Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] Academic Evaluation turn-around time
dfrecore Wrote:And, I think you should be prepared for your catalog to change. Mine certainly did when I came back. But if you end up with 2014, then good for you!

Mine did too -- after my TECEP started and I finally got them to change me to enrolled status.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Related question, TESU shows that they received my transcript from a university I attended but I haven't sent the ACE transcript yet. I was holding off on the ACE until I finished up more classes. I also need to see how TESU evaluates a few of the courses I took at the local University before I know what I need to finish up. Will they evaluate the transcript they've already received or will they wait until I send ACE? Worst case I just send ACE now and again later but I was trying to avoid an extra fee.
They'll evaluate what they already have.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
dfrecore Wrote:They say on the website 25 business days, and I have found that to be the case the last couple of times they updated my eval. EXACTLY 25 business days. It's like they COULD do it in 1 day, but they put your file in the "25th business day from today" pile, and process it then. Not sure what that's all about.

You say that you're an applicant with a 2014 catalog, but I don't think that's possible. Are you saying you're still that, or you were that previously? Because you can't stay in applicant status forever, you have to enroll within a year by either taking a course or TECEP. If you haven't done that, then I don't think you'll still be on the 2014 catalog when they update your file. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure they will update your file; I would think that they would make you reapply and you'll be under the current 2016/17 catalog when that happens. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Hey it's possible, i'm still in the 2014 catalog year as well. You keep renewing before the one year point comes around.
keymommy2000 Wrote:Hey it's possible, i'm still in the 2014 catalog year as well. You keep renewing before the one year point comes around.

I assume you keep taking a TECEP for enrollment purposes? I should have done that a year ago instead of this year, so many changes taking place at TESU, kind of getting me frustrated. Onward I tread! Until I get that degree! (Swings out credit card).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TrailRunr Wrote:If you get your ACE and SL credits posted to the eval without the catalog changing, thank your favorite deity and lucky stars.

If you were a true new applicant, you would not see any eval at all until 5 or 6 weeks after they receive transcripts. I suspect TESU hasn't got around to manually updating your last eval from 2014 and giving you the 2016 or 2017 catalog because they are super slow. Registering for a course and having it show up on your old eval is an automatic process that should not be seen as a sign of good news.

I forgot to update this thread. After I was enrolled and even after my evaluation update, I was still kept on the 2014 catalog. I'm sure it's because I e-mailed the Bursar department and asked if I could be kept on there. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,317 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore