Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - ASNSM in Mathematics
(07-17-2019, 10:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, interesting, just wondering why did you decide on TESU for your ASNSM and Excelsior for BS Electrical Engineering Technology?  I would do the following, get all you can done with the ECPI Associates degree first.  If you have spare time, work on all the ACE requirements for the ASNSM.  

However, I would not do the Excelsior BSEET since you can get that at TESU for cheaper, I would recommend continuing onward with the BSEET by transferring everything into TESU.  BTW, both EC/TESU have ABET accreditation if that was the reason you wanted the EC option.

Actually, I reviewed TESU website, program name is different.  BS Electronics Systems Engineering Technology.
Link: https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/bs/ele...technology

Specificially because in my state and with my employeer if I want to be able to get a PE (Professional Engineer) liscense I HAVE to do it with an ABET accredited college. 100% no exceptions allowed. Thus why Excelsior over TESU. E is ABET accredited, TESU isn't. If it weren't for that, I'd just finish the MET with ECPI.

.. wait. TESU is ABET? I didn't see that. I shall revise some. 

And yes, Electronics engineering or electronics engineering technology will put me where I want to be, but electronic systesm engineering technology wont. The difference is that ESET puts you into fabrication or being an electrician. EET puts you into the bigger systems, and EET with a focus on power generation and the MET starter gives me a self-built (sorta) mechatronics focused on power generation degree set that is what I want.  I already work for a large regional power company, in the engineering department (as a lackey) so I know where I'm aiming. But I have to have that ABET stamp on my Bachelors.
-----
Testing through BA In Mathematics via TESU - Graduation planned in 2020
Attending ECPI Online for Mechanical Engineering Technology - Bachelors - Graduation planned in 2020
Yeah, If the TESU program is acceptable for you, you might as well complete the ASNSM and the BS there as well. The courses from ECPI should transfer into either EC/TESU just fine. The price to the degree should be almost the same as well. Question, is your company providing you with tuition reimbursement?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-18-2019, 04:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, If the TESU program is acceptable for you, you might as well complete the ASNSM and the BS there as well.  The courses from ECPI should transfer into either EC/TESU just fine.  The price to the degree should be almost the same as well.  Question, is your company providing you with tuition reimbursement?

Not yet, I haven't been here long enough yet. I started here back in April. I will be eligible in the near future, though, but I wasn't willing to wait that long to start working on the education. Actively working on the education will get me eligible quicker (it's complicated) so it made it in my interest to go ahead.

The TESU degree is different from the Excelsior degree, so I'm not sure which will be better. I'll investigate and confirm one way or another. There's a lot that can change in the next 6-10 months, too, maybe in my favor. Smile
-----
Testing through BA In Mathematics via TESU - Graduation planned in 2020
Attending ECPI Online for Mechanical Engineering Technology - Bachelors - Graduation planned in 2020

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,093 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,080 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,972 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,304 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial aid for ACE credits ---> TESU? CourtneyBrooke 11 1,382 01-31-2022, 04:36 PM
  "My Valuable, Cheap College Degree" from Athur Brooks, TESU grad now Harvard Prof mahaganapati 10 2,781 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 873 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 952 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack