Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU 2nd Evaluation
I have 66 credits from one community college, 1 credit from a 2nd community college and 6 CLEP tests. I didn't want to pay the $20 transcript fee for CLEP so I only sent the two college transcripts. At the first college I earned an associates degree and and used CLEP to meet some of the requirements. As a result it notes the CLEP on my transcript but not my score.

The TESU evaluation came in awhile ago and as expected there was 2 colleges but no CLEP'S. However, a couple weeks I got an email saying they did another evaluation and added CLEP'S. I keep checking the website and the CLEP'S still do not show up in my end of the evaluation. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have not enrolled as a TESU student yet.
The CLEPs have to come from Collegeboard (the original source). You'll have to pony up the $$.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(11-16-2018, 02:37 PM)quigongene Wrote: The CLEPs have to come from Collegeboard (the original source).  You'll have to pony up the $$.

That's what I thought. Then why did TESU send me an additional email weeks after my first evaluation saying they evaluated my Cleps.

(11-16-2018, 02:45 PM)natshar Wrote: Then why did TESU send me an additional email weeks after my first evaluation saying they evaluated my Cleps.

‾\_(ツ)_/‾
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • alab21, TheMaskedMutant
Did you perhaps take a CLEP and list TESU as your school? That triggers a free automatic sending of that one CLEP score. That also means you can go ahead and pay to send in your CLEP transcript as you can send any future scores for free, as long as you do it when you take it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(11-16-2018, 02:55 PM)davewill Wrote: Did you perhaps take a CLEP and list TESU as your school? That triggers a free automatic sending of that one CLEP score. That also means you can go ahead and pay to send in your CLEP transcript as you can send any future scores for free, as long as you do it when you take it.

You are right. I did but I failed the clep. (got a 48) that's what happened. Good advice I'll pay the 20 now.

But the thing is I used up the two free evaluations right? So if I want more evaluations I have to enroll in TESU.
Yes, you need to enroll before any other evaluations or advice is provided. My recommendation is just to continue with getting your CLEPS and other ACE/NCCRS courses completed. Enroll in the Cornerstone whenever possible BEFORE the SOC101 course is required as a replacement for the Cornerstone as the Cornerstone will soon no longer be offered each term. That cornerstone will enroll you for the year to come...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-16-2018, 06:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, you need to enroll before any other evaluations or advice is provided. My recommendation is just to continue with getting your CLEPS and other ACE/NCCRS courses completed. Enroll in the Cornerstone whenever possible BEFORE the SOC101 course is required as a replacement for the Cornerstone as the Cornerstone will soon no longer be offered each term. That cornerstone will enroll you for the year to come...

Im was thinking of enrolling end of January/early February. I'm aiming of September graduation but if that doesn't work I can do December graduation with that plan. That would work right?
Yup. That's fine, you can enroll in the January term for the Cornerstone and finish it within a day. You need to apply for graduation before the deadline, however; you can still continue working on courses until at the very latest, a month before graduation. So, for example, if you're shooting for Grad in September, get everything done before the middle of August.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-16-2018, 06:21 PM)natshar Wrote: ...
But the thing is I used up the two free evaluations right? So if I want more evaluations I have to enroll in TESU.
Maybe. Smile You never really know exactly what TESU will call an "evaluation". They might well ignore that CLEP score and still process another set of transcripts.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 0 5 21 minutes ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,556 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 8 392 04-22-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 607 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 504 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 528 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,325 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 249 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 400 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM