Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA of History Degree Plan
Hi All, 
I tried posting this plan directly on the thread, but it was too many characters (r.i.p.). I think it is relatively airtight, I have already taken all the CLEP/DSST/ECE/ and community college classes, and only lack the Sophia.org/Coopersmith/Study.com/TESU classes. 
I would really appreciate any and all feedback that you can provide. 
Thank you so much Smile

Attached Files
.docx   Thomas Edison Bachelor of History Degree Plan.docx (Size: 15.41 KB / Downloads: 65)
Philosophy and Environmental Science can be taken at Sophia for free right now (just have a few days left). You can probably complete them both in that time. Environmental science is faster, IMO, than philosophy. I would register for public speaking, register for environmental science; finish environmental science and register for philosophy. As long as you are registered for a Sophia course by the 31st, it'll be free. That will leave you with only 4 SDC courses to complete, saving you $140-200. 

Human Biology or Approaches to Studying Religions are also relatively quick courses to take that you could take instead of Finance at SDC for your electives.
(07-25-2020, 02:10 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Philosophy and Environmental Science can be taken at Sophia for free right now (just have a few days left). You can probably complete them both in that time. Environmental science is faster, IMO, than philosophy. I would register for public speaking, register for environmental science; finish environmental science and register for philosophy. As long as you are registered for a Sophia course by the 31st, it'll be free. That will leave you with only 4 SDC courses to complete, saving you $140-200. 

Human Biology or Approaches to Studying Religions are also relatively quick courses to take that you could take instead of Finance at SDC for your electives.
Thank you Rachel!
I would pretend someone is sticking a gun to your head and hit Sophia hard like your life depended on it. Forget the videos, just skim through the text and get the answers as fast as posisable. It's free for just a few more days. You can always download the pdf's and learn it again slowly once you passed the course.

Then finish up with Study.com. Don't take our word for it that these courses will come in as UL or fit within your program. Confirm with TESU before starting with Study.com because things can change month by month.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • dfrecore, rachel83az
(07-25-2020, 12:56 PM)Brichinica Wrote: Hi All, 
I tried posting this plan directly on the thread, but it was too many characters (r.i.p.). I think it is relatively airtight, I have already taken all the CLEP/DSST/ECE/ and community college classes, and only lack the Sophia.org/Coopersmith/Study.com/TESU classes. 
Thank you so much Smile
I am also working towards completing my BA in History at TESU. How was the History UL Coopersmith course?  I am planning to take it at some point.
Thank you so much Smile

RE: 
a.      Knowledge of Human Cultures (Humanities) 12 cr. Needed.
                                                               i.     Filled by Social Sciences and History CLEP 6 cr.
                                                             ii.     Filled by Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 3 cr.
                                                            iii.     Filled by Human and Cultural Geography DSST 3 cr.

Has TESU already transcripted your CLEP exams?  Analyzing and Interpreting Literature comes through at 6 credits.  (LIT-291 Analysis & Interpretation of Literature AND LIT-292, Analysis & Interpretation of Literature II)

You then have Human and Cultural Geography that TESU might put into the General Electives and potentially save you a Study.com class.

Agree with the advice to use Sophia like you had days left to live.....
(07-27-2020, 10:56 AM)BrianFallon Wrote:
Thank you so much Smile

RE: 

Has TESU already transcripted your CLEP exams?  Analyzing and Interpreting Literature comes through at 6 credits.  (LIT-291 Analysis & Interpretation of Literature AND LIT-292, Analysis & Interpretation of Literature II)

You then have Human and Cultural Geography that TESU might put into the General Electives and potentially save you a Study.com class.

Thank you Brian! That would be great if Analyzing and Interpreting Literature came in at 6. Thanks!

(07-25-2020, 11:30 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
Thank you so much Smile
I am also working towards completing my BA in History at TESU. How was the History UL Coopersmith course?  I am planning to take it at some point.
I haven't taken that course yet, but when I do I will let you know Smile
(07-27-2020, 02:48 PM)Brichinica Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 10:56 AM)BrianFallon Wrote:
Thank you so much Smile

RE: 

Thank you Brian! That would be great if Analyzing and Interpreting Literature came in at 6. Thanks!

[quote pid='314173' dateline='1595737840']
(07-25-2020, 12:56 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
I tried posting
 this plan directly on the thread, but it was too many characters (r.i.p.). I think it is relatively airtight, I have already taken all the CLEP/DSST/ECE/ and community college classes, and only lack the Sophia.org/Coopersmith/Study.com/TESU classes. 
Thank you so much Smile
I haven't taken that course yet, but when I do I will let you know Smile
[/quote]

It came in at 6 CR for me - and it was transcripted on 04/28/2020.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 80 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 593 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,166 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,905 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 211 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 204 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,152 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 187 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,305 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM