Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU
McGraw-Hill
Big Grin Hi All hope you are well.

I have enrolled in TESU BS Degree in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
https://www.tesu.edu/watson/bs/homeland-security

This degree has a Quantitative Literacy - I took Alecks  recently ALEK-0003, the College Algebra   and passed! I'm trying to get it in before July 30th to TESU so it counts.
The real question on the degree there is a spot for -E. Mathematics,  Does straighter line Statistics cover this requirement?
https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

There is Business Statistics - MAT150 Which is the cheaper option at 59 dollar by McGraw-Hill
There is Introduction to Statistics - MAT202 - Which is 74 dollars by Acrobatiq

Thanks for the help!
-ro.
First, you don't have to get it into TESU by the 7/31 date, just pass the course by that date. If you do, make sure you put it on your ACE transcript, and you're fine.

Second, yes, any of the Stats courses will work - as well as the Precalc course - from ALEKS. You could do one from SL if you want. There are lots of options, including the College Math CLEP (free if you do the ModernStates/CLEP option), the Applied Math TECEP at TESU (keeps your enrollment going another year), a DSST math exam, or Study.com has some easy ones.

Third, I'm not sure if you know, but that degree is not able to be tested out of via our methods here. You would have to take at least 3 courses from TESU at $1500 each (Counterterrorism, Protecting the Homeland, and the Capstone), in addition to the other credits that are going to be more expensive than the norm (at least on this forum). We usually stick to $100/course or less stuff, you would need 1 course from Propero $330, 1 from PF $329, and 1 from CSU-Global $250.

If you still want the degree, obviously you can get it, but just know that it's not going to be cheap like the other things we talk about on this forum.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • rckola911
(06-20-2018, 06:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, you don't have to get it into TESU by the 7/31 date, just pass the course by that date.  If you do, make sure you put it on your ACE transcript, and you're fine.

Second, yes, any of the Stats courses will work - as well as the Precalc course - from ALEKS.  You could do one from SL if you want.  There are lots of options, including the College Math CLEP (free if you do the ModernStates/CLEP option), the Applied Math TECEP at TESU (keeps your enrollment going another year), a DSST math exam, or Study.com has some easy ones.

Third, I'm not sure if you know, but that degree is not able to be tested out of via our methods here.  You would have to take at least 3 courses from TESU at $1500 each (Counterterrorism, Protecting the Homeland, and the Capstone), in addition to the other credits that are going to be more expensive than the norm (at least on this forum).  We usually stick to $100/course or less stuff, you would need 1 course from Propero $330, 1 from PF $329, and 1 from CSU-Global $250.

If you still want the degree, obviously you can get it, but just know that it's not going to be cheap like the other things we talk about on this forum.
Great thanks so much for the info! Yes sadly this degree cant be tested out like the others.  My work has agreed to pay the tuition for what i do need.  I am doing the side things just to accelerate it.  Im glad to hear i dont need to get the math to TESU since Ace already has it. Also thanks for the info on Stats, i prefer Straighterline due to the format.   Angel
(06-20-2018, 06:44 PM)rckola911 Wrote: Great thanks so much for the info! Yes sadly this degree cant be tested out like the others.  My work has agreed to pay the tuition for what i do need.  I am doing the side things just to accelerate it.  Im glad to hear i dont need to get the math to TESU since Ace already has it. Also thanks for the info on Stats, i prefer Straighterline due to the format.   Angel

I took Stats through Study.com and thought it wasn't bad.  Better than SL (I tried it for a short time).

Do you HAVE to take Stats for the degree?  I don't see where it's required.  If you don't, I would certainly take something easier.  Why take something hard if you don't have to?!?
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-20-2018, 06:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, you don't have to get it into TESU by the 7/31 date, just pass the course by that date. If you do, make sure you put it on your ACE transcript, and you're fine.

Second, yes, any of the Stats courses will work - as well as the Precalc course - from ALEKS. You could do one from SL if you want. There are lots of options, including the College Math CLEP (free if you do the ModernStates/CLEP option), the Applied Math TECEP at TESU (keeps your enrollment going another year), a DSST math exam, or Study.com has some easy ones.

Third, I'm not sure if you know, but that degree is not able to be tested out of via our methods here. You would have to take at least 3 courses from TESU at $1500 each (Counterterrorism, Protecting the Homeland, and the Capstone), in addition to the other credits that are going to be more expensive than the norm (at least on this forum). We usually stick to $100/course or less stuff, you would need 1 course from Propero $330, 1 from PF $329, and 1 from CSU-Global $250.

I saw some propero/ Pearson courses were not renewed in ACE. Always double check!
(06-20-2018, 09:18 PM)jjsafari Wrote: I saw some propero/ Pearson courses were not renewed in ACE. Always double check!

True! I saw that some got a short extension, and haven't checked since then.  So Intro to HLS expired, and you'd have to take that at TESU too.
(06-20-2018, 07:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 06:44 PM)rckola911 Wrote: Yes i seem to be much better at statistics, so id rather take that for the mathematics portion.

Great thanks so much for the info! Yes sadly this degree cant be tested out like the others.  My work has agreed to pay the tuition for what i do need.  I am doing the side things just to accelerate it.  Im glad to hear i dont need to get the math to TESU since Ace already has it. Also thanks for the info on Stats, i prefer Straighterline due to the format.   Angel

I took Stats through Study.com and thought it wasn't bad.  Better than SL (I tried it for a short time).

Do you HAVE to take Stats for the degree?  I don't see where it's required.  If you don't, I would certainly take something easier.  Why take something hard if you don't have to?!?

dfrecore
(06-20-2018, 09:18 PM)jjsafari Wrote: I saw some propero/ Pearson courses were not renewed in ACE. Always double check!

True! I saw that some got a short extension, and haven't checked since then.  So Intro to HLS expired, and you'd have to take that at TESU too.

*Cool thanks for the info folks!~
Don't take the Introduction to Statistics at StraighterLine, I hated it and ended up with a 65%. The one I have been recommending is the Business Statistics course which I got an 85% in. In all, it was Cheaper/Easier/Faster - Better too as it uses more Algebra vs Calculus based calculations!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-22-2018, 01:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Don't take the Introduction to Statistics at StraighterLine, I hated it and ended up with a 65%.  The one I have been recommending is the Business Statistics course which I got an 85% in.  In all, it was Cheaper/Easier/Faster - Better too as it uses more Algebra vs Calculus based calculations!

I second the SL Business Statistics.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,127 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,665 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,743 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,360 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,605 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,393 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,869 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore