Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - B.S. Organizational Leadership Course Plan
Hi there, everyone! I've been reading this thread as much as I can over the last few years. A lot has changed in terms of TESU policies, as well as my own educational desires. I wanted to post this and ask for any critiques or comments on whether or not this would work at TESU. 

I'm currently enrolled at a local two-year college with plans on getting a A.A. in Business Administration, with a focus on Marketing. I haven't applied to TESU yet, but I plan on doing so later this year, or potentially even early 2021, once I graduate with my associates. I've gone with TESU over the other universities because I'm pretty hellbent on getting a degree in Organizational Leadership. I've looked into the regular Business degree (with an option to get the OL undergrad certificate), but I think I rather stick with the BSOL plan. 

Here is my course plan with required courses from TESU and any applicable replacement courses I've found via Davar, CLEP, Sophia, Study.com, and previous A.A. coursework.

Technically, I know CLEP can be free with MissionStates, but for tracking purposes, I decided to leave the test + fee in the calculations. Davar is $99/mo for two courses. Study.com is $199/mo for two courses. Sophia is currently free, so I'm trying to knock those three courses out before that ends. I'm somewhat confused as to how the fixed tuition rate works for TESU, but I think I did the math right: excluding any other fees, tuition by itself for the 5 courses I'm taking there will be $4,928 since I am out of state. All in all, I'm looking at hopefully a bachelor's degree for under $10k, completed in less than one year. 

Let me know your thoughts or if you need more information from me! Thanks in advanced Big Grin
(05-31-2020, 12:00 AM)DegreeSeekingAdult Wrote: Hi there, everyone! I've been reading this thread as much as I can over the last few years. A lot has changed in terms of TESU policies, as well as my own educational desires. I wanted to post this and ask for any critiques or comments on whether or not this would work at TESU. 

I'm currently enrolled at a local two-year college with plans on getting a A.A. in Business Administration, with a focus on Marketing. I haven't applied to TESU yet, but I plan on doing so later this year, or potentially even early 2021, once I graduate with my associates. I've gone with TESU over the other universities because I'm pretty hellbent on getting a degree in Organizational Leadership. I've looked into the regular Business degree (with an option to get the OL undergrad certificate), but I think I rather stick with the BSOL plan. 

Here is my course plan with required courses from TESU and any applicable replacement courses I've found via Davar, CLEP, Sophia, Study.com, and previous A.A. coursework.

Technically, I know CLEP can be free with MissionStates, but for tracking purposes, I decided to leave the test + fee in the calculations. Davar is $99/mo for two courses. Study.com is $199/mo for two courses. Sophia is currently free, so I'm trying to knock those three courses out before that ends. I'm somewhat confused as to how the fixed tuition rate works for TESU, but I think I did the math right: excluding any other fees, tuition by itself for the 5 courses I'm taking there will be $4,928 since I am out of state. All in all, I'm looking at hopefully a bachelor's degree for under $10k, completed in less than one year. 

Let me know your thoughts or if you need more information from me! Thanks in advanced Big Grin

Thanks for posting this. Your plan looks terrific.

Sent from my typewriter.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(05-31-2020, 01:32 AM)videogamesrock Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 12:00 AM)DegreeSeekingAdult Wrote: Hi there, everyone! I've been reading this thread as much as I can over the last few years. A lot has changed in terms of TESU policies, as well as my own educational desires. I wanted to post this and ask for any critiques or comments on whether or not this would work at TESU. 

Thanks for posting this. Your plan looks terrific.

Sent from my typewriter.

Thank you! I appreciate that.
Yeah looks good. Because some of the BSOL courses can't be found via alt credit. So taking courses at TESU is a smart move.

Meanwhile these UL courses can be done from Study.com.

Organizational behavior (also on Davar)
Foundations of Leadership
Leading Organizational Change
Leadership Communications
Project management
Advanced Organizational Management
Organizational Theory

Also any gen eds, free electives, business courses, business electives required for the degree you could easily do at your CC, sophia or a lot different ACE providers.

If you have spots in your schedule at CC it might be smart to take some leadership that courses to fit into your bachelors plan.

Then after you've done all you can with CC, alt credt and ACE take the remaining few courses at TESU.

are you supposed to have an attachment or something? I don't see it.
(05-31-2020, 08:51 AM)natshar Wrote: Yeah looks good. Because some of the BSOL courses can't be found via alt credit. So taking courses at TESU is a smart move.

Project management
Organizational Theory

Also any gen eds, free electives, business courses, business electives required for the degree you could easily do at your CC, sophia or a lot different ACE providers.

If you have spots in your schedule at CC it might be smart to take some leadership that courses to fit into your bachelors plan.

Then after you've done all you can with CC, alt credt and ACE take the remaining few courses at TESU.

Oh that's weird. It should be a link to a Google sheet in my post: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

But thank you for your suggestions! I've been doing a deeper look into my CC and there are some classes I can take toward my A.S. that could potentially count for my B.S., so I will adjust that accordingly.
(05-31-2020, 09:24 AM)DegreeSeekingAdult Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 08:51 AM)natshar Wrote: Yeah looks good. Because some of the BSOL courses can't be found via alt credit. So taking courses at TESU is a smart move.

Project management
Organizational Theory

Oh that's weird. It should be a link to a Google sheet in my post: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

But thank you for your suggestions! I've been doing a deeper look into my CC and there are some classes I can take toward my A.S. that could potentially count for my B.S., so I will adjust that accordingly.
Maybe some of the business courses at CC would count for your business courses as well.

Also you need to do 16 credits at TESU to avoid the wavier. So you would have to take a 1 credit course at TESU to meet that even if the 1 credit doesn't count for anything.

Also why are you using free electives at TESU? You would be better off doing courses for your major at TESU.

Electives vould be anything you want and you'd probably already have them done with your extra CC courses or free Sophia.

So I'd plan on doing your some of your major at TESU. Plus you don't for 100% sure that all of your advanced leadership electives would work. And tesu keeps making changes. So that seems like a better place for TESU courses.

Maybe keep the plan your as is except do free electives with sophia or cc courses that dont fit.

Then as you work out your plan ask TESU if the courses you said would work for the major. My guess is at least one of your advanced leadership electives won't work. If this is the case then replace it with a TESU course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • DegreeSeekingAdult
(05-31-2020, 10:04 AM)natshar Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 09:24 AM)DegreeSeekingAdult Wrote:

Project management
Organizational Theory

Maybe some of the business courses at CC would count for your business courses as well.

Also you need to do 16 credits at TESU to avoid the wavier. So you would have to take a 1 credit course at TESU to meet that even if the 1 credit doesn't count for anything.

Also why are you using free electives at TESU? You would be better off doing courses for your major at TESU.

Electives vould be anything you want and you'd probably already have them done with your extra CC courses or free Sophia.

So I'd plan on doing your some of your major at TESU. Plus you don't for 100% sure that all of your advanced leadership electives would work. And tesu keeps making changes. So that seems like a better place for TESU courses.

Hm, that's a good point. And I didn't know that about the 16 credits. Thank you so much for your insight!
Also if you like clep so much there is an intro to Computers clep you can do instead of sdc.

Tesu flat rate allows for 16 credits in one term and costs $5k. However you only get that rate if you take all the credits in the same term. For some people taking 5 - 6 at the same time is a lot. So something to keep in mind. And youd have to plan it so all 16 credits are available at the same time woth scheduling.
One thing to keep in mind about CLEP is that you must go to their testing centers. There may not be one near you. They may also be closed due to the pandemic. This is a problem for many people.
(05-31-2020, 06:38 PM)ss20ts Wrote: One thing to keep in mind about CLEP is that you must go to their testing centers. There may not be one near you. They may also be closed due to the pandemic. This is a problem for many people.

Yeah, all testing centers are currently closed. Most of those CLEP exams will actually fulfill reqs for my A.S., so I'm holding out until my local center is reopened to take them. Hoping online versions w/ proctoring is available soon. I won't hold my breath though haha.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 305 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 191 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 373 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 344 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 855 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,578 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 630 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts