Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest/ Quickest Psychology Degree Plan?
Okay, I know I'm asking a lot of questions on here but it's only after hours of research and coming to the end of my rope, so please forgive me if I'm annoying.

Here's my question (and I'm asking for another family member of mine who's interested in earning an accelerated. She's an adult).

What's the easiest/ cheapest/ quickest degree plan for a BA in psychology?

She's opened to any school but has heard a lot about Arizona State University. I know there's the whole Starbucks tuition benefit, but is that the best option?

Thanks in advance. You all are the best!
Does she have any existing credits? List those please grouped by source, with year (if old) and number of credits

TESU has BALS with Psychology concentration, https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...centration
COSC has BS Psychology https://www.charteroak.edu/psychology/
But I'm not sure if all you can test out all courses.
UMPI has no fast Psychology degree
EC does, not sure how many use that https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Psychology

I'm pretty sure others will help you, with the tuition benefits and more specific plans.
[-] The following 2 users Like lacussucceed's post:
  • iothom, WALLACEMC11
TESU also has a BA Psych degree plan (not just BALS with concentration) on the wiki. Because of the lower number of UL credits that are required, that would likely be the fastest and cheapest way to get a degree.

You can get at least most of the way to a COSC Psych degree but it is much harder because they no longer accept Coopersmith for credit. You also have to take statistics specifically from them, which makes the process more difficult.

I don't think that ASU's Psych degree could be accelerated at all. Maybe a few CLEP exams but that is it. The Starbucks benefit is good, sure, but I'm fairly certain that it would take a full 4 years to earn a degree through ASU that way.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • iothom, WALLACEMC11
I would look into EC's current degree plans.  I was able to earn most of the UL credits for my BSLA from Coopersmith (the majority from Psych courses, which I enjoyed) and I had several others approved by my advisor, but didn't need them.  Coopersmith is an excellent source for low-cost, self-paced UL Psych courses, as long as you're a self-starter willing to do some reading.
[-] The following 2 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • clj626, iothom
EC is going to be the cheapest, TESU will be next; both will be easy to find credits. Both will be fast.

I just think on this forum, we have the most info about TESU, making it the easiest to earn for that reason.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • iothom
I’m actually doing this now through excelsior. I’m getting most my credits from coopersmith and transferring them. I do have previous credits though.
One question is what is the ultimate goal? Many people erroneously believe that one has to have a BA in psychhology to go on to a masters in some form of mental health counseling (MFT/LPCC/LCSW). And this is not actually the case. So depending on what she is actually after, there may be more options (easier and cheaper) if she does not actually *need* the psych undergrad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 21 240 21 minutes ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 111 3 hours ago
Last Post: curious
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 181 Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 260 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,846 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 281 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737