Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS CIS?
Ok,

Somehow I got the idea I could complete a BALS CIS at TESU, but a Senior Academic Advisor said there is no such thing. I am not interested in the BSBA-CIS at all as I would lose too many credits from my AAS in Nursing. My entire degree drops into the BALS, but I am extremely interested in a CIS AOS, but would want my degree to indicate that. 

Any thoughts?
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(04-21-2020, 03:23 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: Ok,

Somehow I got the idea I could complete a BALS CIS at TESU, but a Senior Academic Advisor said there is no such thing. I am not interested in the BSBA-CIS at all as I would lose too many credits from my AAS in Nursing. My entire degree drops into the BALS, but I am extremely interested in a CIS AOS, but would want my degree to indicate that. 

Any thoughts
At TESU if you get any degree the diploma will just say "Bachelor of Arts" or whatever. So it won't matter what degree major or concentration you get. You can still put the CIS concentration on a resume.
You could also get the certificate in CIS:https://www.tesu.edu/business/computer-i...on-systems
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • AwardTour, cwendy111
You can get a BALS and add the Undergrad cert in CIS. The courses will actually work in your AOS, if they are CIS- or COS- courses (which I think they all are).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cwendy111
Hmm, the TESU advisor is correct... There is no BALS with CIS, but there is a BALS with a Computer Science concentration. If you're going for a few CIS courses, it'll fall into a BALS with NSM (Natural Science & Math concentration). To further establish yourself, you can get a CIS certificate & a CS certificate if you're into Comp Science. Essentially, it's most ideal to get a BALS NSM & CIS Cert...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cwendy111
I’m about ready to pull the plug on the BSN for now. It’s just sooooo far away, so traditional, so PRICEY. Maybe I can do it after I get SOME degree. I requested transcripts to WGU. I hear their program is meant for people like us who like to work in their own time.

Still don’t have the BALS eval. The advisor said he sent it but I can only see the BSIT and BSN in there. Will circle back in the am.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

(04-21-2020, 11:17 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: I’m about ready to pull the plug on the BSN for now. It’s just sooooo far away, so traditional, so PRICEY. Maybe I can do it after I get SOME degree. I requested transcripts to WGU. I hear their program is meant for people like us who like to work in their own time.

Still don’t have the BALS eval. The advisor said he sent it but I can only see the BSIT and BSN in there. Will circle back in the am.

Question... If I take a math course, will they automatically move the CSM Learn course to satisfy Statistics req (assuming I stay in BSN program), or do I have to request it? I’m so over Statistics

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
Finally got the BALS back. 

Eval attached for BSN, and BALS. BSN: 74 applied, 46 remaining. BALS: 70/50 They excluded 4 SH they allowed on the BSN. Not sure why. 
HRM-215 Leadership CR1.00 HRM-215*
NE2CYB-121 Legal Aspects of Cybersecurity CR2.00 CYB-121*
NE4APS-100 Medical Terminology CR1.00

They also removed my CSM learn from the Quant Lit on the BALS. They put 2 cr for TEEX Cyber Ethics in Ethics req and moved my The Institutes cr into electives somewhere.

I couldn't find the BALS NSM on TESU site. I figured I could drop the whole CIS Cert in my Upper electives if I go the BALS route. Can I do that?

Attached Files
.pdf   BALS Eval 4.22.pdf (Size: 222.04 KB / Downloads: 22)
.pdf   TESU BSN 4.20.pdf (Size: 244.13 KB / Downloads: 12)

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
(04-22-2020, 05:55 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: Finally got the BALS back. 

Eval attached for BSN, and BALS. BSN: 74 applied, 46 remaining. BALS: 70/50 They excluded 4 SH they allowed on the BSN. Not sure why. 
HRM-215 Leadership CR1.00 HRM-215*
NE2CYB-121 Legal Aspects of Cybersecurity CR2.00 CYB-121*
NE4APS-100 Medical Terminology CR1.00

They also removed my CSM learn from the Quant Lit on the BALS. They put 2 cr for TEEX Cyber Ethics in Ethics req and moved my The Institutes cr into electives somewhere.

I couldn't find the BALS NSM on TESU site. I figured I could drop the whole CIS Cert in my Upper electives if I go the BALS route. Can I do that?

So for the BALS, they have a particular way in which they put your credits:
1) BALS AOS courses
2) Specific requirements
3) GE Electives
4) Free Electives

I would leave the ethics as is, that's fine (you'll need to make up that extra credit in the GE Electives area, which is fine.
I would have them move the CSM course back to Quant Lit

Then, HEA, NUR, HRM, CYB, and APS are all non-GE courses that only work in Free Electives, which you've maxed out on.  You can get the entire remaining GE credits using Sophia, except Civics.  I'd do that plus your UL through Study.com, since you'll then get a discount on your cornerstone and capstone.

Here's the list of remaining Sophia courses that you can use:

AREA A
ORAL COMMUNICATION: Public Speaking

AREA B
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP: Intro to Ethics
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT: NOT AVAILABLE

AREA C
Art History I & II
Conflict Resolution
Visual Communications
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Macro & Microeconomics
US History I & II

Approaches to Studying Religions

GE ELECTIVES
Environmental Science
Intro to IT

Anything above which hasn’t been used
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for your analysis. I don't understand the rules for some of these Areas. I thought all courses were Liberal Studies courses. Silly me. I found a link that explains it better than I understood it to be. I guess that eliminates the free TEEX UL Cyber 201, 301 courses. Argh! Rules!!! 

AREA A
ENROLLED

AREA B   
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP: complete Seems the CYB Ethics was excused as an Ethics course. 
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT: NOT AVAILABLE - American Government for (ICC)

AREA C I don't understand the rules here. Conflict Res went to Cultural Diversity. BEH -232 Human Development went to Liberal Studies instead of here. I don't know why
Art History I & II
Conflict Resolution Placed in AREA B Diversity section
Visual Communications
Macro & Microeconomics
US History I & II

GE ELECTIVES 
Environmental Science
Intro to IT Already completed with Sophia, haven't submitted ACE transcript yet

Anything above which hasn’t been used - Have Sophia Stats I'm hoping to wrap up this week. 

(04-21-2020, 11:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, the TESU advisor is correct... There is no BALS with CIS, but there is a BALS with a Computer Science concentration.  If you're going for a few CIS courses, it'll fall into a BALS with NSM (Natural Science & Math concentration).  To further establish yourself, you can get a CIS certificate & a CS certificate if you're into Comp Science.  Essentially, it's most ideal to get a BALS NSM & CIS Cert...

I finally found the BALS NSM in the BALS concentrations section. Thanks! I was looking for it in the main "What you can study" degree page list. According to this list of qualified Natural Science courses, "Understanding the Natural and Physical World" category I am golden!!!! I think I'm getting the hang of this now after looking at his list. It contains plenty of CIS and COS courses. CYB may be excluded, but I will find out for sure. BUt I have plenty to work with otherwise. towards my goal. I'm like 90% decided at this point...

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
(04-22-2020, 08:45 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: ______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for your analysis. I don't understand the rules for some of these Areas. I thought all courses were Liberal Studies courses. Silly me. I found a link that explains it better than I understood it to be. I guess that eliminates the free TEEX UL Cyber 201, 301 courses. Argh! Rules!!! 

AREA A
ENROLLED

AREA B   
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP: complete Seems the CYB Ethics was excused as an Ethics course. 
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT: NOT AVAILABLE - American Government for (ICC)

AREA C I don't understand the rules here. Conflict Res went to Cultural Diversity. BEH -232 Human Development went to Liberal Studies instead of here. I don't know why
Art History I & II
Conflict Resolution Placed in AREA B Diversity section
Visual Communications
Macro & Microeconomics
US History I & II

GE ELECTIVES 
Environmental Science
Intro to IT Already completed with Sophia, haven't submitted ACE transcript yet

Anything above which hasn’t been used - Have Sophia Stats I'm hoping to wrap up this week. 

Any of these courses that can be used in GE can also be used in the BALS AOS, because the GE has the same rules - liberal arts courses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cwendy111
(04-23-2020, 12:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Any of these courses that can be used in GE can also be used in the BALS AOS, because the GE has the same rules - liberal arts courses.

AWESOME!! I see you are an insomniac, like me.  Big Grin

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 575 3 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 125 4 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,566 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 614 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 535 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 274 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,328 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 251 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 308 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az