Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Bachelors at TESU
(02-19-2020, 04:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The BSBA CIS courses can be re-used for the BACS, those overlapping 3 courses or 9 credits should be fine.  You can reuse those 3 UL courses for the BACS without an issue (that is the max they allow, 9 credits).  So, delay the graduation, finish the remaining courses and you're good to go!  

Essentially, completion dates must reflect the that those credits were completed after current degree is conferred.  The 24 credits must be completed AFTER conferral which means, if you're working on them now, they won't transfer over into your new degree.  It would be a waste of those credits and you'll need to find alternatives elsewhere for more cost & time...

A workaround of that is to do all the Study.com UL courses quizzes and finals, and assignments, but don't hand in the assignments for grading, this way you will use up the 2 allotted exams each month and you will have your assignments done, but not yet graded until you need them graded.  

You don't want to go this route, you need to pay the extra grad fee and "wait", and if it was me, I hate waiting for grading and paying extra when I don't need to...
You are right on the money. So two SDC classes that I'm about 70 percent done with the quizzes, I will get to about 95 percent then pause my account and turn it back on after my BSBA is conferred. As a matter of fact I will copy the written assignments instructions and complete them as well and submit at a later date (after coffered). I really want to graduate in June. I don't mind paying another grad fee and the 24 additional credits, well, I can complete them in two months.. 

I need:
1. Intro to programming (funny because I completed an advanced programming class already) 
2. Data structures
3. Calculus 1 (will complete at SL) 
4. Discrete Math) (SDC) 
5. Operating Systems (I already completed one, but I need another. 70 percent done at sdc) 
6. Computer Architecture (this might be a bit of a challenge, but doable. 
7.one more CS LL elective

Funny because my CCNA, SEC+, MCSA server  and VMware certs, got me no credits.

What if I graduate in June with just the BSBA GM, and postpone the BSBA CIS till September so can complete it at the same time as the BACS and avoid the risk overlapping credits? BTW, None of GM AOS are used in the CIS AOS.
(02-19-2020, 05:37 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 04:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The BSBA CIS courses can be re-used for the BACS, those overlapping 3 courses or 9 credits should be fine.  You can reuse those 3 UL courses for the BACS without an issue (that is the max they allow, 9 credits).  So, delay the graduation, finish the remaining courses and you're good to go!  

Essentially, completion dates must reflect the that those credits were completed after current degree is conferred.  The 24 credits must be completed AFTER conferral which means, if you're working on them now, they won't transfer over into your new degree.  It would be a waste of those credits and you'll need to find alternatives elsewhere for more cost & time...

A workaround of that is to do all the Study.com UL courses quizzes and finals, and assignments, but don't hand in the assignments for grading, this way you will use up the 2 allotted exams each month and you will have your assignments done, but not yet graded until you need them graded.  

You don't want to go this route, you need to pay the extra grad fee and "wait", and if it was me, I hate waiting for grading and paying extra when I don't need to...
You are right on the money. So two SDC classes that I'm about 70 percent done with the quizzes, I will get to about 95 percent then pause my account and turn it back on after my BSBA is conferred. As a matter of fact I will copy the written assignments instructions and complete them as well and submit at a later date (after coffered). I really want to graduate in June. I don't mind paying another grad fee and the 24 additional credits, well, I can complete them in two months.. 

I need:
1. Intro to programming (funny because I completed an advanced programming class already) 
2. Data structures
4. Discrete Math) (SDC) 
5. Operating Systems (I already completed one, but I need another. 70 percent done at sdc) 

What if I graduate in June with just the BSBA GM, and postpone the BSBA CIS till September so can complete it at the same time as the BACS and avoid the risk overlapping credits? BTW, None of GM AOS are used in the CIS AOS.
You would not be able to postpone the bsba cis if you want to get the bacs too.

Here is the deal tesu allows you to earn only two bachelor's degrees. If you earn the bsba gm and bsba cis together it is only one degree with a dual area of study. One piece of paper. But if you earn a bsba gm and then a bsba cis later it will be a second degree since they are literally giving you another piece of paper. If you did jsut the bsba gm, after that you could do either the bsba cis or bacs but not both.

Honestly I agree with the others unless you have an actual reason to graduate in June postponing all of them September makes the most sense. It will save you money and hassle. Plus I'm still not entirely convinced you wont have to pay the wavier fee twice. Your post said as long you dont apply for graduation but you did apply. When I asked Tesu they said once you graduate with a bachelors degree you have to pay it again for another degree. Tesu advising has been know to give incorrect information. Regardless even if you are correct if you graduate with both degrees in September you wont have to risk paying it twice at all.
(02-19-2020, 08:58 PM)natshar Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 05:37 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:

I need:
2. Data structures
4. Discrete Math) (SDC) 

You would not be able to postpone the bsba cis if you want to get the bacs too.

Here is the deal tesu allows you to earn only two bachelor's degrees. If you earn the bsba gm and bsba cis together it is only one degree with a dual area of study. One piece of paper. But if you earn a bsba gm and then a bsba cis later it will be a second degree since they are literally giving you another piece of paper. If you did jsut the bsba gm, after that you could do either the bsba cis or bacs but not both.

Honestly I agree with the others unless you have an actual reason to graduate in June postponing all of them September makes the most sense. It will save you money and hassle. Plus I'm still not entirely convinced you wont have to pay the wavier fee twice. Your post said as long you dont apply for graduation but you did apply. When I asked Tesu they said once you graduate with a bachelors degree you have to pay it again for another degree. Tesu advising has been know to give incorrect information. Regardless even if you are correct if you graduate with both degrees in September you wont have to risk paying it twice at all.

I don't think TESU will let you go back and get a BSBA/CIS after you've already earned a BSBA/GM.  They won't give you a second BSBA.  And there aren't 24 new credits you could get.  The best you could do was to get a certificate or something like that, which I think you could do while you were earning the BACS.

I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay another $2800 waiver fee for a second degree, that sounds crazy to me.  Actually, getting 2 degrees (and doing 2 capstones sounds a little nuts too).  People on here love to collect degrees, I'm not sure why anyone would want to, as I am willing to bet in MOST instances, it's not going to be worth it for your career.  One degree will usually do the trick.

Anyway, my advice is to get whichever degree will do best for your career, and be done with it.  Get the BACS, for instance, making sure that you take the business core as well (it will probably not all be used) and then go get an MBA (and all pre-reqs are done).  Or go get a BSBA if you work in the business world, and then get a MS in IT or whatever later.

But that's just my opinion, I'm cheap, and I didn't love school enough to get a second degree of any kind (and probably never will).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 777 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch