Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just passed the German Clep
I just passed the German CLEP and submitted to Rio Salado College so that I can apply it towards my Language Studies Certificate. I scored a 64 and it is worth 16 credits at the school. According to the school website it will transcribe as follows:

Credit awarded for CLEP will appear on the college transcript in the section "Credit Awarded by Advanced Standing" and will have a "CL" in the note column. To view this credit, please login to your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu.

It hasn't posted yet and I have not requested a transcript. Any ideas how the Big 3 would treat this? I don't want to transfer it to my ACE as it is only worth 9 there.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
It was a lot harder than I expected and very similar to the ACTFL listening exam. The reading was by far the most challenging.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
It's listed on TESU's CLEP page, as

Quote:[TABLE="class: table1, width: 100%"]
[TR="class: sub_point"]
[TD]
  • German Language
[/TD]
[TD]GRM-101 Beginning German I, GRM-102, Beginning German II, GRM-201, Intermediate German[/TD]
[TD]6/9[/TD]
[TD]2/28/18[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I assume the difference between 6 and 9 is the score.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
The 6/9 is based on ACE. Any chance they'll transcribe it off the Rio transcript?
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
You don't have to put it on your ACE transcript, although you can if you want. Schools that accept CLEP/DSST exams (whether from CLEP/DSST directly or ACE, doesn't matter) choose how many credits to bring it in as. ACE just recommends something. Schools are not bound by ACE to give it the number of credits ACE recommends. So ACE and CLEP both recommend 9cr with your score, but your school chose to give you 16cr for it. That is totally within their rights to do so (just as a school can choose to make you get a higher score if they want, or choose not to accept the CLEP exam at all).

TESU brings it in for different credits based on your score. For a score of 50-59, you get 6cr (GER-101/102). For a score of 60+, they bring it in as 9cr GER-101/102/201 (although it used to be 12cr and also include 202).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You don't have to put it on your ACE transcript, although you can if you want. Schools that accept CLEP/DSST exams (whether from CLEP/DSST directly or ACE, doesn't matter) choose how many credits to bring it in as. ACE just recommends something. Schools are not bound by ACE to give it the number of credits ACE recommends. So ACE and CLEP both recommend 9cr with your score, but your school chose to give you 16cr for it. That is totally within their rights to do so (just as a school can choose to make you get a higher score if they want, or choose not to accept the CLEP exam at all).

TESU brings it in for different credits based on your score. For a score of 50-59, you get 6cr (GER-101/102). For a score of 60+, they bring it in as 9cr GER-101/102/201 (although it used to be 12cr and also include 202).

Thank you, great feedback. I wasn't sure if it was launder able or not. I'll just have to see how it transcribes. Thanks again!
MA in progress
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,813 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,580 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,642 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,566 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,220 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  anyone passed Excelsior quantitative analysis exam? how to study? dsstmfa 1 1,668 03-31-2018, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Jsheets15
  Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP + College Math CLEP ? Silly_Me 6 2,502 03-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  CLEP Newcomer backstabbathds 6 1,413 02-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does it matter what Clep exams I take? Keshi 4 1,402 01-14-2018, 08:15 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU, CLEP and WV BOG quigongene 9 2,411 11-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Last Post: quigongene