Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU 2 Degrees One Cycle
Would this work:

Say I finish everything for a Bachelor's degree in time to graduate in September. But I don't apply for graduation. Instead, I work on earning an additional TESU Bachelor's degree (which of course would have 24 different credits due to TESU policy.) I finish the second degree in time to graduate in December. Then I apply for December graduation for both degrees.

Would this work so I would only have to pay the residency waiver once?
First, I thought you were allowed some overlap in the major, although I could be wrong.

Second, it really depends on which 2 degrees you want.
- If you want 2 degrees in the same "college" (like a BALS in History and Psychology) then yes, you can do this
- If you want 2 degrees in 2 different "colleges" (like a BALS and BSBA), then you'll need 2 capstones

Either way, you only pay 1 residency waiver.

So which 2 degrees are you looking at?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
A BSBA and Psychology BA. As I've stated in previous posts I'm leaning towards not doing the second degree. I'm just keeping my options open and was curious if this would work. I'm definitely doing the BSBA though.

I know I would need two capstones. TESU told me that earning two degrees simultaneously is possible as long as there are 24 different credits between the two degrees and 9 credits overlap between AOS.

You didn't answer my question though. My question was say I 100% finish the BSBA in time for September graduation but don't apply for it. Instead, I work on the BA psychology and graduate both in December on one waiver. I guess I was just wondering if TESU would catch on to what I'm doing and/or force me to graduate with BSBA in September because it is 100% complete.

Also if I go with the BA I have to take SOS-110 but not for the BSBA. So it all comes down to if I get scholarships and money to pay for everything. I realized if I can get the second degree for free why not do it.
Oh awesome! I see you decided on two degrees from the last few times you were mentioning it. The answer you're looking for was provided: "Either way, you only pay 1 residency waiver." And that is all, you pay one residency waiver when you complete the second degree - simple as that.

You're making the thought of delaying graduation sound like loophole of some sort. Delaying graduation for your BSBA isn't something illegal. Many people do that to save up on the residency waiver, graduation fee, and it is not a loophole. There is nothing for them to catch onto, you're just telling them - I want to do pay all at once when you're done.

Further to that, they won't let you graduate until you pay for everything. The grad fee, residency waiver, the second capstone and the SOS-110 course. The only thing you need to worry about is that lingering thought - "Is the second degree worth it?". If it is, go full steam ahead.

I hope you do get that second degree, because BA Psych is much better than a check the box BALS. Good luck, keep on trucking until you're done with BOTH! I still cheer you on like I did in several of my previous posts, an example is here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid277961
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
Yes, you can delay your graduation for any reason you want - there is no rule about having to graduate at a certain time after you finish your degree requirements.

I would just say that you should be careful; they can raise the residency waiver fees and/or graduation fees (and probably will) so you might want to lock those in. You could also accidentally delay so long that your enrollment lapses, and you lose your catalog, and have new requirements to meet.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,342 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 529 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 260 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,234 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 376 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 279 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27