Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA psychology
(12-03-2018, 08:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Note: Your Capstone is not included in this 18, so in total, a minimum of 21 credits are UL.

The Capstone IS included in this 18. Only 15 additional UL are needed.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(12-03-2018, 07:50 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 06:44 PM)Supermind Wrote: In my academic evaluation, there are three electives sections:
Gen-Ed electives (18) , AOS electives (6) & Additional Electives (21).
Two of my UL courses have been included as AOS electives. One other course has been included in the requirements section. I am presuming the 4th will come as an additional elective.

My understanding is this:

If your AOS electives are full, GenEd electives should be next on the hierarchy UNLESS you have a Knowledge of Human Cultures slot available, in which case that particular course should go there. If both Knowledge of Human Cultures and GenEd electives are full, then it will go in Additional Electives.

So basically there's no way to have Organizational Theory, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, and Psychology of Personality all count towards your UL requirement.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

(12-03-2018, 06:47 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 06:44 PM)Supermind Wrote: In my academic evaluation, there are three electives sections:
Gen-Ed electives (18) , AOS electives (6) & Additional Electives (21).
Two of my UL courses have been included as AOS electives. One other course has been included in the requirements section. I am presuming the 4th will come as an additional elective.

It needs to be in the AOS electives section if you want to use it for UL credits. Pretty much any Psychology course can be included here though, it shouldn't fall into section III / other electives unless there is no better match elsewhere.

If it is slotted in section III, you can always challenge and ask for it to be moved to AOS electives.

The reason it wouldn't count towards his AOS electives is because he's already filled both slots (there are only 2 AOS elective slots for Psychology). Sure, the new class could replace one of the ones currently there but that doesn't help him as that would be replacing UL with more UL. Unless you can get TESU to allow additional AOS electives beyond the normal two (which seems extremely unlikely to me)

My Gen-Ed is partially full, and Knowledge of human cultures (12) is available. If they can push Intro to psychology to human cultures section, and accommodate I/O Psychology in the AOS, that might be very helpful.

(12-03-2018, 08:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Supermind Wrote:I/O Psychology transfers into TESU as an UL course.

Oh poopers, yeah, that was a typo on my part. What I wanted to elaborate on is this...
See below: You need 18 UL credits total, it doesn't really matter which ones you choose from.
Note: Your Capstone is not included in this 18, so in total, a minimum of 21 credits are UL.

II. Area of Study: Psychology 39
A. Required Courses 30

Introduction to Psychology
Research in Experimental Psychology
Social Psychology
History and Systems of Psychology
Physiological Psychology
Developmental Psychology
Abnormal Psychology
Statistics
Ethics in the Social Sciences

Psychology Electives* 6

Adolescent Psychology
Child Psychology
Cognitive Psychology
Educational Psychology
Forensic Psychology Relations
Group Dynamics
Humanistic Psychology
Organizational Behavior
Personality
Psychology of Addiction
Psychology of Adulthood
Psychology of Aging
Psychology of Death & Dying
Psychology of Learning
Psychology of Love & Interpersonal
Psychology of Minority Experience
Sensation & Perception
Tests and Measurements

III. Electives 21

Basically, grab 18 UL credits that will fit into Required Courses/Psychology Electives.
Use any Saylor.org course you haven't taken and have that moved to your Gen Ed or Free Electives
In total, you can use pretty much anything they offer to get you the 17 GE +21 FE credits required.
You should create a spreadsheet or grab the one I have on post #27/28, stick everything you want to work on into it.
Then, you won't have to worry about picking/choosing a course, you'll already have a plan and get it done promptly.

Thanks bjcheung. I am about to complete a few courses this week. I actually have a spreadsheet modeled after yours. I will put all these courses and post it here for all of you to comment. I think that might give a clearer picture of my situation.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(12-03-2018, 09:23 PM)Supermind Wrote: My Gen-Ed is partially full, and Knowledge of human cultures (12) is available. If they can push Intro to psychology to human cultures section, and accommodate I/O Psychology in the AOS, that might be very helpful.

If they push Intro to Psychology to the Knowledge of Human Cultures then you would be missing that requirement in the Area of Study
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
BA General Education (60 SH) (In progress)

A: IntellctSkills 15 SH (In progress)
For TESU course options, go to Intellectual and Practical Skills Course s

SH Earned: 6

ENC-101 3 SH (Not started) Scheduled for Jan 2019
English Composition I
Source Course Title Term Grade SH TESU # Notes
______ _______________ _________________________ __________ _______ _______ __________
3 credits needed
ENC-102 3 SH (Not started) Scheduled for Jan 2019
English Composition II
______ _______________ _________________________ __________ _______ _______ __________
3 credits needed
Oral Communication 3 SH (Not started) Will complete this week. [SDC- Comm. in workplace]
3 credits needed
Quantitative Literacy 3 SH (Complete)
1 MAT-121 College Algebra 09/18/18 CR 3.00 MAT-121
*NE
Information Literacy 3 SH (Complete)
1 LIS-102 Information Literacy 11/23/18 CR 3.00 LIS-102
*NE
B: Civic Learning 9 SH (In progress)
For TESU course options, go to Civic and Global Leadership Courses< /a>

SH Earned: 5

Diversity 3 SH (Complete) I plan to complete Intro to World Religions this week. I would like this comparative politics course to cover my civic engagement requirements.
1 POS-282 Intro to Comparative Politics 11/14/18 CR 3.00 POS-282
*NE
Ethics 3 SH (Complete)
!! Exception Course satisfied required (2SH Required)
1 PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional 09/15/18 CR 2.00 PHI-384
*NE
Civic Engagement 3 SH (Not started) [Move Com. Pol. here]
3 credits needed

C: Human Cultures 12 SH (In progress)

SH Earned: 5
Required: 12
Remaining: 7
1 HUM-101 Intro Hum I: Philos. Thought 09/18/18 CR 1.00 HUM-101
*NE
1 SOC-273 American Society I 09/18/18 CR 3.00 SOC-273
*NE
1 SOS-240 Conflict Resolution 09/19/18 CR 1.00 SOS-240
*NE
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
1 credit needed

D: Natural World 4 SH (Complete)

1 BIO-101 Introductory Biology 11/13/18 CR 3.00 BIO-101
*NE
1 NAS-131 Physical Science I 09/08/18 CR 3.00 NAS-131
*NE

E: GE Electives 20 SH (In progress)

SH Earned: 1

TES-100 1 SH (Completed)
Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies
3 TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning 2018DEC ___ ( 1.00)

Additional General Education Electives 19 SH (Not started)

!! Exception Excess credits in Nat World; shortage in ETH (18SH Required)
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed

2: Psychology (36SH: 15SH must be upper level) (In progress)

SH Earned: 18 GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000 Complete all 10 subrequirements:

A: Introduction 3 SH (Complete)

SH Earned: 3

Group 1 (Complete)
1 PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology 10/15/18 CR 3.00 PSY-101
*NE

B: Experimental 3 SH (Not started)

PSY-322 Research in Experimental Psychology [Scheduled for Jan 2019]
3 credits needed

C: Social Psych 6 SH (In progress)
PSY-379 Social Psychology

SH Earned: 3

Group 2 (In progress)

1 PSY-237 Intro to Social Psychology I 10/14/18 CR 3.00 PSY-237
*NE
3 credits

D: History/Systems 3 SH (Complete)

2 PSY-400 History & Sys. of Psychology 11/18/18 CR 3.00 PSY-400
*NE

E: Physiological 3 SH (Not started)
PSY-374 Physiological Psychology
3 credits needed

F: Developmental 3 SH (Complete)

PSY-211 Developmental Psychology
1 PSY-210 Human Growth & Development 10/15/18 CR 3.00 PSY-210
*NE

G: Abnormal 3 SH (Not started)

PSY-350 Abnormal Psychology [Planning for Uexcel exam]

3 credits needed

H: Ethics Soc Sci 3 SH (Not started)
Ethics in the Social Sciences [SDC- to complete this week]
3 credits needed

I: Statistics 3 SH (Not started)

STA-201 Principles of Statistics [Aleks- scheduled for Feb 2019]

3 credits needed

J: AOS Electives 6 SH (Complete)

**At least 15 of the 36 credits required within the entire Area of Study must be at the 300/400 level .**

Group 1 (Complete)

1 PSY-360 Organizational Theory 11/26/18 CR 3.00 PSY-360
*NE
Group 2 (Complete)

2 PSY-352 Psychology of Personality 11/11/18 CR 3.00 PSY-352
*NE

3: Liberal Arts Capstone (3 SH) (Not started)

For TESU course options, go to LIB-495 Liberal Arts Cap stone Course

3 credits needed

4: Electives (21SH) (In progress)

For TESU course options, go to Elective Courses
SH Earned: 8
Required: 21
Remaining: 13

1 CAP-295 Intro to Security Basics 09/16/18 CR 2.00 CAP-295
*NE
1 CIS-244 Computer Security 09/20/18 CR 2.00 CIS-244
*NE
1 CYB-120 Introduction to Cybersecurity 09/24/18 CR 2.00 CYB-120
*NE
1 HRM-299 Special Topics in H R M 09/19/18 CR 1.00 HRM-299
*NE
1 FIS-291 Intro to Fire Safety Education 09/21/18 CR 1.00 FIS-291
*NE
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
1 credit needed

I thought I might just post my academic evaluation here, for you all to see. My comments/time schedules for completion of courses are in brackets. I plan to schedule a meeting with an academic advisor. But if you could all help me with suggestions that I can offer during my meeting with the advisor, that might be very helpful.

In the worst case, I might have to opt for two Uexcel exams- Abnormal Psychology & Social Psychology. And this is the decision I need to make within the next 10 days or so. Bcos I am studying for Advanced Social Psychology course on SDC at the moment. I haven't yet given the test. Should I refrain from testing for this topic, and just decide to do the Uexcel test? Whatever I have studied might serve as a good prep for that.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

I'm pretty sure they'll allow you to give up free elective space to add UL to your Psych AOS space. Make a phone call or send and email to advising.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-04-2018, 04:36 AM)jsd Wrote: I'm pretty sure they'll allow you to give up free elective space to add UL to your Psych AOS space. Make a phone call or send and email to advising.

Thank you. Will do.

Update on my situation: So far, two emails from advising seem to suggest that nothing can be done to accommodate I/O Psychology (PSY-401), even though it is UL. But I am requesting them to somehow help me accommodate this course and meet my 12 AOS credit requirement. Any added suggestions? What do I tell them?

Did you specifically ask if you could add it as an additional AOS elective by giving up 3 free elective hours (giving you an overage in AOS electives)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-06-2018, 02:15 PM)jsd Wrote: Did you specifically ask if you could add it as an additional AOS elective by giving up 3 free elective hours (giving you an overage in AOS electives)

I have. They are yet to reply to that email.

I think they initially got a bit confused if I am suggesting that the I/O course be used in lieu of some other AOS requirement like research methods or abnormal psychology. I had to clarify that I do not intend to supplant any other course with this. I do plan on completing all of the other courses. It is just that if this goes through, I will only need to look for one more UL option. If not, I need to look for two.

They have ruled out any possibility of including I/O Psychology. This makes things difficult for me. I now need two more upper level credits either through Uexcel, TECEP or study.com. Please suggest options.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 517 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,290 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 374 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27