Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS 2018 - All Online
Hello all, 

I am a longtime lurker with few posts. Making my second attempt.
First, I'd like to just say thanks to all of the regular and irregular members of this board for providing invaluable help to me already. Thank you!

I'm uploading my degree plan for TESU BALS to get some eyes on it and see if it looks like it might make the grade or if anything needs/ought to be shifted around. My priority with the incomplete credits is cheapest/easiest/fastest in roughly that order. I don't have much of a mind for science/math/business classes and was planning to use SHMOOP until recently.

Additional thanks to kphung29, whose degree plan I used as a template for my own.

.pdf   2018 TESU BALS - 2018 TESU BALS (1).pdf (Size: 31.08 KB / Downloads: 183)
You're welcome! Thanks to dfrecore for creating the spreadsheet template I used to add the recommended courses for kphung29.

Wow! Just wow! You've become the lurking degree planning master! I guess you read through the Beginner's Guide, the Wiki and forum
advice to come up with an awesome and concise degree plan... Good Job!

Guess what, there are no mistakes I can see and it uses the Big 3 providers that I recommend... Saylor/SL/Study.com

There are a few questions: 1) Are you more into Humanities or Social Sciences?
2) For your BALS, are you going for No Concentration, HUM or SS?
3) When are you going to take the LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone?
4) What is the time frame you're looking at to finish the degree?

My recommendation is to switch your classes, since you're looking for a mix of cheap/easy/fast.
1) Change SL Intro to Comm to Study.com Presentation Skills - course can be completed faster than Info Literacy.
2) Change SL Student Success with Sophia Ancient Greek Philosophers (switch to UOPhoenix, use coupon HALFOFF)
The reason is, it's a waste of such a class, and because I see you switched the Criminal Justice course with Philosophy

Other than that, great job in using all three ACE options!
They are in fact, my only recommended providers as Davar is using NCCRS.
Good luck and again, you're welcome, we're always here to help.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(07-08-2018, 04:14 AM)seaweedhead Wrote: Hello all, 

I am a longtime lurker with few posts. Making my second attempt.
First, I'd like to just say thanks to all of the regular and irregular members of this board for providing invaluable help to me already. Thank you!

I'm uploading my degree plan for TESU BALS to get some eyes on it and see if it looks like it might make the grade or if anything needs/ought to be shifted around. My priority with the incomplete credits is cheapest/easiest/fastest in roughly that order. I don't have much of a mind for science/math/business classes and was planning to use SHMOOP until recently.

Additional thanks to kphung29, whose degree plan I used as a template for my own.

Cybesecurity for Business Professionals (TEEX) can really be transferred in under "Understanding the Physical & Natural World"?
GOAL 
University: UMPI
Degree: BLS Project Management
COMPLETED CREDITS 56/120
Rowan College @ BC | English Comp. I (3 cr.)
The Institutes | 312N-H Ethics  (2cr.)
Study.com | Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace (3 cr.)
ALEKS | College Algebra (3 cr.)
NFA | Q0118 - Community Safety Educators  (1 cr.)
TEEX | Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301 (6cr.)
Sophia | Principles of Finance, Art History II, U.S. History I, Intro. to Nutrition, Art History 1, Environmental Science, Intro to Web Development, Approaches to Studying Religion, Visual Communications, Intro. To Information Technologies, Intro. to Business, Ancient Greek Philosophy, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict  (38 cr.)
(07-09-2018, 04:30 AM)ISKBizz15 Wrote: Cybesecurity for Business Professionals (TEEX) can really be transferred in under "Understanding the Physical & Natural World"?

TESU will take Computer Science courses in the Natural Sciences area.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ISKBizz15
I already have a Sophia account and it won't allow me to use the Univ Phoenix link to get the coupon for the Greek phil course. How is everyone managing to do it?

(08-23-2018, 06:14 PM)Mab81 Wrote: I already have a Sophia account and it won't allow me to use the Univ Phoenix link to get the coupon for the Greek phil course. How is everyone managing to do it?

I made a second Sophia account on the phoenix.sophia site in order to do the free foundations courses. You can still have all your Sophia courses from different "Sophia accounts" sent to the same ace transcript.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore