Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU 90 credit 1 source limit
(02-24-2018, 01:11 AM)rlw74 Wrote: You'll need ULs anyway and CC credits never count as UL, no matter if TESU has an equivalent. That is a lot of CC though.

At TESU, you only need 18cr UL (or 12cr UL for a BSBA), so it's not like you couldn't bring in 105-108 LL credits without any problems.  It just means that 80 can be from a CC, and 37 from ACE/NCCRS courses.

I could easily see getting a TON of LL credit at a CC.  All it takes is changing your major (say from English to Business or something really unrelated), or getting a couple of AA/AS/AAS's, and there you have it.

At our local state college, you can transfer up to 70cr of CC, and combined with CLEP's, you could bring in enough to only need a single year at CC to get the 4-yr degree (depends on the degree obviously, but the Computer Science degree is one where it will work).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Ideas
I have close to 90 community college credits. I completed an AS in social science 20 years ago. Then when I was a state employee, I tried to take advantage of the 1 free state school course per term. I naively thought I’d be able to use this benefit to get credits for a bachelors degree at one of the 4 year schools in the area, but it was impossible to get into any courses with all the rules. I decided to just take a variety of things at 2 of the local community colleges. One of the classes I took was biology, chemistry, and independent research credits combined into 1 class for 3 quarters. That was a total of 11 quarter hours each term for 3 terms, which ended up being 22 semester hours. At some point I realized I needed to find another way, because free was just going to keep me in Community college forever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparklette's post:
  • dfrecore
(02-23-2018, 06:08 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 06:03 PM)jsd Wrote: I wonder if that is from a single community college, or from all community colleges?

Not that it necessarily matters for our purposes here on the forum, most of us aren't utilizing community colleges the way we do alternative credit sources.

I bet it's all. But yeah, that's a lot of community college! Who gets that many? I bet they had a student with over 80 which prompted them to make the rule...

Well... I have 174 from CC's.  Confused

When I left HS I enrolled in a Fire Science Degree without really understanding how college works, ended up with 100 credits on that degree (A.A.S.) because I enjoyed the coursework and I just kept taking more and more classes each semester. I still finished in two years. (I left HS with 20 credit hours, took a paid internship for 2 credits over the summer. The other 78 hours were in 4 semesters... Exclamation

After that, I found the need to take a paramedic program to increase my ability to be promoted at work. When it was all said and done, 174 hours. 

Of course, no one bothered to explain the difference between an AA, AS, and an AAS so I have two of those and still have to take additional lower division credit courses.  Angry (Yes, I recognize and accept the fact that it was my fault for not previously researching this, but why would someone think that it mattered? Especially a nieve high school kid. lol)  So, now I'm going to earn even more lower division credit so that I can finish a bachelor's (or two Wink .)
[-] The following 1 user Likes a_dblu's post:
  • Muldoon
I have 150+ quarter units at a CC (2 AA's). I have so many I'm not eligible for financial aid there anymore.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
(02-23-2018, 06:03 PM)jsd Wrote: I wonder if that is from a single community college, or from all community colleges?

Not that it necessarily matters for our purposes here on the forum, most of us aren't utilizing community colleges the way we do alternative credit sources.

Mine are lumped together from 2 different CCs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,931 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,030 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,296 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,327 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,822 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore