Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] Academic Evaluation turn-around time
I'm about to send my ACE credits transcript to TESU. Currently I'm just an applicant with a 2014 catalog and not officially enrolled (I will be by May 10th because I just paid for a course on the per-credit-tuition plan) and I have a question for current TESU students.

1. How long has TESU taken for updating ACE transcript courses in your academic evaluation?
2. How long has TESU taken for updating StraighterLine courses in your academic evaluation?
TESU typically takes 3+ weeks from when they receive them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
They say to allow 20 business days and they like to make you wait that full time. It's a long wait and hard to be patient, but just mark your calendar and come back to it in three weeks
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
They say on the website 25 business days, and I have found that to be the case the last couple of times they updated my eval. EXACTLY 25 business days. It's like they COULD do it in 1 day, but they put your file in the "25th business day from today" pile, and process it then. Not sure what that's all about.

You say that you're an applicant with a 2014 catalog, but I don't think that's possible. Are you saying you're still that, or you were that previously? Because you can't stay in applicant status forever, you have to enroll within a year by either taking a course or TECEP. If you haven't done that, then I don't think you'll still be on the 2014 catalog when they update your file. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure they will update your file; I would think that they would make you reapply and you'll be under the current 2016/17 catalog when that happens. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You say that you're an applicant with a 2014 catalog, but I don't think that's possible. Are you saying you're still that, or you were that previously? Because you can't stay in applicant status forever, you have to enroll within a year by either taking a course or TECEP. If you haven't done that, then I don't think you'll still be on the 2014 catalog when they update your file. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure they will update your file; I would think that they would make you reapply and you'll be under the current 2016/17 catalog when that happens. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

I contacted Bursar's Office earlier this month and they made me an applicant, so I didn't need to reapply and the application fee was waived. I was a previously enrolled student in TESU in 2013 (paid around $3K+ for enrollment if I remember correctly), but currently I'm un-enrolled (the 2014 catalog is still in my Academic Evaluation). After signing up for a course today, it appeared in my 2014 catalog (once it's the 10th day of May, I'll be finally enrolled under the per credit tuition plan and I believe I'll still be under the 2014 catalog).
Nixi Wrote:I contacted Bursar's Office earlier this month and they made me an applicant, so I didn't need to reapply and the application fee was waived. I was a previously enrolled student in TESU in 2013 (paid around $3K+ for enrollment if I remember correctly), but currently I'm un-enrolled (the 2014 catalog is still in my Academic Evaluation). After signing up for a course today, it appeared in my 2014 catalog (once it's the 10th day of May, I'll be finally enrolled under the per credit tuition plan and I believe I'll still be under the 2014 catalog).

Lucky you if that's the case, you will not have to take some of the requirements they have now like Speech & Ethics.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Lucky you if that's the case, you will not have to take some of the requirements they have now like Speech & Ethics.

Well Ethics is still required for the 2014 catalog but it can probably be satisfied with the free 2 credit class at The Institutes and get a waiver to push the 3rd credit back to Gen Ed electives.
If you get your ACE and SL credits posted to the eval without the catalog changing, thank your favorite deity and lucky stars.

If you were a true new applicant, you would not see any eval at all until 5 or 6 weeks after they receive transcripts. I suspect TESU hasn't got around to manually updating your last eval from 2014 and giving you the 2016 or 2017 catalog because they are super slow. Registering for a course and having it show up on your old eval is an automatic process that should not be seen as a sign of good news.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:If you get your ACE and SL credits posted to the eval without the catalog changing, thank your favorite deity and lucky stars.

If you were a true new applicant, you would not see any eval at all until 5 or 6 weeks after they receive transcripts. I suspect TESU hasn't got around to manually updating your last eval from 2014 and giving you the 2016 or 2017 catalog because they are super slow. Registering for a course and having it show up on your old eval is an automatic process that should not be seen as a sign of good news.

It seems you're right, but I'm still confident things will work out. I'll report back how this turns out in a month. Smile
managerman Wrote:Well Ethics is still required for the 2014 catalog but it can probably be satisfied with the free 2 credit class at The Institutes and get a waiver to push the 3rd credit back to Gen Ed electives.

Oops, I meant Speech, Government, and Info Lit. I'm on the 2015 catalog and don't have those.

And, I think you should be prepared for your catalog to change. Mine certainly did when I came back. But if you end up with 2014, then good for you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,582 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,292 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore