Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAPSTONE grading and graduation date?
I'm fairly certain I'll be graduating in December. So far, mostly everything works out. However, I'm wondering about the Capstone (I'll be taking the one in August).

TESU Dates Wrote:Graduation
Deadline / Graduation
October 1st / December

LIB-495 Capstone - August
Aug. 5 - Oct. 27, 2019

By the time I'm doing the Capstone, I'll have 117+ of my credits transferred. For the Capstone, I believe having it transferred in mid-November shouldn't be a problem. However, even though the course ends on Oct. 27, I'm guessing that there is still a week to a few weeks needed to correct and grade the Capstone paper. If it's graded in 1-2 weeks, that should be fine—however, 3 weeks brings the transfer just 1 week before December.
  • How much time does it usually take for the Capstone to be graded?
  • If all the other credits are done and all that remains is the grading and transfer of the Capstone, how critical is it for TESU that those credits are transferred 1-2 weeks before December?
  • Will graduating in December by possible? Is it almost certain/likely/possible/unlikely?
According to https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation, you are good to go. However, always verify with academic advising.

Just send them an e-mail. It doesn't hurt.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(04-15-2019, 10:38 PM)pws Wrote: I'm fairly certain I'll be graduating in December. So far, mostly everything works out. However, I'm wondering about the Capstone (I'll be taking the one in August).

TESU Dates Wrote:Graduation
Deadline / Graduation
October 1st / December

LIB-495 Capstone - August
Aug. 5 - Oct. 27, 2019

By the time I'm doing the Capstone, I'll have 117+ of my credits transferred. For the Capstone, I believe having it transferred in mid-November shouldn't be a problem. However, even though the course ends on Oct. 27, I'm guessing that there is still a week to a few weeks needed to correct and grade the Capstone paper. If it's graded in 1-2 weeks, that should be fine—however, 3 weeks brings the transfer just 1 week before December.
  • How much time does it usually take for the Capstone to be graded?
  • If all the other credits are done and all that remains is the grading and transfer of the Capstone, how critical is it for TESU that those credits are transferred 1-2 weeks before December?
  • Will graduating in December by possible? Is it almost certain/likely/possible/unlikely?

As shown in the following link, to meet the requirements for December graduation, you must have your application in and graduation fees (including residency waiver fee) paid no later than October 1st. They also want you to have all transcripts in by that time.

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

If you're in the August capstone course, you're good. They will delay your degree audit until the grades are posted. That usually occurs no later than the 5th of the month after the course ends.

This means you'll want to have all your other credit transcripts in and evaluated by November 5th at the latest. If you get them in by October 1st you should be fine. If your transcripts are not evaluated and on your academic evaluation when the degree audit occurs, you may be bumped into the next graduation cycle (March). TESU may do a rush evaluation to help you meet the audit deadline, but they may not. I wouldn't depend on it. Waiting until 1-2 weeks before December 1st to get your transcripts in will likely guarantee that you will be bumped into the next graduation cycle.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thanks, Merlin and MrBossmanJr. This really clarifies this part of the process.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 693 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,384 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
  When to apply for graduation? Kones 1 225 01-06-2024, 02:13 PM
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,040 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  How to enroll after graduation? No INTERNSHIP!! mt_1994 9 702 10-19-2023, 01:21 PM
  Date Range for TECEP Exam bradonomics 9 584 09-23-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bradonomics
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,144 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore