Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC question
Hello all! I was reading on the TESC website about transfer credits. Their website states, "If you studied at a regionally accredited community college, you may transfer up to 80 credits. If you studied at a regionally accredited four-year institution, you may transfer up to 120 credits. If you have studied at more than one institution, we can accept your credits, provided the institutions are regionally accredited." I have an AA and an AAS from a B&M school. I followed their rules: they will award a degree if you complete 25% of your credits with them. That's what I did and I tested out of the rest. I have around 30 CLEP and DSST tests. My question here is that I am considering one of TESC's bachelor programs and would like to know that my few B&M credits along with my current and future tests will be accepted under their transfer policy. Thank you for your input!
humenber Wrote:Hello all! I was reading on the TESC website about transfer credits. Their website states, "If you studied at a regionally accredited community college, you may transfer up to 80 credits. If you studied at a regionally accredited four-year institution, you may transfer up to 120 credits. If you have studied at more than one institution, we can accept your credits, provided the institutions are regionally accredited." I have an AA and an AAS from a B&M school. I followed their rules: they will award a degree if you complete 25% of your credits with them. That's what I did and I tested out of the rest. I have around 30 CLEP and DSST tests. My question here is that I am considering one of TESC's bachelor programs and would like to know that my few B&M credits along with my current and future tests will be accepted under their transfer policy. Thank you for your input!

Yes. Your transcripts will all be evaluated credit by credit. The good news, your CLEP credit will NOT be considered community college credit, thus not part of the 80! Your AAS credit will likely end up filling and over-flowing free electives (27 credits) and the gen eds from both combined will be plugged into your new degree plan. Without seeing your transcript, knowing what was double dipped, or knowing exactly which degree you're seeking, I'm going to guess it will fall out something like this:
27 free electives (done w/ about 18-30 over)
60 gen ed credits (done w/ about 0-15 over)
33 in-major (probably all remain)
Here is a breakdown of my credits:
B&M--College Algebra (A), Statistics (B), Intro to Humanities (A), Earth Science (A), Health and Wellness (A) and Supervisory Terminology (A)
CLEP--Biology, Humanities, Western Civ I and II, Principles of Management, American Government, Intro to Sociology, Intro to Psychology, American Literature, Intro to Marketing, Business Law, and College Comp I and II
DSST--Technical Writing, Ethics in America, Business Ethics and Society, Business Law II, Intro to Business, Environment and Humanity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Intro to Computers, Management Information Systems, Personal Finance, Human and Cultural Geography, Intro to Law Enforcement, and Organizational Behavior

If I continue to test (ECE, TECEP and Straighterline) will these credits be accepted at TESC? Thank you!
What is B&M?
AZDan Wrote:What is B&M?

Brick & Mortar, a traditional school.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
humenber Wrote:If I continue to test (ECE, TECEP and Straighterline) will these credits be accepted at TESC? Thank you!

Yees, you can continue to take tests and they will be accepted, but do you have your degree plan mapped out so that you avoid taking classes that will not apply?
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
humenber Wrote:Here is a breakdown of my credits:
B&M--College Algebra (A), Statistics (B), Intro to Humanities (A), Earth Science (A), Health and Wellness (A) and Supervisory Terminology (A)
CLEP--Biology, Humanities, Western Civ I and II, Principles of Management, American Government, Intro to Sociology, Intro to Psychology, American Literature, Intro to Marketing, Business Law, and College Comp I and II
DSST--Technical Writing, Ethics in America, Business Ethics and Society, Business Law II, Intro to Business, Environment and Humanity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Intro to Computers, Management Information Systems, Personal Finance, Human and Cultural Geography, Intro to Law Enforcement, and Organizational Behavior

If I continue to test (ECE, TECEP and Straighterline) will these credits be accepted at TESC? Thank you!

Two pieces are missing- what courses made up your AAS, and what degree do you want to pursue? You only have to tell me business or not business
My AAS is Industrial Management. I don't know what it really is, but by taking the Supervisory Terminology, along with all my tests, I had enough credits for the degree. I am interested in doing the General Management bachelor program. I appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,463 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,666 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,741 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,990 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,993 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,818 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,641 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 2,030 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,979 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium