Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Mathematics Area of Study Courses
TorsMama, it is so nice to hear from another parent of a mathy child. Have you come across the materials by Art of Problem Solving? In my opinion, an excellent resource combining rigor and creativity. We use it and Khan Academy to.learn, and then tests and courses for credit.

Good luck!
I also want to get the TESU math degree so that I can transfer into a Masters track at my local B&M university who have a great math research department.

Thanks for the great information on the math specific courses.

I contacted the B&M graduate department last week asking them which electives would work best for my application. They responded I need the following :

"The website says 15 credits of math electives. We require you to have taken among the elective courses: - abstract algebra,
- advanced calculus,
- Calculus 4,
- complex variables,
- Modern Algebra, and
- topology.

Thanks.
Hope that helps."
Those are tough courses to tackle, but should be available at APU.
That topology. I like math but topology is a very difficult course.

I did find a nice resource for topology though:

http://inperc.com/wiki/index.php?title=T...llustrated

Just refresh the page if it dosen't load.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I was looking at the TESU BA Math AOS curriculum and noticed it differs from the sample math wiki. On the TESU website (https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/mathematics), math electives are now 5 required courses: Cal4, college geometry, history of math, math logic, and math modeling, leaving no room for other electives. However on the wiki were recommendations for Mat-301, Mat-303, abstract algebra, differential equations, and other Apus courses. Can someone confirm if there are any changes to the AOS electives or does the wiki need an update?

I'd rather take some mainstream math courses like differential equations, abstract algebra, and analysis than history of math and college geometry if possible.
> math electives are now 5 required courses

it doesn't say "required"
maybe they're just example courses
if they were required then by definition they couldn't be electives
The plan on TESU's site only shows you what THEY offer. You can take other courses elsewhere, so long as you meet the UL credit requirement.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-05-2022, 12:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The plan on TESU's site only shows you what THEY offer. You can take other courses elsewhere, so long as you meet the UL credit requirement.

Thanks rachel83az for pointing this out, it didn't occur to me that TESU was just suggesting a plan, I was under the impression those were required courses.
(04-05-2022, 01:22 AM)denise99 Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 12:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The plan on TESU's site only shows you what THEY offer. You can take other courses elsewhere, so long as you meet the UL credit requirement.

Thanks rachel83az for pointing this out, it didn't occur to me that TESU was just suggesting a plan, I was under the impression those were required courses.

TESU is pretty flexible - possibly the most flexible - in regards to what courses are accepted for which requirements. But they also have a really, really short list of courses that they offer themselves. At least, it is really short compared to all of the degrees that they award.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,358 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 460 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 324 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 307 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill