Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU - ASNSM CS / BA Computer Science megathread
Yes, if you take Linear Algebra MAT321 for your AOS math requirement, that counts towards your 18 UL credits.

Unless you take it at a community college, in which case it will fulfill the requirement, but not count as UL.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (in prog)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (in prog)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Anybody know what the lowest level math is? I only graduated high school Algebra 1 / Geometry / Algebra 2 and never took Precalculus. My high school never offered Calculus. I am 30 years of age, btw.
chz1000 Wrote:Anybody know what the lowest level math is? I only graduated high school Algebra 1 / Geometry / Algebra 2 and never took Precalculus. My high school never offered Calculus. I am 30 years of age, btw.

For ASNSM Comp Science/Math, you should at least take Calculus I as it's a requirement for the Math. For the BA Comp Science as well, it requires a minimum of Calculus I, you will need further math for that degree. And of course, if you're going for a Math Major, even more upper level math. The easiest would be a BALS degree, then the BSBA... pick your poison. If you go for either degree, you should take College Algebra and Statistics (required for BSBA, not required for BALS).
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Computer Science (June 2019 graduation...)
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)~
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc~
That's not a problem. I must have misworded my question. Do they offer lower level refresher math courses to gravitate towards higher level math? I am planning on taking as high level as possible. Pointless question as I'm going to call them in 2-1/2 hours to find out. Thanks, though.
(04-17-2019, 05:13 AM)chz1000 Wrote: That's not a problem. I must have misworded my question. Do they offer lower level refresher math courses to gravitate towards higher level math? I am planning on taking as high level as possible. Pointless question as I'm going to call them in 2-1/2 hours to find out. Thanks, though.
There are lots of cheap lower level math courses for credit and even free resources to refresh your math skills. ALEKS is an often recommended source for cheap math credit. Khan and school yourself are both great free resources for learning
And studying math.
TESU BS NEET (in progress)
B&M(22cr): Anat/Phys 1/2 +Labs, Eng Comp 1, Sust. Cities, Orientation Courses, Intro Hlth+Well, Functional Anat/Kin
TESU(4cr): Chem 1 Lab, DC circuits
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(2cr): Dev Eff Teams, Fdn College Alg, Fdn Stats, Ess Mng Conflict, Fdn English comp
Study.com(22cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
My suggestion is if you're going to go for some courses in math, why not get credit for it? There are several providers that offer inexpensive Math courses, from FREE for remedial classes up to Calculus II.

Anything above that would require a little bit more cash flow, and of course, you can take them at your local community college if you want to save. The Big 3 do offer math courses after Calculus II, but they're expensive. Take them elsewhere and transfer them in...
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Computer Science (June 2019 graduation...)
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)~
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc~
have any of you guys join this online course?

Foothill http://www.foothill.edu/schedule/schedule.php (cheap lower level cs courses, fully online) [Java/C++ Data Structures, Computer Architecture)

how much it cost and what are the requirements.
Just from looking at the tuition page it looks like if you're out of district or an international student it 163 per credit with an additional 56.00 give or take in fees. There is a few fee waivers for the campus visits(if all online you sign a waiver) that gives you the fee back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Uni Admissions Counselor Needing Guidance about TESU Transfers PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 7 224 6 hours ago
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  what do the TESU degrees say? saraholson 0 26 6 hours ago
Last Post: saraholson
  TESU Masters in Data Science joeguida 1 56 Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU course Anthropology on SL All Seas 6 116 Yesterday, 01:47 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU classes FishNDip 6 265 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BS Information Technology Degree Plan PBenitez 11 761 05-20-2019, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Ecamarillo92
  Debating on changing TESU BALS NSM (CS/CIS) to TESU BACS Lewis.Yim 4 182 05-20-2019, 12:00 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Help with TESU BSBA GM Degree Plan sesamestreetgang 1 69 05-19-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sept 2020 Graduation - TESU plan of action CarpeDiem8 4 155 05-19-2019, 01:45 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Comparing costs of 2 TESU degrees CarpeDiem8 19 717 05-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8