Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC capstone
Crap. History degree requires a Liberal Arts Capstone now....
Lyanne

DSST (27)
Personal Finance - 448 Astronomy - 61 Civil War and Reconstruction - 68 History of Vietnam War - 68 Substance Abuse - 59 World Religions - 473 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - 55 Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet -61 Intro to Modern Middle East - 58
CLEP (48)
American Literature-73 American Government-62 U.S. History I - 64 U.S. History II -73 A&I Literature - 75 Western Civ I - 58 Western Civ II - 61 English Literature - 67 Humanities -76 Intro Sociology - 62 Social Sciences & History - 69
Other (43)
English Composition, Literature & Composition, Art Appreciation, General Psychology, Intro to Anthropology, Abnormal Psychology, Travel Agency Operations, Advanced Hospitality (7 credits), Intro Computer Software, Digital Photography, War and American Society, TESC Capstone
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

**Not official, but BA History at Thomas Edison State College!!!!!!*
Seems every degree needs it now...I've looked at many so far, I guess the degreeforum predictions were right.
Goal - BA Mathematics Major at TESC
Plan: International AP Calculus Teacher

COMPLETED: [B]123/B]
B&M (Philosophy, Psychology, Calculus I/II, Physics I/II, Discrete Structures I/II, Comp Sci, Astronomy, Ethics)*42 credits
Athabasca (Nutrition, Globalization)*6 credits
ALEKS (Stats, Precalculus)*6 credits
CLEPS (College Math 73, A&I Lit 73, French 63, Social Sciences and History 59, American Lit 57, English Lit 59)*42 credits
TECEP (English Composition I, II)*6 credits
TESC Courses (MAT 270 Discrete Math A, MAT 321 Linear Algebra B, MAT 331 Calculus III B+, MAT 332 Calculus IV B-,
MAT 361 College Geometry B+, MAT 401 Mathematical Logic B, LIB-495 Capstone B)*21 credits
DSST (MIS, Intro to Computing)*6 credits*(not using)
It doesn't appear that the BSBA has changed: Thomas Edison State College: General Management

The same wording is used here as before July 1st and prior to that date one could take the TECEP for Business Policy or transfer in Penn Foster's course Strategic Business Management to satisfy this "capstone" requirement. I see nothing indicating that has changed. Methinks I'll be signing up by the end of the year so I don't get caught by next July's potential changes...

Pity about the history degree change, but since I already have mine maybe it'll help increase its value. Eh, who knows?
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
So it looks like

Requires 3 sh Capstone
• BA, every major
• BS, Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness or Learner Designed Area of Study
• BS, Organizational Leadership

Requires 3 sh Capstone, which as per IrishJohn above can be the Business Policy TECEP, or other acceptable transferred course
• BS in Business Administration, every major

No Capstone required, if the website is current, and as far as I can tell
• BS in Applied Science and Technology, every major
• AA, generic; AAS, every major; AS in Applied Science and Technology, every major; AS in Business Administration, generic; AS in Natural Sciences and Mathematics, every major

Requires 6 sh Capstone, with practicum
• BS in Human Services, every major

Requires 3 sh Capstone, with practicum
• AA in Human Services, every major
I'm glad I went ahead and enrolled on June 28!
I'm not sure about Organizational Leadership, but the only major change was made to the BA programs. The Learner Designed Area of Study, Human Services, and Homeland Security programs already required capstones. The Applied Science and Technology bachelors programs already required "Current Trends and Applications." I don't know if that ever could be transferred in or if the course even exists anywhere else.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
jmichelle79 Wrote:This information is not good to hear. Sad - I was going to go with TESC and pay more money because they did not have a capstone. Now that they do, I might go with Excelsior and save some dough...

CRUD, I have to rewrite my degree plan.

Hmmm, this has the makings of a blessing in disguise. Maybe I'll revisit the other 2 members of the Big 3 and see if I can save some money!
Lyanne

DSST (27)
Personal Finance - 448 Astronomy - 61 Civil War and Reconstruction - 68 History of Vietnam War - 68 Substance Abuse - 59 World Religions - 473 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - 55 Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet -61 Intro to Modern Middle East - 58
CLEP (48)
American Literature-73 American Government-62 U.S. History I - 64 U.S. History II -73 A&I Literature - 75 Western Civ I - 58 Western Civ II - 61 English Literature - 67 Humanities -76 Intro Sociology - 62 Social Sciences & History - 69
Other (43)
English Composition, Literature & Composition, Art Appreciation, General Psychology, Intro to Anthropology, Abnormal Psychology, Travel Agency Operations, Advanced Hospitality (7 credits), Intro Computer Software, Digital Photography, War and American Society, TESC Capstone
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

**Not official, but BA History at Thomas Edison State College!!!!!!*
Since I did my academic evaluation a few weeks ago for $75, I refreshed the page and also picked other majors and nothing is showing up for a capstone. I am specifically going by what the evaluation and an adviser has told me over the phone a few weeks ago, "Just finish those last 15 credits and you'll be done" is what I'm doing.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
So theres no catalog out yet huh?

I'm curious to see what other changes they made.
I tried warning the forum about the coming change a few months back. I know, I'm not an official source of TESC information, but when I heard this rumor I prepared for the worst and hoped for the best. I saved money, sold my old iPhone, PS3 games and movies on ebay, I basically did a spring cleaning of my apartment and made about $1300, then I used that and some savings to pay the enrollment fee a few weeks back.

I know this capstone is a bump in the road but don't let it steer you away from your goal, continue to drive on.

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-arts.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,025 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,207 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,679 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,655 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,590 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,904 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Capstone TESU d.cononge 16 4,772 06-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JayUsher
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,495 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  URGENT HELP NEEDED! Survey on Online Digital Learning due by 23 June for Capstone! Nightmoves5 6 1,779 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: fork
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone omuneek 8 2,597 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: davewill