Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA After Prison...
Forgot to ask, are you "incarcerated" or have you come out of prison already? I am just a tad confused if you're still in or out now...
Furthermore, you may want to review this: https://aplus.com/v/105020/incarcerated-...de-prison/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-30-2022, 04:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: First off, I would definitely reach out to Strayer (or at least log in to see what's what). There might be nothing you can do, but depending on your prior grades you might at least have Cs in those courses. Personally, I didn't want to deal with the final assignment for the math course I was taking, so I just... didn't do it. I still got a B.

I hear you! I was at Strayer on campus in the '90s for two semesters, and I didn't feel like finishing the final project in my databases course because I was prepping for a move and I'd already done the milestones and knew what I was doing. I ended up with a delightfully transferable C, making it an acceptable compromise.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • rachel83az
(01-30-2022, 04:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: UMPI requires you to take 30 credits with them. Most students here have been able to complete one of their degrees in 2 or 3 sessions for a total of under $5k for the whole degree. All of their credits are graded, so a single D wouldn't look as bad there as it might at TESU. But I wouldn't really worry about the Strayer grades, unless that's going to be an issue for your grad degree of choice.

Pick the degree YOU want and can afford. If you're not enthusiastic about a lib studies degree, don't do lib studies.

For UL credits, I'd mainly go with Davar and SDC. Saylor is only $5 per exam now, so you might want to try a course or two just to form your own opinion, but they're kind of iffy as far as how well the exam aligns with the course.

For whatever reason, I just completely blocked Strayer out of my head as transferrable grades and just began to look elsewhere for RA credits. Now that I see it isn't the end of the world, I will move forward with TESU.

I prayed about it and slept on it and CS is the direction I would prefer to go. I've come this far.. It's time to finish what I've started.

I was reading the mess about the exams with Saylor, smh. Disappointed but not surprised. I'll try an easy one like Intro to CS and see how it fares, thank you.

(01-30-2022, 05:14 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

You can have a great life in America making near min wage at $15 an hour however I usually advise people to get a college degree because bad things can happen such as recessions and you don't want to play a game of musical chairs where you find out there is no chair left for you. (job)

Find a degree you want, make a spreadsheet plan, then some people on the forum will review the plan.

Depending on your state law, you can get your criminal record expunged so that it won't be with you for life.

Wow... let the tears commence. Everything in Steve's video hit home because I know if it weren't for the Lord I wouldn't have made it this far.. and I'm not giving up. His ways are not my ways, and I'm so grateful for that.

I'm almost finished with my degree plan, then I'll upload it. Should I start a new thread or upload it here?

Unfortunately, federal offenses can not be expunged like state charges can. I would have to be granted a Presidential Pardon for something like that to occur. I'm not worried about it though. I used to think this was the worst that could happen to me/my family.. now I realize how wrong I was.

Thank you!

(01-30-2022, 05:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I agree, see if you can get a pardon for your criminal records... I wouldn't dwell too much on what has happened and focus on what needs to be done. You have multiple options, depending on how you work and what your interests are, plus the need/want of a degree, you can decide if a competency based degree is right for you, or an alternative test out option from the Big 3. You may want to investigate Excelsior as they take 113 credits, plus they can be NA/NCCRS credits... I suggest for now, stick with getting your general education course work done with Sophia.org courses and when you have decided on a degree/school, then take the remaining courses that will transfer to that.

Hey bj! To answer your other post, I'm home now. I was released in December.

Thank you. I will work on the pardon down the road... since it's a little wait time before I can apply lol (5 years after the completion of all court requirements).

I'm going to move forward with TESU. I think I have it all mapped out again with the different schools in place. I just double-checked and thankfully (or not), my 'D' from Strayer is in Computer Programming so that's not too hard to replace. I should be able to complete everything fairly quickly. Is it okay if I upload a degree plan for you all to review with the new changes?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 372 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 855 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 630 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 169 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,254 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,066 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BACS planing help smtGate 8 554 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Business Core questions Yenisei 8 543 12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  TESU degree planning advice or other options needthisdegree 11 648 12-05-2023, 04:31 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr