Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC credit distribution question
I would like to get a BS degree from TESC. I know I need to apply & get an unofficial eval of my transcripts, but until then, would any of you be willing to give me your advice & thoughts? I know that I've seen people post "you get what you pay for", and I understand that Wink

TIA!!

First let me say that TESC shouldn't have a problem with my credits, they were all received at a private B&M school that is regionally accredited.

Here is what I am wondering: If the Credit Distribution chart says:
Quote:Note: Students are also required to take BIOLOGY and ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY

Does that mean I *have* to take a separate biology class? Or could I use a few of my other bio credits (such as BIO141 & BIO142 Human Anat & Phys I&II) to cover both requirements?

Also, does every BS require an economics class, or could I use "Introduction to Business" credits I have to cover that?

Will anthropology fit anywhere like in the Social Science requirement? Or Natural sciences? Or should I not look that far into it?

Again, TIA!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
And another question. Does anyone have a suggestion for the
Quote:Social Planning (covers such areas as social policy, planning and administration)
? Would FEMA credits cover that at all?

And just thought of this, will the Uexcel Political Science fit in any of the degree categories? I think I have plenty of free electives, so am wondering if I need to take it at all??
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
When I was filling out my application I discovered that you need to be working/volunteering in a Social Services position to get the degree. I do some volunteer work which I am hoping they'll accept Wink
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Well, I sent my resume, transcripts etc yesterday.

Anyone want to take a shot at my questions? hilarious
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Mamasaphire Wrote:Well, I sent my resume, transcripts etc yesterday.

Anyone want to take a shot at my questions? hilarious
>>

Sorry, I earned a BA not a BS, so I'm hesitant to make any suggestions.
Ahhh... well, thank you for reading my posts!!! After I get the unofficial results back I'll share what I've learned. Do you know how long it takes after I apply & they get the transcripts before I hear back, or do I need to contact them?
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Mamasaphire Wrote:Does that mean I *have* to take a separate biology class? Or could I use a few of my other bio credits (such as BIO141 & BIO142 Human Anat & Phys I&II) to cover both requirements?

Also, does every BS require an economics class, or could I use "Introduction to Business" credits I have to cover that?

Will anthropology fit anywhere like in the Social Science requirement? Or Natural sciences? Or should I not look that far into it?

Again, TIA!

This is just my "uninformed" opinion, being an EC student who's researched TESC and COSC.

You should ask an advisor about the BIO stuff, but I think your existing credits might do it.

Business and related majors require economics classes. Intro to Business is a Business Admin overview class and will not cover that requirement.

My guess is anthropology will fill a social sciences requirement, but you should ask.
Ok thanks!! so I do that after I enroll, or at the time of my unofficial eval?
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

I am a TESC student who wanted to go for a BS, but none of the comcentrations fit me. I am now going for a BA in natural sciences/Mathmatics. It is hard to answer your questions without knowing what area you want the BS in.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
It would be a BSHS = BS in Human Services.

I got an email back that they received my resume and accepted me for that course of study (apparently the Human Services degree programs are harder to get into b/c of the practicums). Now, I don't plan to enroll right away, but it's still exciting, lol!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,360 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,390 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,041 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,618 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,798 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,956 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,637 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999