Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU 16 credit term and one credit policy
Changed my degree plan to do five classes in a three month term (suffering) and a one credit epack to reach residency requirements. TESU requires that you need to bring in an additional two credits if you take a one credit class. Do I have to complete two other one credit classes before I start this term? My degree plan already has every slot filled.
There aren't any 1-credit e-Packs.

The 1-credit classes are shorter than the full term and include: Medical Terminology (APS-100), Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice (ENG-298), Introduction to Prior Learning Assessment (PLA-100), General Chemistry I Lab (CHE-128), General Chemistry II Lab (CHE-129), Physics I Lab (PHY-128), Physics II Lab (PHY-129)
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
That's right, and you may want to review your previous thread. All of us are still pondering what you're trying to do and what courses you have planned/taken. It's all a blur until we get more details. I highly suggest following my post #4 on that thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...PA-reasons
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The PLA-100 course lasts only one month.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
LevelUP Wrote:The PLA-100 course lasts only one month.

This is one of the courses I recommend as well, if you're going for a 16 credit term, take cornerstone/capstone, PLA-100 and 3 easy E-PACKS (even if they duplicate your current courses). I would only take 3 courses over e-packs if they are easy/fast and very interesting, otherwise I get bored and would rather go the test option with e-packs.

Oh, here's an example list on the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Sophia has some 1 credit courses so you could take 2 of those so you get to 120 exactly.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-11-2022, 04:27 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Sophia has some 1 credit courses so you could take 2 of those so you get to 120 exactly.

The 1-credit classes that TESU will accept are Developing Effective Teams (HRM-215) and The Essentials of Managing Conflict (SOS-240).
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(04-10-2022, 01:51 PM)IAMAMENACE Wrote: Changed my degree plan to do five classes in a three month term (suffering) and a one credit epack to reach residency requirements. TESU requires that you need to bring in an additional two credits if you take a one credit class. Do I have to complete two other one credit classes before I start this term? My degree plan already has every slot filled.

If you already have 120 credits without the extra 1 credit course, you don't have to worry. Almost nobody ends up with exactly 120 credits. They'll apply 120 of your 121 credits to the degree and you'll have one credit extra. It won't matter whether they consider the one credit course the extra credit or they apply only 2 credits from one of your 3 credit courses to the degree and consider that the extra credit.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(04-10-2022, 01:51 PM)IAMAMENACE Wrote: TESU requires that you need to bring in an additional two credits if you take a one credit class. 

Not true.  They require that you have a particular number of credits in specific areas, and 120cr overall. But if you take a 1cr course, it might easily be offset by a 4cr course or two.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Let's say you had 15 credits remaining on your degree plan.

You then do the 16 term to save on paying the residency fee.

The extra 1 credit doesn't go on your degree and is moved to the "other courses" section which still goes on your final transcript.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 430 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 414 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 434 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,258 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,172 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 351 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 270 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27