Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Anthropology/History 2019/2020
Now that my BASL in social sciences is almost behind me I will be moving forward with my next TESU goal. I will be taking classes in UL Anthropology/Archaeology via UAF and I will test out of all I can find. I will also add a history AOS to this additional degree 100% test out.

My capstone is done and I cannot test until June. However, I am in Anthro classes now via UAF and will keep going each semester. If the deadline for Anthro slips due to class availability I will drop it and run with the History BA. I'm unsure how my American History and World Civ will apply since they are already done and in my current degree.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • Kate5555
I am already moving forward with the History and Anthropology plan. I am taking an online course in Middle East history now and will begin testing in late June. I will have another BA in 2020 and my MALS in 2021/2022 unless I change programs.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • Kate5555
Your educational plans are very interesting.

I don't think you can do a BALS, a BA history and a BA anthropology all through TESU. They limit you to a BA with two areas of studies, so LS.SS would be one and either history or anthropology would be the other. Unless advising told you otherwise.

If you can make this work, you would be the first I've seen on this forum with three BA's from TESU.

Also will they make you take the capstone again for another degree?
@natshar What vetsvo has just described only leaves him with two BA degrees from TESU: his BALS-SS being the first, and a second BA with a double-AOS.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(04-07-2019, 04:42 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: @natshar What vetsvo has just described only leaves him with two BA degrees from TESU: his BALS-SS being the first, and a second BA with a double-AOS.

I understand but still don't think you can do that. I thought it was only AOS's total no matter when you earn the degree. I get the BALS.SS is the first but I didn't know you could then do a dual AOS after that, I thought you could only do one. Interesting.
(04-07-2019, 04:47 PM)natshar Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 04:42 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: @natshar What vetsvo has just described only leaves him with two BA degrees from TESU: his BALS-SS being the first, and a second BA with a double-AOS.

I understand but still don't think you can do that. I thought it was only AOS's total no matter when you earn the degree. I get the BALS.SS is the first but I didn't know you could then do a dual AOS after that, I thought you could only do one. Interesting.
There's no published policy that I'm aware of that limits how many total areas of study you can do through TESU. I have seen limits on total Bachelors degrees (2) and on areas of study in a single degree (also 2), but I've never heard of a limit on total areas of study (other than the one inherent in the prior two rules, which would be 4)
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • natshar
(04-07-2019, 04:49 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 04:47 PM)natshar Wrote:

There's no published policy that I'm aware of that limits how many total areas of study you can do through TESU. I have seen limits on total Bachelors degrees (2) and on areas of study in a single degree (also 2), but I've never heard of a limit on total areas of study (other than the one inherent in the prior two rules, which would be 4)

Very interesting. It would be great if someone could confirm this, I still don't think I've ever seen it done before on this forum.

The official policy states "Students cannot complete a third area of study within one bachelor's degree." 
I guess that is technically two degrees so it would be okay?
I have begun the process of adding my new degree plans and should have history setup soon. I will then request adding Anthropology as an additional AOS. Most of what I'm trying to do will depend on how everything works out after I receive my BA with SS AOS on June 7th.

I may also add some very specific Associate degrees that relate to my field since those classes were never used to any degree. Lower priority so I will see later.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 499 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 445 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 465 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,281 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,216 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 367 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 299 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27