coincidence.

Not at all. They've been monitoring this forum for years now.

It has been mentioned quite often, by myself and others, to be careful what is said as this is a public forum. If you want to get into details use PM.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,647 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan --- less time & money Bach2Mast 8 3,236 07-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Bach2Mast
  TESU Says Son Can't Enroll & Pay Residency Waiver?! AquaDragonfly 4 1,602 06-30-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: AquaDragonfly
  TESU - How do you apply for the two degree at the same time?? allvia 3 1,365 06-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
Question Which TECEP exam to take with very little time to study? ELSADDIQ 6 2,455 04-03-2018, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Sparklette
  When should I enroll in TESU? camjenks 5 1,286 03-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Last Post: davewill
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,454 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Any point to an AA at the same time as a BA? KAnn 11 2,300 02-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  Enroll/Register at TESU: what is cheapest path to get started? sheagang6 6 2,187 02-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,199 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill