Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC capstone
Crap, so all I paid for was the evaluation which was $75 two weeks ago...

Edit: I see all the new posts flowing in didn't refresh my page. So I should be good than? I applied two weeks ago and was accepted and just paid the academic evaluation which was $75. I'm taking the remaining 15 credits as we speak at a local college before I transfer them in... Phew, I made it in the time frame before the capstone rule.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
It seems to still be a bit of confusion. An admitted student is not the same as an enrolled student. Why don't you call the admissions department on Monday morning to confirm the current enrollment policy.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:http://www.tesc.edu/documents/College_Ca...1-2012.pdf
Admission Application FeeThis nonrefundable fee and a completed application establish the applicant’s file. The Application Fee extends for six months from the date of application. Applicants who do not enroll during this period of eligibility will have to reapply to the College before enrolling. The Application Fee is waived for Thomas Edison State College alumni. (pg 177).

Enrollment (pg 175)

Students are considered enrolled when they pay the
Comprehensive Tuition Plan or the Enrolled Options Plan
and Technology Services Fee. A student’s enrollment date
is defined as the date the bursar receives the Annual
Enrollment Tuition or Comprehensive Tuition. This
tuition covers a period of one year of service.
Catalog Currency (pg 176)
Students must use the Thomas Edison State College Catalog
that is in effect on the date of enrollment to determine
graduation requirements. However, if students
change their degree program or allow their enrollment to
lapse; necessary graduation requirements will be required as
listed in the Catalog in effect at the time the official change
or re-enrollment is recorded in the Office of the Registrar.

I've always understood there to be a difference between ADMITTED and ENROLLED, which is why I ponied up my $3k. I even called TESC on Friday to make sure that having paid via the website on Thursday night I was considered enrolled--I didn't want to find out that they needed 'processing time', or that I wasn't considered 'paid' until they finished processing the credit card transaction (still listed as pending on my account). The voice on the other end of the phone said that I am indeed dutifully enrolled, and this morning I tried to log into My Edison and was successful, so I guess I am actually enrolled!

I had missed the sentence about changing degree plans, but I remember that being the policy at Ole Miss back when dirt was new, dinosaurs roamed the earth, and I was a full-time undergraduate on the 'daddy-ride', so it wouldn't have been a surprise to me. But I have no intentions of changing my degree program at this point--I just want to finish.
I just wonder if paying the enrollment fee on a saturday before July 1, even though the offices are closed, would count as before the catalog change. Any thoughts on that?
BA double-major in Natural Science/Mathematics and Psychology-TESC-Graduate June 2013
AAS in Environmental Safety and Security Technologies-TESC-Graduate June 2013 :-)

East Central University- Ada, Oklahoma - 95 credits
Tests taken....
ECE- Abnormal Psych- A- 3 credits
ECE- Foundations of Gerontology- B - 3 credits
ECE- Psych of Adulthood & Aging- A - 3 credits
ECE- Research Methods in Psychology- B - 3 credits
ECE- Social Psychology- B- 3 credits
DSST- Fundamentals of Counseling- A- 3 credits
DSST- Substance Abuse- A- 3 credits
FEMA- passed- 1 credit
CLEP- Educational Psych- pass- 3 credits
Global Environmental Change course-TESC- A- 6 credits
Lioness088 Wrote:I just wonder if paying the enrollment fee on a saturday before July 1, even though the offices are closed, would count as before the catalog change. Any thoughts on that?

I don't know...but I would certainly try!

Of course, it's entirely possible that when we see the new catalog nothing will have actually changed.
This information is not good to hear. Sad - I was going to go with TESC and pay more money because they did not have a capstone. Now that they do, I might go with Excelsior and save some dough...

CRUD, I have to rewrite my degree plan.
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
Will a capstone requirement have any affect on business majors? I know they already have a business policy capstone exam. Would that suffice should a capstne be required?
Thomas Edison State College: Baccalaureate Level Capstone Course Requirements

I found a little information on the TESC website. Sad
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
jmichelle79 Wrote:Thomas Edison State College: Baccalaureate Level Capstone Course Requirements

I found a little information on the TESC website. Sad

The BS in Human Services has always had extra requirements. If they require a capstone for all of the BA programs, I doubt they would have the same experience requirements as the human services program.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Well it looks like it happened...

They added the Capstone to the required courses for my major:
Thomas Edison State College: Communications

I'm enrolled though, so I'm not taking it. It's on the Liberal Studies and other BA's too. I guess that takes the Liberal Studies BA (and others) off the list of degrees you can test out of completely.

I don't see the 2012-2013 catalog on the site yet so I'd be interested to see what else (if anything) has changed.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,127 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,328 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,750 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,674 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,643 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,988 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Capstone TESU d.cononge 16 4,823 06-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JayUsher
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,551 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  URGENT HELP NEEDED! Survey on Online Digital Learning due by 23 June for Capstone! Nightmoves5 6 1,798 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: fork
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone omuneek 8 2,625 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: davewill