Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS degree plan
(03-31-2022, 10:46 AM)rachel83az Wrote: 1. Yes, they accept ACTFL exams. I don't remember if they give you full credit or not, but they will at least count as electives for anything past 3 foreign language credits.
2. Accepted SDC courses are here: https://study.com/college/school/umpi.html They would be electives. If they are not on that list, they wouldn't be accepted.
3. If the SDC page says that they're UL, they're UL. If it says LL, they're LL.

Remember, you can only transfer in a total of 90 credits toward any one degree. Electives can be anything, but you have a limited number of those. The exact amount varies depending on the degree you seek.

Thanks a lot for your answers !

Maybe, if you have time, you can have a look at the degree plan I've prepared and give me you comments ?

Ciao

Claudio

Attached Files
.xlsx   Umpi BLS MIS Claudio CS.xlsx (Size: 24.51 KB / Downloads: 6)
(03-31-2022, 09:56 AM)csangaletti Wrote: Hi,

Some more questions related to UMPI:

- Will they accept the ACTFL exams ? I would like to take at least 2 for Spanish and/or Italian, that will normally give 24 credits.
- Will they accept SDC exams for computer science even if they will not have an equivalence in UMPI ? I believe they could came in as GE.
- In case the computer science exams from SDC will come in, will they maintain the UL status ? I've checked this link https://study.com/college/school/umpi.html and selected courses that will be accepted.

Thanks a lot

Claudio

Which degree are you looking at from UMPI? The CS Study.com courses will be general electives at UMPI. There aren't may general electives in the BABA's and the BLS requires a considerable amount of UL courses for those general electives. I have not seen anyone receive 24 credits for ACTFL exams at UMPI. American Government from InstantCert transfers for 5E. I also wouldn't pay Study.com for the humanities course. HUM103 can be completed in a few days at UMPI. Are you looking at the UMPI website or the YourPace UMPI website? All UMPI classes aren't available in YourPace. These classes aren't available:

BUS 342 Spreadsheet applications 
BUS 359 IT project management
BUS 405 MIS special topics
BUS 443 Telecommunications and networks 

BUS359 has been suspended from what I was told when I asked about it last session. You have way too many Study.com classes. There's no need to spend all that money and time because they won't really transfer. You have to complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI.  You also must meet this requirement:
Elective Requirements: Students must
take a minimum of 24 credit hours of
upper-level electives beyond courses
taken for the general education core
and minor requirements.

And this requirement:
Residency Requirements: 30 credit hours at UMPI- 12 must be
in the major (Major includes the minor and upper level
electives) and 9 of those 12 must be 300 level or higher
(03-31-2022, 12:38 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 09:56 AM)csangaletti Wrote: Hi,

Some more questions related to UMPI:

- Will they accept the ACTFL exams ? I would like to take at least 2 for Spanish and/or Italian, that will normally give 24 credits.
- Will they accept SDC exams for computer science even if they will not have an equivalence in UMPI ? I believe they could came in as GE.
- In case the computer science exams from SDC will come in, will they maintain the UL status ? I've checked this link https://study.com/college/school/umpi.html and selected courses that will be accepted.

Thanks a lot

Claudio

Which degree are you looking at from UMPI? The CS Study.com courses will be general electives at UMPI. There aren't may general electives in the BABA's and the BLS requires a considerable amount of UL courses for those general electives. I have not seen anyone receive 24 credits for ACTFL exams at UMPI. American Government from InstantCert transfers for 5E. I also wouldn't pay Study.com for the humanities course. HUM103 can be completed in a few days at UMPI. Are you looking at the UMPI website or the YourPace UMPI website? All UMPI classes aren't available in YourPace. These classes aren't available:

BUS 342 Spreadsheet applications 
BUS 359 IT project management
BUS 405 MIS special topics
BUS 443 Telecommunications and networks 

BUS359 has been suspended from what I was told when I asked about it last session. You have way too many Study.com classes. There's no need to spend all that money and time because they won't really transfer. You have to complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI.  You also must meet this requirement:
Elective Requirements: Students must
take a minimum of 24 credit hours of
upper-level electives beyond courses
taken for the general education core
and minor requirements.

And this requirement:
Residency Requirements: 30 credit hours at UMPI- 12 must be
in the major (Major includes the minor and upper level
electives) and 9 of those 12 must be 300 level or higher
Hi,

I’m actually looking for the BLS MIS. I believe requirements are fulfilled in the plan that I have shared. Regarding the courses, where can I find the actual list for yourpace ?
I’ve chosen cs courses from SDC because I want to have more IT courses in the degree and the selected courses are coming from the equivalency list on SDC site. Do you believe the SDC courses will not come in ?
For Sophia I have used all the courses that I see in the equivalency lists in the wikis.
Thanks
Claudio
(04-01-2022, 01:15 AM)csangaletti Wrote: Hi,

I’m actually looking for the BLS MIS. I believe requirements are fulfilled in the plan that I have shared. Regarding the courses, where can I find the actual list for yourpace ?
I’ve chosen cs courses from SDC because I want to have more IT courses in the degree and the selected courses are coming from the equivalency list on SDC site. Do you believe the SDC courses will not come in ?
For Sophia I have used all the courses that I see in the equivalency lists in the wikis.
Thanks
Claudio

There isn't a list of courses. You can see all of the YourPace courses by looking through the various degrees on the YourPace website. 

https://online.umpi.edu/

Academic advisors have files with the courses available. They do change periodically and some classes aren't available every session so it's best to ask your advisor what's available and what will work for your degree. 

You can only transfer in 90 credits and you have more than that. You haven't accounted for the foreign language exam credits. You need to complete most of your UL courses at UMPI. If you take too many at Study then you'll still have to complete the degree requirements at UMPI. You'll be spending extra time and money on courses that won't count towards your degree. They will be on the transcript.

ETA: Your spreadsheet has several GEC requirements that are blank. It's easier to figure the GEC out even if you just copy and paste a course that is used multiple times. I know 4A you have to take at UMPI. It's 0 credits. It's the YourPace orientation and takes less than an hour to complete. InstantCert is cheaper for American Government and faster than the Study course you have listed.
(04-01-2022, 01:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 01:15 AM)csangaletti Wrote: Hi,

Thanks
Claudio

There isn't a list of courses. You can see all of the YourPace courses by looking through the various degrees on the YourPace website. 

https://online.umpi.edu/

Academic advisors have files with the courses available. They do change periodically and some classes aren't available every session so it's best to ask your advisor what's available and what will work for your degree. 

You can only transfer in 90 credits and you have more than that. You haven't accounted for the foreign language exam credits. You need to complete most of your UL courses at UMPI. If you take too many at Study then you'll still have to complete the degree requirements at UMPI. You'll be spending extra time and money on courses that won't count towards your degree. They will be on the transcript.

ETA: Your spreadsheet has several GEC requirements that are blank. It's easier to figure the GEC out even if you just copy and paste a course that is used multiple times. I know 4A you have to take at UMPI. It's 0 credits. It's the YourPace orientation and takes less than an hour to complete. InstantCert is cheaper for American Government and faster than the Study course you have listed.

Hi,

Maybe you can help me with the admission requirements for UMPI.
I know that I need transcript from my high school diploma in Italy, but what I can provide is the diploma itself where the final grade is reported.
It will be not possible for me to have transcripts of the grades of all the courses, specially because we are speaking of the year 1986 and even the school dose not have this anymore.

Thanks

Claudio
(04-05-2022, 04:07 AM)csangaletti Wrote: Hi,

I know that I need transcript from my high school diploma in Italy, but what I can provide is the diploma itself where the final grade is reported.
It will be not possible for me to have transcripts of the grades of all the courses, specially because we are speaking of the year 1986 and even the school dose not have this anymore.

Thanks

Claudio

The application requirements are different for international students. I'll send you a pm with the YourPace admissions contact who can let you know what you will need to submit. Good luck!

ETA: Your account isn't set up for pms so I can't send you the info. If you update your account let me know and I'll send the info.
(04-05-2022, 08:42 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 04:07 AM)csangaletti Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

Claudio

The application requirements are different for international students. I'll send you a pm with the YourPace admissions contact who can let you know what you will need to submit. Good luck!

ETA: Your account isn't set up for pms so I can't send you the info. If you update your account let me know and I'll send the info.
Hi,
I have the PM enable now.
Thanks
(04-11-2022, 07:49 AM)csangaletti Wrote: Hi,
Thanks

PM sent Smile
(04-11-2022, 10:57 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 07:49 AM)csangaletti Wrote: Hi,
Thanks

PM sent Smile
Hi,

Since you have experience with the BLS MIS at UMPI, can you suggest a correct degree plan ? I will actually start from scratch.

Thanks

Claudio

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 58 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 152 10 hours ago
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 132 Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 73 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 67 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,716 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,550 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 120 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM