Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC limit to 2 TECEP a month?
I am rushing to get my last 8 Psych courses completed before the April 1 cut off for the June 1 graduation. I had big plans to CLEP HG&D and Ed Psych and then to TECEP the rest of the courses. I have been emailing back and forth with the advising office and laid out a detailed TECEP schedule which clearly showed 4 in Feb and 4 in March. I was trying to get confirmation that the tests would be graded and recorded in time for the April 1 cut off. (I read several posts here that TESC does not always grade as quickly as we would like). This morning I received an email from the Testing Dept advising that I can only take 2 tests a month. Unless I am blind, I did not see that on their web site. I am going to try to very nicely ask for a small exception. I have my Proctor all lined up, the forms submitted to the Testing office and am ready to schedule my test dates. Has anyone else run into this?

That all said.................I suppose I could TECEP the 2 per month in Feb and early March and look around for other test out options at other schools and have the credits transfered. Any other suggestions?

Thanks. This board is soooo wildly helpful - everyday I find new info from current and past posts!
I think whoever told you that was mistaken. I am signed up for 6 TECEPs over a 3 week (scheduled date) period, and have very carefully planned out the dates of actually taking each test to take advantage of the '1 week before/2 weeks after scheduled date' allowance. I know that the limitation is 2 per date, but it can't be 2 per month, based on the dates I've ordered and received the tests. I ordered 2 for 1/19/09, took one of them on 1/13 and the other today, 1/20. I also ordered 2 for 1/26/09, and both of them arrived at my proctor site today. The 2 I ordered for 2/01/09 should show up at my proctor site next week. So, even discounting the 2 ordered for 2/01, the 4 ordered for Jan. dates have arrived as scheduled, for a total of 4 tests scheduled in one month.

Now, that being said - I never asked if I could take that many tests in a short time. I just filled out the online form 3 times and paid them the exorbitant fee. Since they processed my CC payments and have sent the tests as ordered, I'm assuming that once they've got the money, there's no limitation on the number of tests per month, just the number that can be ordered per date.
[SIZE="1"]
TESC, BA Psychology (Done, Graduation June 2009)
TESC, BSBA/Gen Mgmt. (In Progress)

CLEP: Freshman Col Comp 77| Info Systems & Apps 74| Intro to Psych 79| A. & I. Literature 79| Principles of Marketing 76| Human Growth & Dev. 74| Intro to Ed. Psych 74| Biology 74| Sociology 77| Natural Sciences 69| English Comp w/ Essay 59| Macroeconomics 70| Microeconomics 69
DSST: Mgmt. Info Systems 466| Environment & Humanity 71| Organizational Behavior 73| Astronomy 72| Technical Writing 65| General Anthropology 73| Human/Cultural Geography 70| Physical Geology 58| Fundamentals of Counseling 74| Ethics in America 467
ALEKS: Business Statistics| Intro to Statistics| Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
TECEP: Behavior Mod. Techniques| Psych of Personality| Experimental Psych| Social Psych| Psych of Women | Abnormal Psych
12 Asstd. FEMAs

Current/Up Next:
DSSTs Substance Abuse, Prin. of Supervision & Human Res. Mgmt.
ALEKS PreCalculus
[/SIZE]
Thanks for the info. I was thinking the same thing about just signing up. I do not always get the most accurate info from TESC so I will go along with the 2 a day not 2 a month, which makes much more sense. I was somewhat frantically making a Plan B for taking some accellerated courses through another school and then transfering them etc but that sounded like a hassle and a half.
Thank goodness for this board and the dedicated degree seekers that keep us all from losing our minds (most of the time)
Joanne

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,794 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,024 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,192 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,841 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,794 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,641 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,745 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,261 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,922 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,554 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew