Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU 2016 Commencement
ladylearner Wrote:I only filed for the AA as a backup plan. Right now I'm just waiting for the official degree audit.
The official degree audit for Sep graduation would have been back in July, with a second "last chance" review in the first half of August. They probably won't review it again unless you request them to. No matter what you think they are doing, you should specifically notify the registrar's office that your course was completed.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
It is not to late. I received this email yesterday.

Good news! There is still time to attend Thomas Edison State University’s 44th Annual Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, September 24th, as the RSVP deadline has been extended to Friday, September 2, 2016. As of today, we have not heard from you that you wish to attend. If you would like to join your fellow graduates in the celebration, please follow the enclosed link and return the Commencement Attendance Form no later than Friday, September 2, 2016.

If you have questions concerning the ceremony, please visit the University’s website at Commencement at Thomas Edison State University, send an email to commencement@tesu.edu or call 609-984-1180 x 3090. We look forward to celebrating with you and your guests on September 24th!
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
davewill Wrote:The official degree audit for Sep graduation would have been back in July, with a second "last chance" review in the first half of August. They probably won't review it again unless you request them to. No matter what you think they are doing, you should specifically notify the registrar's office that your course was completed.

Thanks, davewill. As I mentioned in a previous post, my audit was delayed to September 1st. None of this happened automatically. I've been following up with everyone who's involved every step of the way. I informed the Graduation Certification Office that I was approved for an extension, had submitted all assignments and was just waiting for the last few grades. I received a (surprising) written confirmation that my grade had to be in by September 1st, although I had already accepted that I would have to wait till December for the BA. I confirmed this morning that the Registrar updated my grade. I informed the Graduation Office this morning that my grade was posted via phone & email and received a response that my file will be audited. At this point, I don’t know what else I should be doing.

I mentioned yesterday that I was getting the AA in September and the BA was iffy. I haven't assumed things will fall into place because I was late finishing my class, the mentor could have been on vacation, the Registrar officially has 2-3 weeks to post a grade, etc. I'm just thankful & happy.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
AngelaP Wrote:It is not to late. I received this email yesterday.

Good news! There is still time to attend Thomas Edison State University’s 44th Annual Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, September 24th, as the RSVP deadline has been extended to Friday, September 2, 2016. As of today, we have not heard from you that you wish to attend. If you would like to join your fellow graduates in the celebration, please follow the enclosed link and return the Commencement Attendance Form no later than Friday, September 2, 2016.

If you have questions concerning the ceremony, please visit the University’s website at Commencement at Thomas Edison State University, send an email to commencement@tesu.edu or call 609-984-1180 x 3090. We look forward to celebrating with you and your guests on September 24th!

AngelaP, are you going to attend?

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
ladylearner Wrote:Thanks, davewill. As I mentioned in a previous post, my audit was delayed to September 1st. ...
Excellent. Sorry if I was nagging a bit.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

Congrats to all the Graduates. Going to the ceremony is worth it if you can afford it. I don't know if I would have made it if I did't live in NJ at the time of my AA and BA ceremonies. Have a great day for those that will be there and I think they do stream it live for those that can't.

For those who are going get in touch with the people you want to meet ASAP, make specific plans to meet at a specific place at a specific time. It gets crowded and crazy. I had planned on meeting Forum friends at my ceremony and was only able to find 1 person. Also for those of you traveling to the ceremony be warned the weather in NJ at that time of year can have a wide range be prepared for anything from Freezing to 90 degrees.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
davewill Wrote:Excellent. Sorry if I was nagging a bit.
Not at all. I get it. People sit back and wait for something to happen and then get upset when it doesn't. Not me, I'm a stalker lol.
Sorry if I was snippy. I've gotten my official email. Guess who's graduating, y'all? AA & BA to be conferred next month.

Let me be the 1st to say YEAH!! WELL DONE!!
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
ladylearner Wrote:... Guess who's graduating, y'all? AA & BA to be conferred next month.

[Image: 44865.gif]

I wish I could make it! I'm forking out all of my money on rebuilding the foundation on my house
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,664 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,742 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,360 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,605 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,336 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,393 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,869 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore