Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA in Liberal Arts Diploma Plan
LL- Lower Level credits. These courses have numbers in the 100, 200 ranges.
UL- Upper Level credits. These courses have numbers in the 300, 400 ranges.
At TESU, you are expected to have atleast 15 UL credits for any Bachelors degree. I believe COSC requires more.
When you see courses offered by providers like study.com, the course numbers are likely to indicate if they are UL or LL. However, this might not be applicable in all cases. For example, study.com has some ‘advanced’ 300-Level courses, which only transfer into TESU as LL courses.
I have recently completed a BA-LS & ASNSM-Math at TESU. You will find all the course names and course providers in my signature. If you like, you could try and complete these courses for your degree as well. Just bear in mind that you will need to complete the new 3-credit Cornerstone course (SOS-110) at TESU, and this would satisfy your Info Literacy requirements. You might not need to complete the Library Science course on study.com. But all of the other courses barring some of the Math courses like Calculus, Pre-calculus, or Statistics, would be helpful for BA-LS. If you are comfortable with Math, you should attempt these Math courses as well.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • BrighterFuture88
(07-17-2019, 07:15 AM)Supermind Wrote: LL- Lower Level credits. These courses have numbers in the 100, 200 ranges.
UL- Upper Level credits. These courses have numbers in the 300, 400 ranges.
At TESU, you are expected to have atleast 15 UL credits for any Bachelors degree. I believe COSC requires more.
When you see courses offered by providers like study.com, the course numbers are likely to indicate if they are UL or LL. However, this might not be applicable in all cases. For example, study.com has some ‘advanced’ 300-Level courses, which only transfer into TESU as LL courses.
I have recently completed a BA-LS & ASNSM-Math at TESU. You will find all the course names and course providers in my signature. If you like, you could try and complete these courses for your degree as well. Just bear in mind that you will need to complete the new 3-credit Cornerstone course (SOS-110) at TESU, and this would satisfy your Info Literacy requirements. You might not need to complete the Library Science course on study.com. But all of the other courses barring some of the Nath courses like Calculus, Pre-calculus, or Statistics, would be helpful for BA-LS. If you are comfortable with Math, you should attempt these Math courses as well.

Perfect!  Thank you so much for sharing that!  Based on the alternative sites that you used, were there any that you regret using for a specific course?  Math isn’t something I have ever succeeded at, but I will do whatever it takes to push through.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
If Math isn’t something you are comfortable with, try the CSM Learn course for $39. It is quite simple, and will satisfy your Quant. skills requirement. Study.com’s Geometry and College Math courses were also quite simple and straightforward. I mostly enjoyed all of the courses and their providers. Statistics on Aleks did not go well with me; it felt a bit frustrating. Saylor courses tend to be long and tedious, and their final exam questions were also wrongly worded, with wrong answer choices on more than one occasion. Also, if you are someone that likes to score points, Saylor might be a difficult option as all of your performance is essentially adjudged in the basis of one final exam. So, one bad test day could mean that you narrowly miss clearing the subject. Aleks is somewhat similar. Study.com, on the other hand, continuously assesses your learning through quizzes, writing assignments etc. So, all of your performance is not dependent on the final test.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

• BrighterFuture88
(07-17-2019, 07:45 AM)Supermind Wrote: If Math isn’t something you are comfortable with, try the CSM Learn course for $39. It is quite simple, and will satisfy your Quant. skills requirement. Study.com’s Geometry and College Math courses were also quite simple and straightforward. I mostly enjoyed all of the courses and their providers. Statistics on Aleks did not go well with me; it felt a bit frustrating. Saylor courses tend to be long and tedious, and their final exam questions were also wrongly worded, with wrong answer choices on more than one occasion. Also, if you are someone that likes to score points, Saylor might be a difficult option as all of your performance is essentially adjudged in the basis of one final exam. So, one bad test day could mean that you narrowly miss clearing the subject. Aleks is somewhat similar. Study.com, on the other hand, continuously assesses your learning through quizzes, writing assignments etc. So, all of your performance is not dependent on the final test.

Ok, great.  That’s exactly the information I needed (I know CSM was suggested on the first page, so I will definitely nab that right away with your testimony as well).  I’m going to start on my Ethics course and knock that out before I start on the TEEX courses.  Thanks again!

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
If you are doing the TEEX courses, then you might only require one more science course to satisfy your Natural Sciences requirement. I think Cybersecurity 201 transfers into TESU as a Science course. Saylor’s Molecular Biology is quite simple and straightforward.

• BrighterFuture88
(07-17-2019, 07:51 AM)Supermind Wrote: If you are doing the TEEX courses, then you might only require one more science course to satisfy your Natural Sciences requirement. I think Cybersecurity 201 transfers into TESU as a Science course. Saylor’s Molecular Biology is quite simple and straightforward.

That would be amazing if true!  When it comes to Study.com, do they have any partnering with a specific proctoring company like UProctor?  I’m assuming that I will be using a Proctor for the majority of my courses once I move over to there.

(07-17-2019, 08:17 AM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 07:51 AM)Supermind Wrote: If you are doing the TEEX courses, then you might only require one more science course to satisfy your Natural Sciences requirement. I think Cybersecurity 201 transfers into TESU as a Science course. Saylor’s Molecular Biology is quite simple and straightforward.

That would be amazing if true!  When it comes to Study.com, do they have any partnering with a specific proctoring company like UProctor?  I’m assuming that I will be using a Proctor for the majority of my courses once I move over to there.

Study.com uses RPNow for proctoring. Personally, I find RPNow to be far superior to ProctorU because you don't need to make an appointment or wait on another human, you just set up the software and go.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • BrighterFuture88
(07-17-2019, 03:21 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 08:17 AM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:

Study.com uses RPNow for proctoring. Personally, I find RPNow to be far superior to ProctorU because you don't need to make an appointment or wait on another human, you just set up the software and go.

Yeah, that’s why I thought I would ask, as I have heard not-so-good things about ProctorU compared to RPNow, so I’m thankful they are the company of choice.  Thanks for that clarification! Now, if all I have is a tablet at the moment, how does online proctoring work? Or, do I need to purchase a webcam for a desktop PC?

Unfortunately, a tablet won’t work. You need a proper computer with a web-cam.

BrighterFuture88 Wrote:Yeah, that’s why I thought I would ask, as I have heard not-so-good things about ProctorU compared to RPNow, so I’m thankful they are the company of choice.  Thanks for that clarification! Now, if all I have is a tablet at the moment, how does online proctoring work? Or, do I need to purchase a webcam for a desktop PC?

Basically, I recommend investing in a cheap laptop and monitor. You do not need to get a webcam or anything else, maybe a wireless optical mouse, other than that, it's all you need... if you're doing the "free courses", the tablet may work to review the material but not the exam.

Essentially, I do my exams on the kitchen table and just bring my old Dell laptop with a built in webcam to do my exams. If I am doing my assignments, homework, quizzes, midterms, etc, I hook that up to my old Dell monitor and work on them quickly. When you do the proctor exam, just don't use the secondary monitor.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 678 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,225 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 666 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,041 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 602 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  Excelsior---Liberal Arts Degree midnite123 5 555 10-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 356 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,548 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM