Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS Plan Evaluation
Hello, I've created a Plan for my BA in Liberal Studies in TESU. I've filled every open spot with a credit, and just want to make sure that they actually align.

I've linked below my TESU evaluation and my plan to fill the leftover credits.

Thank you all in advance!

TESU Evaluation: https://imgur.com/a/6QzmDNR
Plan to Fill Credits: Link
Principles of Finance (200) - Sophia. I don't think that will count in the Liberal Studies category you have planned.
and I don't remember if Project Management is counted in liberal studies.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

The Sophia Project Management gets put in Electives.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(08-22-2021, 12:12 PM)P226mem Wrote: Principles of Finance (200) - Sophia.  I don't think that will count in the Liberal Studies category you have planned.
and I don't remember if Project Management is counted in liberal studies.

Ok, thank you. Can anyone confirm that Principles of Finance won't count?
Business courses are NOT liberal studies. The exception is some business communications or business psychology classes. If you check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List then anything in the business section is not liberal studies. I'm not 100% sure about "Taking Charge of Your Economic Future" but I think that it is also not Liberal Studies. Everything else that has a TESU Equivalent should be Liberal Studies.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Sometimes I recommend taking a little more than the required courses, you can take these courses if you wanted to enhance your knowledge. Otherwise, these are all elective courses as they're not a Liberal Studies course. If you have the extra energy/time with the subscriptions at Sophia.org, then go ahead and take them after you've completed the required courses from them. Otherwise, work on other required courses instead...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az
(08-22-2021, 04:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Sometimes I recommend taking a little more than the required courses, you can take these courses if you wanted to enhance your knowledge.  Otherwise, these are all elective courses as they're not a Liberal Studies course.  If you have the extra energy/time with the subscriptions at Sophia.org, then go ahead and take them after you've completed the required courses from them.  Otherwise, work on other required courses instead...
I removed the credits that don’t transfer (the business credits to ), If you could check and make sure I’m okay I’d greatly appreciate that. I only need 3 courses to fill the liberal studies portion, 2 of them 100 level courses. I know to do the required ones but The reason I’m asking now is because I’m blasting through the Sophia courses I’ve done 4 in 4 days including the touchstone in Greek philosophy.

So I just wanna line myself up to complete all the credits I can as soon as possible, whether Sophia or other courses.

Thank you all by the way!
Easy - Take the Basic Property Technician course while you're doing the Death Investigation at TEEX.
OR take Fingerprint Comparison Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TEEX
Then complete two Sophia.org courses, such as Art History I and II to complete the remainder
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-22-2021, 10:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Easy - Take the Basic Property Technician course while you're doing the Death Investigation at TEEX.
OR take Fingerprint Comparison Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TEEX
Then complete two Sophia.org courses, such as Art History I and II to complete the remainder

Great! Thank you, and everything else fits?
Not sure what (200) - TEEX means? If it's any of the Cybersecurity courses, those probably won't work there.

You can't use both Art History & Computer Comcepts courses in the AoS, that's too many 100-level courses (Art History is ART-166 and ART-167; computers is CIS-107). You'll need a 200-level course, I would do another Study.com course (COM 120: Presentation Skills in the Work Place? PHI 102: Ethics in America? REL 101: Intro to World Religions? History or Psych has a bunch of 200-level).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 278 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 370 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 341 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 783 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 853 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 629 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts