Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC, after a year of no activity my college credits have been deleted
TrailRunr Wrote:At least two people say the contrary, so something funny is going on. Your experience and my experience are clearly not matching with theirs. So this isn't settled.

There are about a dozen other people on this forum whose experiences match ours. But, if you want official information, the TESU website has nothing on a $75 annual fee for the Per Credit Tuition Plan. They can also be contacted by phone and email. You can lock in a catalog by applying, but you still have to enroll within 6 months or have your file deleted and be forced to reapply under whatever catalog is currently in place.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
TrailRunr Wrote:The cornerstone is a new graduation requirement that takes effect before July 1. So the July rule is dead.

It didn't work like that for me. That's why I think you're wrong or I'm doing something way wrong. The applicant flag did not change to enrolled until I actually enrolled. You have to do something more than to apply. Matriculation is not automatic upon application alone. So tell me how to do it beyond these two steps:

1) Apply for TESU.
2) Send transcripts to TESU
3) ?????

I originally applied in 2008. Became inactive. When I wanted to enroll recently I registered for a TECEP (Jan. of this year). My enrollment didn't change automatically (I kept checking after 10 days), so I ended up contacting the Bursar's office and Admissions. In the end I made a phone appointment with an advisor and he called someone while we were on the phone and voilà I was changed to an enrolled student, but it was weeks "late" and certainly wasn't automatic. My only thought was with all the changes going on at TESU I just fell through the crack.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
jayboy Wrote:So I'm finally ready to commit to my education and I went to sign on at my account at TESC but my grades/transfer hours are not there. I see where my transcripts came in but before it showed how many hours I had.

I forgot to add this previously.

I applied and was enrolled in August of 2013. I let my enrollment lapse, and then reapplied in June of 2015. When I logged into MyEdison, my courses from my 2013 eval populated back in, and I was able to see them on the new 2015 eval. I had even appealed a couple of courses that they first brought in as regular history courses, and were changed to fulfill the Diversity requirement (they were African-American history courses), and those stayed in the Diversity requirement the second time around.

So, I don't think they actively "purge" your info, I just think it is stored somewhere (with notes and everything), and then is able to be brought back to life once you reapply.

So yes, if you're no longer enrolled, you have to re-apply, but you don't have to send in previous transcripts, as they should still have them in your account. Once they send you an email saying that you're enrolled (or whatever we want to call it), you should be able to run a new eval and see your old courses, but in the current catalog.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
sanantone Wrote:The $75 is the application fee. You aren't enrolled until you register for a course, TECEP, or portfolio assessment under the Per Credit Tuition Plan (soon, TECEPs and portfolio assessments won't count); pay the enrollment fee under the Enrolled Options Plan (this is going away), or pay tuition or set up financial aid for the Comprehensive Tuition Plan. If you do not enroll in a tuition plan 6 months after application, then TESU will toss out your file and make you apply and send transcripts again. There is no $75 yearly fee. In order to stay enrolled, you either need to pay the yearly tuition under the Comprehensive plan, annual enrollment fee under the Enrolled Plan, or register for another course under the Per Credit plan. If you let your enrollment lapse, you will have to apply under any current policies they have. In other words, if you aren't already officially enrolled under the Per Credit Tuition Plan, you will have to reapply under the changes starting April 1st.

Is this spelled out by them somewhere other than individual notifications going out to students as you mention?

I was wrong about the application fee being annual, I thought it was, but was obviously mistaken. However I haven't seen anything "official" stating that my enrollment status is going to change if I don't have a PLA or take a TECEP or something. Also when you say "TECEPs and PLAs won't count", where are you getting that? We've been informed that they will not count towards residency, but what's that got to do with enrollment?

Honestly I'm not too worried about all this, but I am curious. I should be done easily within the 6mo window you mention, but I want to see where they spell this out themselves..
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,085 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,220 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,671 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,852 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,576 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,357 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,582 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,761 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,201 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning