Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA ENGLISH, Help with final courses, please! Eval included.
Hello all,
I need to finish this degree ASAP so please let me know if I am going about this the right way.
Regarding my evaluation are any of my "other" courses really not eligible for any of the missing criteria that I currently have?
I wish to utilize study.com as much as possible but regarding this degree what classes can I take?

These are the classes that I am missing to my knowledge, if I forgot anything please let me know or if you have any advice of any kind. My main goal is to graduate ASAP and teach English abroad in Korea. I want to take as many classes with Study.com. Please help me out!
  • Ehtics 3 SH - The Institute [Is this still a viable option?]
  • Civic Engangement 3 SH - Political Science 102: American Government [Study.com]
  • TES - 100 SH - How can this be waived through the affiliate program [Is this option also available still?]
  • LIT-205 American Literature I -
  • LIT-206 American Literature II -
  • Anal & Lit 3 SH -
  • Non Western Lit 3 SH -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • Liberal Arts Capstone 3 SH - I plan on taking this ASAP

Attached Files
.png   Current BA ENG Eval-min.png (Size: 157.03 KB / Downloads: 25)
.png   Other Courses-min.png (Size: 50.32 KB / Downloads: 14)
(11-20-2018, 07:01 PM)ricohh Wrote: Hello all,
I need to finish this degree ASAP so please let me know if I am going about this the right way.
Regarding my evaluation are any of my "other" courses really not eligible for any of the missing criteria that I currently have?
I wish to utilize study.com as much as possible but regarding this degree what classes can I take?

These are the classes that I am missing to my knowledge, if I forgot anything please let me know or if you have any advice of any kind. My main goal is to graduate ASAP and teach English abroad in Korea. I want to take as many classes with Study.com. Please help me out!
  • Civic Engangement 3 SH - Political Science 102: American Government [Study.com]
  • TES - 100 SH - How can this be waived through the affiliate program [Is this option also available still?]
  • Anal & Lit 3 SH -
  • Non Western Lit 3 SH -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -

I can't address the bulk of the BA English requirements, but I can offer the following:

The Institutes Ethics course (Ethics 312N-H) is still ACE recommended through 1/31/2019, however, it is 2 sh not 3 sh.

TES-100 can no longer be waived. It must be taken before 7/1/2019 or you'll have to pay for a full 12-week course instead of the current 2-hour one for $300. I recommend getting this out of the way early since it will enroll you and ensure you have access to academic advising for additional academic evaluations and to plan other credits.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
1. Yes, Institutes is still a valid option. There are also Study.com options if you prefer to pay to use their format instead of Institutes.
2. American Government will work for Civic Engagement
3. Cornerstone can no longer be waived.
4. Study.com's English 102: American Literature should count for LIT-205. If CLEP is an option for you, the American Literature CLEP will knock out LIT-205 and LIT-206
5. Study.com's English 103: Analyzing and Interpreting Literature should work for that category. If CLEP is an option, lots of people have passed the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP cold. Would also give you three extra credits to use in the AoS electives, if you have a spot for a LL class there.
6. Study.com's English 305: Advanced Technical Writing should give you an UL Area of Study elective. You could also use their English 101: English Literature or English 310: Short Stories for a lower level elective
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
i'm currently completing an English BA at TESU and your biggest problem is going to be finding something to fit into that non-western lit course. i ended up taking african encounters from TESU directly

your 2nd biggest problem is going to be finding enough UL credits, you need 4 courses. Coopersmith will give you 1, and Study.com will give you 1, but you'll need 2 more from somewhere. Tbh TESU may be your best bet there too.

your 3rd biggest problem will be fulfilling American Lit 2. Coopersmith offers it, or you can CLEP it.

Other than that you shouldn't have any problems at all. I can confirm personally that the 2 credit Institutes course will fulfill your Ethics requirement and American Government will fulfill the Civics requirement
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Does your degree have to be in English? Most of the time to teach abroad, you can have any kind of degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-20-2018, 07:37 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 07:01 PM)ricohh Wrote: Hello all,

• Anal & Lit 3 SH -
  • Non Western Lit 3 SH -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -
  • English Electvs 18sh -

I can't address the bulk of the BA English requirements, but I can offer the following:

The Institutes Ethics course (Ethics 312N-H) is still ACE recommended through 1/31/2019, however, it is 2 sh not 3 sh.

TES-100 can no longer be waived. It must be taken before 7/1/2019 or you'll have to pay for a full 12-week course instead of the current 2-hour one for $300. I recommend getting this out of the way early since it will enroll you and ensure you have access to academic advising for additional academic evaluations and to plan other credits.

I appreciate the input! It seems like I can't get around TES-100 as I had hoped but I'll work on both courses right away. Thanks for your help!
(11-20-2018, 07:44 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: 1. Yes, Institutes is still a valid option. There are also Study.com options if you prefer to pay to use their format instead of Institutes.
2. American Government will work for Civic Engagement
3. Cornerstone can no longer be waived.
4. Study.com's English 102: American Literature should count for LIT-205. If CLEP is an option for you, the American Literature CLEP will knock out LIT-205 and LIT-206
5. Study.com's English 103: Analyzing and Interpreting Literature should work for that category. If CLEP is an option, lots of people have passed the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP cold. Would also give you three extra credits to use in the AoS electives, if you have a spot for a LL class there.
6. Study.com's English 305: Advanced Technical Writing should give you an UL Area of Study elective. You could also use their English 101: English Literature or English 310: Short Stories for a lower level elective

Regarding #5, that LL class would be in Group 2 correct?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 725 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 234 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 272 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP