Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
TESU BALS concentrations through Study.com
Hi, guys!

Anyone know if I can get all 5 of UL courses through Study.com for TESU's choices of concentrations? And is this something I can find out myself somewhere?

I am currently enrolled to get the TESU BALS. I am wondering if I should work on a concentration now, in light of the 12/31/17 expiration of some UL Study.com courses.

I work as an Online Support Pro (Help Desk w/o the hardware and pc background), so the concentrations I am interested in are:

Computer Science
General Management
Communications

Thanks!

~D
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
None of the courses needed for CompSci or Comm are available on Study.com

Only Prin. of Management is available for the GenMgmt concentration.

IF they were to let Study.com's Business Comm (coming in as COM-300) count towards Managerial Comm (which is MAN-373), then that would be good in either GM or Comm concentration.

BTW - it's not a Study.com thing. You cannot test out of any of these concentrations using inexpensive courses we discuss on this forum.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
What about for just straight up liberal studies? Wouldn't some classes transfer in to UL?
Study.com courses proj man, ops man, logistics all went into the concentration AOS when I ran an eval with them.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(09-30-2017, 01:54 AM)Chef945 Wrote: What about for just straight up liberal studies? Wouldn't some classes transfer in to UL?

I used A History of Vietnam War, Advanced Technical Writing, Business Communications towards my BALS UL requirement. I thought they were all great courses. The American Civil War Era is also supposed to come in as UL. I think there are some psychology courses that can be used but they have to be taken (and maybe transferred?)  by 12/31/17 to count as UL until we hear different.
Okay cool thanks!! So far I've got all the UL psych/soc courses down and also vietnam war for UL but just need one last UL course for LS but I'm trying to find one that just has exams and not projects to be honest
(09-30-2017, 11:44 PM)Chef945 Wrote: Okay cool thanks!! So far I've got all the UL psych/soc courses down and also vietnam war for UL but just need one last UL course for LS but I'm trying to find one that just has exams and not projects to be honest

How about Organizational Behavior? 
Can anyone confirm if this course at Study.com is coming in as UL? 
I took it with another provider and it was applied to my BALS AOS as UL.

http://study.com/academy/course/organiza...nformation

Business Ethics might be another option at Study.com.?? I took it as Straighterline and it was applied as UL.

http://study.com/academy/course/business...nformation
Alrighty! Thanks I'll go for those! I really appreciate this help!! Big Grin
(09-30-2017, 08:44 AM)icampy Wrote: Study.com courses proj man, ops man, logistics all went into the concentration AOS when I ran an eval with them.

Which concentration did they go into?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Both gm and ops man. Ops Man is what I'm pursuing, but they all 3 show up in the GM aos evaluation.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 12,360 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,000 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,671 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,129 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,666 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,744 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,362 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,606 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,394 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic