Civic Engagement 3SH
3 *I'm wondering why POS2041 below didn't fulfill this requirement. Grade: C

C: KNOWLDG HUMAN CULTRS
ARTH241 Film & Lit - 3
COMM220 Small Group Comm - 3
COMM250 Mass Comm - 3
MUL1017 History Jazz+Rock - 3

D: UNDRST PHYS&NAT WRLD 
3*I was hoping BSC1050 below would apply toward this requirement above. Grade: B
1 Sophia Intro to Info Tech - planned
E: GE ELECTIVES
COMM211 Social Media & Soc - 3
COMM210 Comm & Gender - 3
COMM110 Info & Digital Lit - 2

2: Liberal Studies (30 SH: 15SH at upper level) 
A: Upper Level (15 SH)
3 Study.com Am Civil War Era - in progress
3 Study.com History Vietnam War - planned
3 Study.com Holocaust - planned
3 Study.com Sociology of Work - planned
3 TEEX Death Inv - in progress

B: Liberal Stud (15 SH)
HFT2223 Human Rel & Sup - 3
BSC1050 Environment Sci - 3 *I was hoping this would apply toward Phy & Nat World requirement above. Grade: B
COM-230 Intro to Interpersonal Comm - 3
POS2041 Amer Natl Gvt - 3 *I'm wondering why this didn't fulfill Civic Engagement requirement above. Grade: C

3: Liberal Arts Capstone (3 SH)
LIB-495 Capstone

4: Electives (27SH)
HFT2254 Lodging Op - 3
SLS1122 Student Success - 3
HFT2210 Hospitality Mgt - 3
HFT2600 Hospitality Law - 3
HFT1000 Intro Hospitality Tourism - 3
ACCT105 Accounting - 3
GRA1413 Prof Dev for Designers - 1

Completed but not on eval:

SL:
Intro to Religion - 3
U.S. History II - 3
Study.com Intro to Marketing - 3
Sophia:
Visual Comm - 3
Art History I - 3
Art History II - 3
Intro to Soc - 3
Intro to Psyc - 3
Intro to Ethics - 3
Managing Conflict - 1

Sadly, my ACE transcript didn't arrive in time for the second evaluation. I'm registered for Med Terminology TECEP 6/1 so I need to wait until after 6/10 for next eval.  

Any insight as to where unassigned credits will be applied so I can figure out what I still need? I'm also wondering why American Gov and Environmental Sci weren't applied to the areas I thought they'd be.
I think I'll appeal for a review of the courses I thought would apply to general ed sub-categories but were instead applied as Liberal Studies electives. Both courses were taken to fulfill general ed requirements at my community college in fall of 2013. Both were passed with a grade of C or higher.

POLS 2041 American Government - I'm hoping will fulfill Civic Engagement
BSC 1050 Environmental Science - I'm hoping will count as three credits needed in Understanding the Physical and Natural World

Or am I missing something? Has anyone had luck with a TESU credit transfer appeal? Thanks!
It has been a couple of years since I went through the process, but it isn't really a credit appeal. They throw those evaluations together and it isn't unusual to have to ask to have things moved. I remember doing this myself with several courses. I even went back and had things moved when certain courses were considered UL and fit better in my AOS, vs taking another LL course and using it in a category. Just send them an email and see what they say. Unless something has changed from when I graduated, those courses should fill those spaces.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Yeah I would for sure ask them to move ones thst didn't fit. The civic engagement and natural world.

With all the ones you have in progress you would have more than enough to fill all the free elecitives and gen eds and ll lib studies too. I believe with everything you listed you would have the degree done.
(05-14-2020, 09:55 PM)rlw74 Wrote: It has been a couple of years since I went through the process, but it isn't really a credit appeal. They throw those evaluations together and it isn't unusual to have to ask to have things moved. I remember doing this myself with several courses. I even went back and had things moved when certain courses were considered UL and fit better in my AOS, vs taking another LL course and using it in a category. Just send them an email and see what they say. Unless something has changed from when I graduated, those courses should fill those spaces.

Great -- thank you!

(05-14-2020, 10:15 PM)natshar Wrote: Yeah I would for sure ask them to move ones thst didn't fit. The civic engagement and natural world.

With all the ones you have in progress you would have more than enough to fill all the free elecitives and gen eds and ll lib studies too. I believe with everything you listed you would have the degree done.

Awesome -- that's what I'm hoping! I'm planning to take the two TESU courses starting in July and, in the meantime, I'll keep plugging away at the others.
Thank you!
So TESU does the evals with a hierarchy: 1st is the AOS, so any courses that are UL go first and then the LL go next. Because your 2 courses will work in the AOS, they stuck them there. you just need to email (separate ones for each course so as not to confuse them) and ask that they be moved to the "correct" spots. They will move them right away.

BTW - it's much more helpful if you give what the TESU course equivalency number is when you have it, because that's the key to everything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cwendy111, ldmoose
Update: I sent an email and a few hours later I received a reply that my courses have been moved. Smile

Again, thanks to all those who take time to share your knowledge -- you're changing people's lives and that's fantastic!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ldmoose's post:
  • cwendy111

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 269 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch