Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to start for a Bachelors' in Business Management
Hey hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend and are able to help me out figuring what my next steps are. For overall reasons in my life i had to take a gap year after graduating high school in 2019. Since then i've been mostly working a full-time job and have been wanting to get back to school but don't know to where to start but discovering online universities and CLEP it has given me hope but it has been daunting so i was wondering what my best steps are in starting towards a Bachelor's in Business Management through an online university or with CLEP. Thanks once again guys.
If you're interested in a BSBA in General Management through TESU, I've got you covered: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

You've reminded me that I've not yet added as many CLEP exams as possible to the plans. This is mainly due to the fact that a lot of CLEP centers are closed right now and there is no guarantee if/when they will be open. Fortunately, CLEP exams are not necessary to be able to get a business degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
Make sure CLEP centers are open where you live before anything else. In some states they've been closed since March of last year. I would also decide on which school you want to attend before taking CLEP exams. All schools do not accept CLEP exams or all of them.
Also, since you are interested in a business degree, you might be interested in this one from UMPI: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ba-busi...rship.aspx This is a competency-based degree that costs $1400 every 8 weeks ($700/mo) and it has relatively generous ACE transfer-credit allowances. Between being able to bring in various credits and also being allowed to complete as many courses as you are able to for the same price, a UMPI degree can cost significantly less than a TESU degree.

However, before you commit to a competency-based program, you should go sign up for Sophia.org and take everything but the Foundations courses and College Readiness. If you can complete all this in 3 months or less then you may be ready for a competency-based degree and you can transfer those credits to UMPI. If you decide that this hectic pace isn't for you, you've still got a bunch of Sophia credits that can be transferred into TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 310 11 minutes ago
Last Post: BELEEMA
Question 40 something would love some guidance on how/where/what Bachelors to get! joyfulhelper 5 202 03-26-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Associates after Bachelors? 2nd Bachelors aslhou 16 560 03-25-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,927 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 264 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
  Please help! Looking to obtain Bachelors in 6months or less! Currently have 75hrs. SeanC86 9 525 03-11-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Planning help for Bachelors in Healthcare Administration Danyr09 9 473 02-21-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Danyr09