Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC evaluation INCLUDING the new upcoming changes....Are there any classes that ??
So if I wait to enroll after July 1st... these are the classes I will need to do that I have not planned........... Are there any outside courses to fulfill these??

Intellectual and Practical Skills (Not Started)
_____________________________________________________________________ 3 credits

B: Responsibility (Not Started)
> Complete 9 semester hours (SH) in Personal and Social
> Responsibility coursework to include:
> *Diversity or Global Literacy, 3SH
> *Responsible Ethical Leadership, 3SH
> *Elective, 3SH
Semester Hours Completed: 0.00
Group 1 (Not Started)
Group 2 (Not Started)
Group 3 (Not Started)
Started Dec 2012 ~ BSBA Human Resource and Org Management TESC

YAY!!!! OCT 24th = DONE!!!!!!

Straighterline Courses: American History I 83%, American History II 79% Accounting I 81%, Accounting II 83%, Macro 77 %, Micro 84%,World Religions 83%, Business Law 74%, Business Ethics 78%, Organizational Behavior 78%, Intro to business 85%, Business Communications 86%
Clep: Principles of management 64, Intro to marketing 53,
DSST: Bus in Society 442 / Principles of Supervison 453 / Money and Banking 55
Penn Foster: HR management 96%, Compensation Management 88%, Emp Benefits 89%, training concepts 96%, Strategic Management 90%, Principles of Finance 82%
ALEKS: Intro To Statistics 72%, Pre-Calc 70%
TESC : Org Theory DONE~ 89%
TEEX Cybersecurity for everyone ~ Business Elective ~ 85%
Can219 Wrote:So if I wait to enroll after July 1st... these are the classes I will need to do that I have not planned........... Are there any outside courses to fulfill these??

Intellectual and Practical Skills (Not Started)

B: Responsibility (Not Started)
> Complete 9 semester hours (SH) in Personal and Social
> Responsibility coursework to include:
> *Diversity or Global Literacy, 3SH
> *Responsible Ethical Leadership, 3SH
> *Elective, 3SH
Semester Hours Completed: 0.00
Group 1 (Not Started)
Group 2 (Not Started)
Group 3 (Not Started)

I'd say the only way to make sure is to plan it out with an advisor, but then again you need to be enrolled to do that. As far as the best guess goes on these you can start with the descriptions given at Thomas Edison State College: General Education Electives which would indicate courses that are guaranteed to fit would include:
Living in the Information Age (SOS-110) for one of the two slots in Intellectual and Practical Skills

and for the other three group responsibility area:

SOC-322 Cultural Diversity
COM-335 Intercultural Communication
PHI-384 Ethics and the Business Professional

Obviously there will be others but these are the courses TESC puts out there to fit their example situation.

Speaking about transferability, you'd have to find courses that match or others that fit and this is going to be a challenge since nobody has completed the new requirements yet. I don't think it will be overly difficult for you to do but at the same time information for these new courses is just slowly starting to go public so you are in a difficult position until either time passes and others get the information you need or you go ahead and enroll to utilize their advisors to plan the rest of the degree out. Whatever you do find out will be of great benefit to other prospective students so I hope you find what you are looking for and share it with the rest of the forum.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
Many thanks to DSH2007 for finding and post this link!

General Education Courses
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Do you want to take courses through TESC to fulfill the requirements, or are you looking for CBE or inexpensive transfer options?

For Intellectual and Practical Skills, I'd try to get DSST Personal Finance approved. Living in the Info Age is a great course option for GPA if you're good with taking courses through TESC. If you can't or do not want to buy a 3-credit course... On a similar note, you were missing a partial credit in CIS Gen Ed. If they will not approve a pass for that missing 0.32, Penn Foster has an approved Computer Applications course that appeared quick and cheap. This may duplicate Living in the Info Age given the description on ACE, so if looking at both, get a definite answer from both Advising and Registrar before wasting money and time.

For Personal and Social Responsibility section...maybe Race to Save the Planet DSST, Ethics in America DSST, and Lifespan Dev Psychology DSST?
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
NAP Wrote:Many thanks to DSH2007 for finding and post this link!

General Education Courses

This link gives many options to fulfill the requirements. This is really the only link you need. Of course, there is no guarantee that a CBE of the same title will be acceptable, but this link takes out much of the guess work. For example, Intro to Sociology is acceptable as a Personal & Social Responsibility course. We all know there is a CLEP for Intro to Sociology.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thanks for the information.... I now feel confident that a majority if not all of these can be completed outside of TESC. I do plan to take one TESC class for the GPA but heard the ( communications class was best to take threre) Hoping I can do all others outside of TESC... We'll see...
Started Dec 2012 ~ BSBA Human Resource and Org Management TESC

YAY!!!! OCT 24th = DONE!!!!!!

Straighterline Courses: American History I 83%, American History II 79% Accounting I 81%, Accounting II 83%, Macro 77 %, Micro 84%,World Religions 83%, Business Law 74%, Business Ethics 78%, Organizational Behavior 78%, Intro to business 85%, Business Communications 86%
Clep: Principles of management 64, Intro to marketing 53,
DSST: Bus in Society 442 / Principles of Supervison 453 / Money and Banking 55
Penn Foster: HR management 96%, Compensation Management 88%, Emp Benefits 89%, training concepts 96%, Strategic Management 90%, Principles of Finance 82%
ALEKS: Intro To Statistics 72%, Pre-Calc 70%
TESC : Org Theory DONE~ 89%
TEEX Cybersecurity for everyone ~ Business Elective ~ 85%
One class is not enough to get a GPA that anyone will care about. If you can test out of the entire there is no point in paying for one class.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies badooble 42 14,602 09-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,634 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU BALS Evaluation updated with AA completion? triforce828 10 2,533 06-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  TESU: Same Course - Different Evaluation Excellente 9 1,827 05-31-2018, 05:07 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Potomac? anyone take classes there frank.f.franky 3 1,689 05-24-2018, 01:06 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Where do they Fall? Classes BSBRose21 1 1,107 05-21-2018, 08:52 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  COSC gen ed classes, from SL or credit by testing pluggingalong 10 2,615 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: randomatom
  Transfer Credit Evaluation BSBRose21 1 1,172 05-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Johmford
Thumbs Down Excelsior College Evaluation cegbule 4 1,418 03-27-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: cegbule
  help with my Charter Oak evaluation mdel210201 17 4,073 03-26-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito