Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BACS & BSBA CIS at the same time?
@inf, it depends on what you have completed for the BACS and which catalog year you're on. If you're on the 2022 and later, you only need the 4 extra courses *IF* you've taken the BSBA core as part of your BACS free electives. This plan on the wiki is for someone starting from scratch and planning from the beginning... if you've already got 90 college credits that are random classes, then the plan will still work, but you'll need more classes to hit the requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • inf
The way I try to tell people how to plan degrees is to do what you need to do to hit the fork in the road, then make the final decision of what to do next.

So, for example, with pretty much any TESU degree.

Step 1: Complete General Ed. Requirements
Then make the final decision about what major you are going for.

Step2: Do the required courses for the major
Then make the final decision if you want any additional degrees.

Step3: Do the free electives that help fill in degree requirements for additional degrees
Then make the final decision if you want an associate's or bachelor's degree or both. 

The Double Degree Plan is set up to give you a free associate's degree in business without having to do any additional courses. 

Though, if you want a bachelor's degree in business, it would only require 4 extra courses, which can be easily done in less than a month. (+ the capstone)

Also the assoicates degree in math only requires one additional course, the college mathematics CLEP.

TESU has the what-if tool to plan degrees, so it should tell you what courses you need. You can post a pdf of it here, and we can verify what courses you need.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Arto, gamebradie
(09-27-2022, 01:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 12:14 AM)LevelUP Wrote: You need 18 UL credits in your AOS

MIS Study.com
Database Management Study.com
Systems Analysis Study.com
Computer Architecture Study.com
TECEP Networking or TESU course
Capstone TESU course

Another possibility for the BACS to get to 18 UL credits is to have an UL credit in your Additional AOS electives. That should be covered by the SAS Advanced Programmer Professional Certificate. Or take the IBM Full Stack one and the CLD-420 should go into regular AOS electives.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

Either Coursera cert may be a significant time investment, but probably not as much as trying to pass the Networking TECEP!

For the last UL for the BA CS, could it be in the Part C (The Math/Science slot)?  Could you take the course at Coopersmith: Concepts in Math & Quantitative Analysis (MAT-301) which reportedly comes in as
MAT-303 Quantitative Business Analysis?  Then take the just take the LL software engineering course via study.com?
(09-26-2022, 10:32 PM)CanICode Wrote: Okay, I have been trying to find this answer, have read the combo degree plan, and have read a bunch of threads. I still cannot seem to understand if this is possible. I want to take the TESU BACS and do just the 6 minimum credits. I want to pay the residency fee. I don't care about saving that small amount to take other classes. I would rather just focus on those two classes, graduate with As, and then move on with the rest of my plan. Can I also do the BSBA CIS along side this degree and transfer in all the courses? Will I have a capstone I have to do for this degree as well? A cornerstone?

Is it possible to do a double bachelors degree from TESU and still only do the minimum 6 credits?

Thank you.

It is completely possible. I am doing it right now - I just formally began with TESU back in August, and I will be done with both in April '23. There is another thread here on Degree Forum dedicted to this specific topic. If you have any questions I would be happy to share my experiences so far, and my progress.

(09-27-2022, 12:20 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, yes to everything, and you have 1 cornerstone for both degrees, 2 capstones... Just follow the WIKI. 
Just in case you missed it, here's a post of mine: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid376723 
I responded back to your inquiry into TECEPs too... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid378356

And the kicker is... anyone who does the edx micro master can get the SOS 110 transferred in...
Thus, only two capstones required at TESU will net anyone a BSBA CIS and BACS double degree.
Both the BSBA CIS and BACS will require 18 upper level credits in the Area of Study...

Out of State - Residency Waiver - TESU Fees
App: $50
Grad: $298
Edx SOS-110 $498
Capstone: $1,605
Residency: $3,288
Sub Total: $5,739
Add second Capstone: $1,605
Total: $7,344

You may want to read the entire thread... Costs Reference: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid376838

Bummer on the SOS 110 - I just took it from August through Oct. and paid the $1,600 for it. Everything else corresponds to my experience. Except that the Advising Dept. will insist that you can't do it, until you actually insist - then all of a sudden it's doable.

(09-30-2022, 11:20 AM)davewill Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 07:11 AM)spohara Wrote: And I will admit, my perception of a BS over BA is a bit of conjecture on my part.  My first reaction to a BA in CS was "that's not how CS works".  Maybe most employers don't have the same opinion.  TBH I don't know exactly what most people want to do with their BACS or if it matters.  I know for me it definitely doesn't or I wouldn't be doing the program.  I do know it is less rigorous than most, but again, you can fill in the skills gap by independent learning if employers don't care.  It's just a piece of paper after all.

It really shouldn't matter, and nobody has ever said anything to me. They only difference (if there actually is one) would be a little more emphasis on liberal arts courses, which honestly, more engineers could use. You still have to have all of the same math and subject area coursework. As pointed out above, most career websites don't allow the distinction to be entered.

I do recall a friend of mine getting hassled over having a BACS by Qualcomm after they had already made an offer. So weird as he had 20+ years experience. They did end up hiring him.

Of course they're a strange bunch, anyway. They were the ones that started me on my degree journey when they rescinded a consulting contract after HR reviewed it and found I didn't have a degree. They couldn't even be bothered to notify me, they just ghosted me. I had to keep calling the hiring manager asking for my start date until they finally told me. Pissed me off, so I decided to do something about it.

Many companies actually prefer a liberal arts major backed up by the relevent cs classes.
(09-27-2022, 12:20 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, yes to everything, and you have 1 cornerstone for both degrees, 2 capstones... Just follow the WIKI. 
Just in case you missed it, here's a post of mine: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid376723 
I responded back to your inquiry into TECEPs too... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid378356

And the kicker is... anyone who does the edx micro master can get the SOS 110 transferred in...
Thus, only two capstones required at TESU will net anyone a BSBA CIS and BACS double degree.
Both the BSBA CIS and BACS will require 18 upper level credits in the Area of Study...

Edx SOS-110 $498

You may want to read the entire thread... Costs Reference: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid376838
In other words, for BA CS only, you can transfer 117 BA CS credits to TESU (This includes 3cr Edx SOS-1100 course, alternative credits and required RAs), take just the 3cr Capstone at TESU, pay the residency waiver and graduation fee, and you graduate. Super!
(07-10-2023, 06:36 PM)evenFair23 Wrote:

Edx SOS-110 $498

In other words, for BA CS only, you can transfer 117 BA CS credits to TESU (This includes 3cr Edx SOS-1100 course, alternative credits and required RAs), take just the 3cr Capstone at TESU, pay the residency waiver and graduation fee, and you graduate. Super!

That's correct! If you want to pay the residency waiver that is, some people like to get RA credit and graded ones just in case they want to bump up their GPA a little bit more than it currently is at, it's really all personal preference, and of course their budget/commitments and other various variables in play...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 3 61 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,558 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 505 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,325 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 401 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az