Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BACS ASNSM
Hello everyone!

Does my planning look correct? Any tips? Gotchas?

PDF attached below.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files
.pdf   bacs asnsm math tesu..pdf (Size: 109.62 KB / Downloads: 25)
CS 105 Operating Systems would be a lot easier and quicker. CS 305 comes in LL at TESU with the same course number as CS105.

For the ASNSM you have College Algebra listed twice as it's also in the General Ed. You could take CMS Learn Quantitative Reasoning.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
Thanks for spotting that 2x algebra. I've made the change.
As far as CS105 or CS305, I'm kinda indifferent right now. Extra challenge for CS AOS's are not unwelcomed at this point. But thanks for pointing out that option.

I suppose as far as RA credits, not being in the US, seems like the easiest option is TEL Learning. Is that correct?
(12-08-2022, 03:51 PM)zolpgree Wrote: Thanks for spotting that 2x algebra. I've made the change.
As far as CS105 or CS305, I'm kinda indifferent right now. Extra challenge for CS AOS's are not unwelcomed at this point. But thanks for pointing out that option.

I suppose as far as RA credits, not being in the US, seems like the easiest option is TEL Learning. Is that correct?

The absolute "easiest" option is a LL TECEP exam; they don't count towards residency, but they do count towards RA.  LL ones are $50/cr I think, so $150 each.  MAT-105: Applied Liberal Arts Math and CIS-107: Computer Concepts & Applications are the 2 easiest ones (I took 5).  For someone getting a BACS, College Algebra and Stats would probably also be easy; English Comp I & II should be fairly easy if you're fluent, and a good typist; I thought ENG-201: Tech Writing was reasonably easy as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • zolpgree
Do I need to be enrolled to take a TECEP exam? Are there any other fees? Microeconomics/College Algebra/Static would be viable options.
(12-11-2022, 04:39 PM)zolpgree Wrote: Do I need to be enrolled to take a TECEP exam? Are there any other fees? Microeconomics/College Algebra/Static would be viable options.

You don't have to be, but you want to be. You can pay the $50 application fee, then the act of signing up for the TECEP will cause you to be enrolled. Once enrolled, you can freely send in transcripts for transfer credits and have them evaluated for inclusion in your degree program.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • zolpgree
I just finished American Government thorugh TEL and it was a good experience. At this point, since I'm already familiar with the platform and the pricing of both credits are similar, I'll probably just stick with TEL. It's good to know about the TECEPS option though, I wasn't aware of it.
Another option for "RA credit" at TESU, especially for the Comp Sci degree, would be to take about 30 free/cheap ECTS from a Finnish university. This would be about 15-ish US credits, once evaluated by ACEI. Get the rest of the necessary credits with a flat-rate 16-credit term at TESU, to avoid paying the residency waiver. This would be way, way cheaper than TEL Learning.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • zolpgree
That is an interesting option, but how hard is it to "validate" those credits with a US institution later on? Now using credly, it seems so easy to just add another badge and not deal with transcripts and stuff. Quite frankly I have very little domain knowledge about how all of that works yet, I'm just taking courses and getting badges.

As far as TEL being expensive, I'll only need 5 courses to obtain 15 RA credits, the remaining 16 will come from TESU. so 15/3 = 5 courses * 200 usd = 1000$ for TEL courses. How much cheaper would it really be to through the Finnish University path? Is it worth the trouble?

Thanks for the information btw!
The Finnish university credits can be "more valid" than Credly badges, at least. Not all US universities accept credit from places like Sophia. Slightly more universities are going to be inclined to accept foreign credits over ACE/NCCRS credits.

As for costs, that depends. ACEI charges $200 for the first evaluation. This can be for any number of credits at a single university. Each subsequent evaluation is $100. If one does only free credits at a single university, the total cost is only $200. It is possible to get all of the "RA credit" one needs this way, resulting in a savings of $800. If one does the 579€ package at Metropolia, it'd be about $600 for the credits + $200 for the evaluation. Still a $200 savings vs. TEL.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, zolpgree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 776 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 365 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy