Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC capstone
First, apologies for this question. I've gone without sleep for the past couple of nights, and I am NOT functioning so I won't successfully search this forum for answers. I applied to TESC and was accepted. I haven't paid the tuition, yet. Does that mean I'm covered by the previous catalog, or do I need to pay tuition? Thank you, and please forgive my laziness. Dead (wo)man walking. Well, crawling.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
LaterBloomer Wrote:First, apologies for this question. I've gone without sleep for the past couple of nights, and I am NOT functioning so I won't successfully search this forum for answers. I applied to TESC and was accepted. I haven't paid the tuition, yet. Does that mean I'm covered by the previous catalog, or do I need to pay tuition? Thank you, and please forgive my laziness. Dead (wo)man walking. Well, crawling.

I am sorry to hear that they seem more serious about requiring the capstone course.

At EC, to lock in an enrollment date (catalog and requirements), you have to pay the enrollment fee, which is the process after applying. I would imagine that TESC is similar.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP, I bet you're right. Oh, well. My credit card has a bit of wriggle room on it. Thanks for the input.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
I just called TESC and the advisor stated that since I was admitted in May I fell under the last catalog and that enrolling and paying tuition wasn't what got someone in on the present catalog but that simply applying and being accepted was. I always thought it was paying the tuition that locked it in. Now I'm a bit confused. Was anyone else adamently told it was enrollment and tuition payment only that locked in the present catalog?
BA double-major in Natural Science/Mathematics and Psychology-TESC-Graduate June 2013
AAS in Environmental Safety and Security Technologies-TESC-Graduate June 2013 :-)

East Central University- Ada, Oklahoma - 95 credits
Tests taken....
ECE- Abnormal Psych- A- 3 credits
ECE- Foundations of Gerontology- B - 3 credits
ECE- Psych of Adulthood & Aging- A - 3 credits
ECE- Research Methods in Psychology- B - 3 credits
ECE- Social Psychology- B- 3 credits
DSST- Fundamentals of Counseling- A- 3 credits
DSST- Substance Abuse- A- 3 credits
FEMA- passed- 1 credit
CLEP- Educational Psych- pass- 3 credits
Global Environmental Change course-TESC- A- 6 credits
Yes. I can also confirm that they told me just being accepted and paying the $75 fee locks you in for the course calendar.
Because different advisors give different answers, I called and spoke to a second one to verify. As long as we applied to TESC AND were accepted we fall under the current catalog and follow the evaluation we were given bfore the catalog change. She said we are locked in 6 months from date of acceptance, no need to hurry and enroll. I hate when different people are told different things
BA double-major in Natural Science/Mathematics and Psychology-TESC-Graduate June 2013
AAS in Environmental Safety and Security Technologies-TESC-Graduate June 2013 :-)

Tests taken....
FEMA- passed- 1 credit
well, I guess I didn't really have to hurry and enroll last night--but at least I'm not sitting here worrying that they won't get me fully processed in time to be grandfathered into the 2011-2012 catalog, either!
Stitching Belle, Peace of mind and not havin to worry about which advisor gives the right answer goes a long ways and ur just that much closer to ur goal now!! Smile

Tests taken....
FEMA- passed- 1 credit
Lioness088 Wrote:Stitching Belle, Peace of mind and not havin to worry about which advisor gives the right answer goes a long ways and ur just that much closer to ur goal now!! Smile

Exactly. And I'm really happy that something forced me to get moving before something major changed and I ended up miles away from my degree! Guess I'll spend this weekend looking over the FEMA offerings.
For a confirmation I would have called admissions or the registrar, not advising. I was also told you must pay the enrollment fee (comprehensive or enrolled tuition) to be locked into a current catalog year. And that the $75 application fee, applying to be admitted as a student, was good for 6 months (pg 169). Policy may have changed but better safe than sorry.

Keep in mind that if you change degree program the requirements also change to current catalog year. A few members learned this fact the hard way so be careful.

I have never understood why prospective students do not take time to research the school policy & procedures (catalog).

http://www.tesc.edu/documents/College_Ca...1-2012.pdf
Admission Application FeeThis nonrefundable fee and a completed application establish the applicant’s file. The Application Fee extends for six months from the date of application. Applicants who do not enroll during this period of eligibility will have to reapply to the College before enrolling. The Application Fee is waived for Thomas Edison State College alumni. (pg 177).

Enrollment (pg 175)

Students are considered enrolled when they pay the
Comprehensive Tuition Plan or the Enrolled Options Plan
and Technology Services Fee. A student’s enrollment date
is defined as the date the bursar receives the Annual
Enrollment Tuition or Comprehensive Tuition. This
tuition covers a period of one year of service.
Catalog Currency (pg 176)
Students must use the Thomas Edison State College Catalog
that is in effect on the date of enrollment to determine
graduation requirements. However, if students
change their degree program or allow their enrollment to
lapse; necessary graduation requirements will be required as
listed in the Catalog in effect at the time the official change
or re-enrollment is recorded in the Office of the Registrar.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,098 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,298 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,732 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,669 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,626 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,969 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Capstone TESU d.cononge 16 4,802 06-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JayUsher
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,534 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  URGENT HELP NEEDED! Survey on Online Digital Learning due by 23 June for Capstone! Nightmoves5 6 1,793 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: fork
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone omuneek 8 2,621 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: davewill