Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS Capstone
I'm in the course right now and this is definitely not easy. I have a guide written by a mentor for the previous version that was straightforward. But because we are the first class to go through the revamped version our mentor cannot provide any examples to meet the assignment requirements so we're either stuck or having to google older paper styles and hope they they fit the updated rubric and submitting in the blind.

I'm having to have a friend who did extensive graduate work help me to understand what they are asking for and she's just shaking her head because it's so convoluted.

Western Governor's University (WGU)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Accepted/TBD
ENEB/Universidad Isabel I
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - 2023
- Master in Management and Team Management - 2023
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies - 2019
Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
- Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology - 2003

Multiple CLEP, DANTES, Saylor, Straighterline credits.

Professional Certifications
Project Management Professional (PMP)

Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
HelpDesk Institute Support Center Director (HDI-SCD)

(08-20-2019, 01:22 PM)spree610 Wrote: I'm in the course right now and this is definitely not easy. I have a guide written by a mentor for the previous version that was straightforward. But because we are the first class to go through the revamped version our mentor cannot provide any examples to meet the assignment requirements so we're either stuck or having to google older paper styles and hope they they fit the updated rubric and submitting in the blind.

I'm having to have a friend who did extensive graduate work help me to understand what they are asking for and she's just shaking her head because it's so convoluted.

I'm in the course as well. My mentor says that the capstone is more of a graduate-level project and that a lot of students are confused about it. Since there aren't any sample papers using the new format, I've started reviewing graduate-level theses available on the web to base my format on. 
Once I go through the course and get feedback, I'll post my final paper so that future cohorts don't have to struggle as much.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
[-] The following 4 users Like NolaRice's post:
  • CynKane, Mattman72, suzycupcake, TwinMom
thanks for all the info. I would be interested in your perspective in September after you are done. Why make it graduate level? I don't expect it to be too easy, but I hope TESU is not intentionally making it difficult to force you to retake. Some schools have done this as a means to generate revenue.
I did the BALS last June and just followed the format supplied and then compiled everything into the final document at the end. I personally found it time-consuming but not necessarily super difficult. Pick subject material you're interested in and use research from some of your older papers to create new material.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
I get that, but the new curriculum is way different than what you completed last June.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kevro64's post:
  • posabsolute
For me, this new break down is easier to deal with. I no longer have to sweat the final combined paper being the major part of my grade and have other items that I will already have graded before that part is even done. The online presentation does not really concern me but with the capstone being 2 parts I do wonder how that works. I will also be doing this next year for another degree and look forward to others providing feedback.

Online discussions (5)—20%
Written assignments (4)—30%
ETS Major Field Test or Written Communication Assessment—10%
ETS Proficiency Profile—5%
Capstone project (2 parts)—35%
Academic research paper—25%
Oral presentation—10%

Now, these two parts seem to overlap and I wonder how they fit into the overall project. I assume they are directly connected. Capstone project (2 parts)—35%
Academic research paper—25%
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
It's great to get the perspective from someone that has faced both capstone. From what I have read the oral presentation is simply an overview of of your written in which you connect the paper to how they connect to the academic outcomes of the capstone.
Hey everyone, these forums have been super helpful.

I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with the bals capstone, in terms of how time consuming it is. I'm hoping to graduate in March, so therefore I would need to begin the capstone in the November semester. The only thing is I will still be working on my upper level study.com courses, along with SOS-110 (Information Literacy) in November as well. 

Do you think it would be ok to combine these things with the capstone, or will it be pretty overwhelming? I only work part-time so that might help. If you think it would be too much to handle then I would probably wait until December or January to start the capstone, once I have all my other credits completed.

Thanks in advance!
I just turned my Capstone into the Thomas Edison review option. I did my best and hoping for the best. It wasn't that it was hard to write, its just a little confusing to me on the setup of the paper. When I go over papers online they don't include everything from the modules you've written for the assignments but I thought the stuff we wrote prior was to go into the paper?

So what's the worst you can do on the paper and PowerPoint? If you did 100 for almost all writings and discussions? Asking for a friend??? he he Just nervous, my last two classes!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy